End Of Season Awards

johnstone

Right I am bored on my lunch break and thought we need a wee awards post to get us all going. So...

Player of the Year - 1,2 and 3

Young Player of the Year

Goal of the Season (This could change as McFadden might still make us all cum with a squiggler from 50 yards)

Signing of the Season

Mine would be:

Players of the Season

1. Michael Higdon - The beast, classy finisher with left, right and head. Also scared the utter shite out McPake which got him an extra point.

2. Darren Randolph - Best keeper in the SPL and will be gutted when he goes. Hardly put a foot wrong all season. Immense

3. Henrik Ojamma - Never stops working and has more assists than any other player in the SPL. Fantastic season.

Young Player of the Season

Stuart Carswell - broken into the first team and looks a fantastic prospect. Would have given it to Cummins but he was quite poor at the start of the season.

Goal of the Season

Kallum Higginbothams scissors kick was a thing of beauty. Doubt that will get topped this season

Signing of the Season

The return of the King. McFadden has turned our season around. Since he has arrived we have been brilliant. He has setup a load of goals and scored two. And he is fucking quality!

Player of the Season

1. Higdon - defended him ever since he signed, as I could see what he was good at and what he was shite at. People say that his style of fitba isnt pleasing on the eye, I dont agree, I love the way he holds the ball up and brings others into play before. To score, 25-30 goals in a season for Motherwell is utterly phenomenol stuff really

2. Randolph - quite simply the best goalkeeper we've had in my time watching Motherwell, and should be looking at top level Championship with an eye on promotion to the EPL.

3. Law - classy wee player, although feel that we have lacked a bit of bite in midfield this season, and more oftne than not found ourselves out-numbered in the middle he has generally done the business.

Cummins - had some dodgy moments from time-to-time, but I think a lot of that can be put down to the lack on experienced cb beside him when he's been called on.

Goal of The Season

Higginbothams overhead kick, technique was awesome. He's been hard done to, with the re-signing of Faddy in my opinion.

Signing of The Season

There can be only one contender for this. The guy shouldnt be playing in our league let alone for us. A genuine genuis on the ball, and even when he is having quiet spells you can still see teams wary of him, doubling up on him and allowing space for others.

Player of the Season

1.) Michael Higdon- Can only be Higdon. I mean 25 goals in 40 games is unreal for a club like ours, I mean I think 1 in 3 is a decent strike rate from a Motherwell striker. Higdon this season has averaged a goal every 1.6 games. Such is his form in fact it puts him inside the top 20 for the European Golden Boot, the award for the most prolific striker in Europe.

Golden Boot

2.) Nicky Law- For me probably our best player this season and would have gotten my vote in almost any other season but you simply can't ignore the goals Higdon has scored. Law however has been crucial to our success and is one of the best footballers I've seen for Motherwell. Such a classy and composed player in the middle of the park who makes things look so easy. Goals, assists and the ability to control a game. Everything you'd want in a midfielder and for me he showed in the win over Celtic he's as good as anyone in this league.

3.) Darren Randolph- Earned us so many points with so many crucial saves, will miss the big man when he's gone. Probably the best keeper I've seen play for Motherwell which says it all really.

Henrik Ojamaa- He's still only 21 and this is really his first full season at this level of football and despite his lack of goals for me he's been brilliant. His energy, work rate and attitude have been first class since he had that dodgy spell at the start of the season. And as someone else said you can't have Higdon without Ojamaa, they're a great double act. It's also funny to remember Ojamaa getting slated on here at the start of the season for being a 'greedy wee shite' etc. yet he showed great character to bounce back and currently sits top of the SPL assists charts. Funny old game. Despite him scoring less goals I think his all round game has developed to a better level than it was when he first arrived. I hope he stays for a while yet as I think if he can continue to learn and develop he can turn into a very, very good player.

Goal of The Season

Kallum Higginbotham- Not even just for the finish which in itself was sublime but the whole move leading up to it was excellent. A tremendous finish to a great team goal.

