2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

To my knowledge the club have said nothing about Higdon or Hateley, either it's bollocks or they are just holding back on releasing the news.

I'm sure I read quotes somewhere from Kenny Back pretty much saying that the club were expecting Higdon to be away...

Higdon, Hateley and McFadden are all still listed on the official site as first team players. So until we here any different they will be with us next year. Over to you Motherwell. whistling.gif

I have a bigger first team than that in my football team at work, christ that is so threadbare.Notice it hasn't been updated in a while as the new guys are not featured..:blink:

McCall hopes to bring in 5 more players, one of them is McFadden. Given up on Higdon and Hateley but hopes to re-sign Sutton.

The gist of McCall's press conference to the media.

McFadden, Sutton and three others? Winger, keeper and maybe defender you'd figure. I could live with that...

Will the club actually announce that they are moving on? I always like to hear it from the horses mouth.

Anyways, so long to "Big Hignal" (as my dad called him). What a great 2 years he gave us, more goals in a single season in 37 years and awarded player of the year. I'll always remember him singing "since i was young" at rhe East Stand after the last home game there. You can't argue that he doesn't deserve a big pay day on the back of this season. Still sucks though.

So long to Tam aswell. A good servant who despite taking some stick was a virtually ever present in what has been a very successful era for us. He also leaves us with 2 of my favourite "Well moments" in recent times of the last minute free kicks v St Mirren and Odense.

I just hope they don't go to that brand new club in the 2nd division!

I'm not that confident that we'll get McManus. Just a gut instinct...

Interesting that McCall mentioned McFadden. I had written off our chances of keeping him. Don't think McCall is prone to flying kites when talking about stuff like this so might be a good chance there. Unless he's trying to sell season tickets by hinting at it...

Neilson, Sutton, McFadden, a winger (Ainsworth?) and a defender (either to play right back or to allow Ramsden to play there) and we'll look decent..

Neilson

_______ Ramsden Hutchinson Hammell

Lasley Lawson

Ainsworth Vigurs McFadden

Sutton

Subs

Hollis

Cummins

Carswell

Angol

Moore

McHugh

As I've said, could easily live with that...

It will certainly be interesting to see were they both end up. Sevco must surely be favourites to sign Rangers leg(bell)end Mark Hateley's son?

i keep asking this question, but havent seen a definitive answer............can sevco actually sign him? i dont think they can

Pretty sure he's just been told to find another club rather than released based on this story

Jennings

I'm sure Elvis knows what he's doing :whistling:

Quite feel sorry for Coventry with that imposter as a manager.

Happily take Jenning's back though if they want to release him. Not first priority though given we have Lawson, Lasley and Carswell.

Jennings back in the centre would be brilliant, although I think he will be snapped up pretty quickly

I, like others, thought we'd miss Jennings. But did we? Given we finished second, probably not as much as we thought we would. With Lawson, Lasley and Carswell on the books, we don't really need him now. We need to be looking at more creative players.

Although reading further into the article, the guy Clarke might be worth a look. Right back who played for England U19s prior to injury. Could use a spell at Fir Park as Randolph, Humphrey and others have done, to catch the eye of bigger clubs down South...