Mccall Leaving?

prideoflanarkshire

Just wondering if anyone else thinks he will go in the summer?

Today's sun has him heavily linked to the Sheffield united hot seat. I know he has just signed a contract extension but when money talks and the hard task of replacing most of our starting 11 on a shoe string I think he might fancy it.

Worried???

Just wondering if anyone else thinks he will go in the summer?

Today's sun has him heavily linked to the Sheffield united hot seat. I know he has just signed a contract extension but when money talks and the hard task of replacing most of our starting 11 on a shoe string I think he might fancy it.

Worried???

Nah am no worried, another Europe trip on his CV would make him stay

The fact he has just signed a contract means that if he does go we will be suitably compensated. In fact in a strange way it is maybe the best time that it does happen. Not that I want him to, I have enjoyed his tenure other than any Motherwell manager during my time supporting the team.

The fact he has just signed a contract means that if he does go we will be suitably compensated. In fact in a strange way it is maybe the best time that it does happen. Not that I want him to, I have enjoyed his tenure other than any Motherwell manager during my time supporting the team.

I would agree. Mcghees first season aside, where we played some really nice football, this is definitely the most enjoyable period since we got second under McLeish.

It would be foolish not to be a little concerned. Sheffield Utd are a big club. He has previous links with them and they will obviously be aware of how well McCall has done given they signed Murphy.

Just need to hope their chairman is a little mental and gives Warnock another chance.

If he does go I think its a fair chance that Randolph and Law might follow him......

Fingers crossed it doesnt happen and they all end up staying!

Everyone at the club now will leave at some point, some sooner some later. It isn't worth worrying over.

I am happier people I want to stay sign contracts certainly but as pointed out it just means better compensation if they suddenly go and well hopefully it gets reinvested fruitfully.

Despite the downside of administration I reckon my whole life time following Motherwell has been about as good as can be expected supporting a wee provincial team.

From first game I saw us a 3-0 win over Accies with Kirk scoring twice I think in 1986 despite a few relegation scraps and the misery of Malpas we have had plenty of good teams. Watched real class players from Bobby Russell and Davie Cooper, Tommy Coyne and Paul Lambert to James McFadden and Nicky Law.

So yeah things will fall away from how good they are just now and hopefully they'll bounce back in due course. Enjoy it whilst the football is good and have a good old moan and rant when it's pish but in short dinnae stress about it! :)

• Like 2

McCall has come in and done a great job. With the players we lost over the summer, I'd be have content with a top 6 this season and a chance of European football. Safe to say my expectations have been comfortably exceeded.

The gaffer has done a terrific job, not just at managing the team, but in his attitude to the game. Every time I see him giving an interview he is enthusing about the Scottish game (which makes a change from the daily misery in the media).

Undoubtedly been a good deal for all parties, so he if he did go, he'd leave with my best wishes. An as other said, with 2 years compensation in our back pocket and the chance for a new boss to build a new team over the summer, it wouldn't be a disaster.

I'll be happy if he stays though, as you can tell how much the players enjoy working with him and the confidence he has instilled make this one of the most exciting teams I can remember.

• Like 1

All depends if Sheffield Utd get through the play offs and into the Championship. If that happens they will probably give the gig to Morgan (caretaker Manager).

If they do not - then I think it would be odds on they come after McCall. Probably to manage both Law and Murphy next year. Also he would come after a couple of others Higdon and Faddy ??

Hope he stays, but he has done an excellent job at Motherwell and at least we would be due some compo for him.

Can't help thinking it would be a great move for Sheffield. Pay the Well a few grand compensation, then let their new man sign up Randolph, Hutchison, Law, Hatley and Higdon for free - they'd get half a new team for free, who love playing for him and enjoy tripling (?) their wages into the bargain. Maybe Faddy could be tempted too.

I think Warnock is only good as a pundit now.

McCall is actually drifting in the betting for this job. He was 8/1 and is now 12/1. All the smart money seems to be on Martin Allen. I have a feeling this is another spot of lazy journalism from the Sun. Stuart McCall + Sheffield United history + Sheffield United Vacancy = 5.

Definitely not all Blades fans in favour

re: Stuart McCall

Not for me.

Did nothing at Bradford not so long ago.

He's doing well in a division in limbo minus Rangers. Nothing to suggest he would do well here. His own fans are not that sure about him.

re: Stuart McCall

I wouldn`t be looking at McCall either.

Davies is a very worthwhile candidate as is Dean Smith at Walsall,obviously Rosler (unlikely as I think they`ll go up)or Robinson who I think would jump at the opportunity.

There are some in favour too, but it's this kind of narrow minded ignorance that gives me hope we can hold on to him :)

I think since McGhee (and probably before) most of us have became aclumatised to people viewing Morherwell as a place to do well and move on. I used to be anxious about people moving on but not anymore. Time and time again we've replaced people.

We lost Porter, we gained Sutton. We lost Sutton we gained Higdon.

We lost McCormack, we gained Obrien. We lost Obrien and we gained Murphy. And on top we got Ojamma.

We lost Smith, we got Ruddy (ok we had Fraser for a bit). We lost Ruddy and we gained Randolph.

There are so many examples. Patterson/Hammel. Hughes/Jennings/Law. Reynolds/Saunders/Hutchison.

I used to worry but fuck it. We seem to be an institution that an reinvent its core over and over.