Signing of The Season

Ramsden and Kerr put up a good fight but Faddy probably just edges it...

1.)[/u][/b] Michael Higdon- Can only be Higdon. I mean 25 goals in 40 games is unreal for a club like ours, I mean I think 1 in 3 is a decent strike rate from a Motherwell striker. Higdon this season has averaged a goal every 1.6 games. Such is his form in fact it puts him inside the top 20 for the European Golden Boot, the award for the most prolific striker in Europe.

Golden Boot

It's kinda depressing to look at the market values of the players roundabout Higgy in that table, knowing what we'll get for him -- the two below him are valued at £12.5m and £22m !

Player of the Year - 1,2 and 3

1) Higdon - The big man just loves goals

2) Randolph - Won us a few good points this season

3) Law - Class act in midfield

Young Player of the Year

What age is Ojaama? If he counts then defo him as he is top of the spl assists charts and always works his arse off. 2nd i'd give to carswell who has impressed me everytime i've seen him and 3rd ZFA he still has a lot to learn but more than played his part (hibs away 3-2 win after being 2 down and aberdeen at home stick out anyway) this season

Goal of the Season

1) Higgingbotham vs hibs

2) Higdon vs Dundee Utd

3) Humphrey vs Dundee United

honourable mentions to faddy's freekick vs st mirren and nicky laws goals vs st johnstone and Dundee away

Signing of the Season

James McFadden provided that extra bit of spark we needed after Murphy left and is an absolute joy to watch

Player of the Year

1) Michael Higdon - a class act all season now that we have learned to play to his strengths and we have reaped the benefit. In my mind he should win the SPL player of the year.

2)Nicky Law - in any other season he would be player of the year. His ball retention and eye for a pass in midfield have allowed players to get forward in support of Higdon and he has not been shy in that regard either, getting forward into good positions and weighing in with some important goals.

3) Darren Randolph - vital stops at vital times to ensure the flow of games kept going in our favour ensuring the points came home. Also makes very few errors. The best goalkeeper in the League.

Young Player of the Year

Henrik Ojamaa - very easy to forget his age given the expectations placed on his shoulders since his arrival but that shows the standards he has set. His workrate is second to none even when having a rare stinker. Most assists in the league speaks for itself. His decision making will improve with experience and although I would have liked him to have scored more goals himself, that would just be being picky.

Goal of the season

Hard to argue with Wee Higgies v Hibs for the build up and technical execution. However I am going to plump for McFadden v Hibs for pure euphoric value and storybook ending. Dont think I have felt that good since Paris 2007!

Signing of the Season

Himself.......welcome home Faddy. You've made a middle aged man very happy. I dont think Im alone.

Player of the Season

1.) Michael Higdon- Can only be Higdon. I mean 25 goals in 40 games is unreal for a club like ours, I mean I think 1 in 3 is a decent strike rate from a Motherwell striker. Higdon this season has averaged a goal every 1.6 games. Such is his form in fact it puts him inside the top 20 for the European Golden Boot, the award for the most prolific striker in Europe.

Golden Boot

No sign of a certain Mr Hooper on this list, surprise surprise...

Would agree with most of the nominations above, apart from goal of the season....we've scored ^so* many peaches this year that I couldn't possibly choose just one :D

Player of the Year

1. Higdon - just outstanding

2. Law - just slightly less outstanding than Higdon but can do things a lot of players at our level cannot.

3. Struggling to choose between Randolph and Ojamaa but just going for Randolph.

Young Player

Ojamaa has been superb, running off the ball and intelligent and so many assists. Angol and Carswell just as good but not had the game time to make an impression but excited by them.

Goal of the Season

I'm split between two - Humphrey at Tannadice and Ojamaa v Kilmarnock at Christmas. But Ojamaa is getting it on the nod because I was there.

Signing of the Season

I think Ramsden when fit has brought a lot of experience to our very raw centre halfs otherwise so I'd go for him. Faddy gave us impact when we needed it but I think to give it to someone for 7 starts and 2 sub appearances is a bit of an insult.

Also adding in Favourite Match of the Season

For me Hibernian 2 Motherwell 3.

POTY

1. Higdon - not just goals but overall play has been fantastic

2. Law - brilliant schemer,had a fantastic season and the potential to make a very good living out the game

3. Randolph - best keeper in scotland by a mile quite simply, worth 15+ points a season to us

YPOTY -

1. Ojamaa - workrate and attitude are fantastic,been a superb foil for Higdon

2. Hutch - Been a Colossus at times for us

3. ZFA - Will get more game time next season but looks a very exciting prospect

Goal of the season -

1. Higginbotham scissor kick v Hibs

2. Faddy free kick v St Midden

3. Higdon screamer v Utd

4. Humph screamer v Utd

5. Higdon hat-trick v ICT in sept (nice work,Humph cut back,Higdon top corner from 12 yards)

Signing of the Season -

Simply Faddy! He's given us this years Ojamaa factor,already just looks far too good for this level

Player of the Year

1. Michael Higdon - Wasn't actually going to give it to him, but you cannot look past the amount of goals, and chances he creates. For a player that is more than a tap-in merchant to score 24 goals (and counting) this season in the league can not, and should not be scoffed at.

2. Darren Randolph - Made more saves than any other keeper in the SPL. And still manages to concede less than some. We have been spoiled by his ability and wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him get the international recognition he deserves in the future.

3. Nicky Law - Class.

Young Player of the Year

Henrik Ojamaa - Not scored as many goals as any Motherwell fan would like I guess, but his work rate is second to none, and his assit total counts for itself.

Signing of the Season

James McFadden - As someone said above, the signing gave us a shot in the arm, which the Ojamaa signing did for us last season. So far ahead of anyone else in the SPL technically.

Goal of the Season

Kallum Higginbotham - Can't remember every excellent goal (hopefully, we'll get a compliation by the guy who does it via Youtube), but this one stands out, but not just because of the finish, but the lead up to it too. Excellent.

Players of the Season

1. Michael Higdon - Incredible scoring exploits

2. Darren Randolph - Best goalkeeper we've had in the 30 years I've watched us

3. Nicky Law - Classy player who showed he can play at a higher level

Zane Francis Angol - Started the season as a dodgy looking left back, developed into a tasty looking left midfielder.

Goal of the Season

Kallum Higginbotham - Probably goal of the decade!

Signing of the Season

James McFadden - Great to see him strut his stuff again at Fir Park. Class.

How about a special award for JP, we have a tiny squad and he and his team work minor miracles keeping them injury free, working on the niggles and strains to ensure they don't get worse.

He da man!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

one of the most important people at Fir Park,

I dont think he will continue on fulltime for much longer, he deserves much more recognition for his service, think he took on the role the year after the cup win?

Player of the Year:

1. Michael Higdon- Speaks for itself, range of goals in terms of left, right and head and range of goals in terms of tap ins, converting crosses, cute finishes and last week's long range effort. Scored consistently over the season as well. How any of our fans gave him stick in the past is just completely ludicrous.

2. Nicky Law- Positional change was nae bother for him. Probably flourished more in centre to be honest, despite the fact last season I'd definitely have said his best position was the left. Great creative force, brilliant at picking passes and never panics in possession.

3. Darren Randolph- You can't underestimate how much a good goalkeeper is worth to you, especially when at times we've compromised the defensive side of our game. Our next keeper won't be as good, we can be sure of that.

Young Player Of The Year:

Henrik Ojamaa- Very unlucky not to make my top three. On paper you may question why a forward who has only scored four goals is being rated so highly, but the highest amount of assists in the league and his general all round play have been the catalyst for so many of our goals.

Goal of the Season: In terms of sheer technicality, I'd say Higginbotham's against Hibs, but big shout outs need to go to Higdon's two at Tannadice, Law's 2nd at Dens, both of Faddy's and Ojamaa's against Kilmarnock.

Signing of the Season: McFadden. A class above and we've still to lose a game in which he has started. You wonder what effect a full season with him could have had.