New Home Kit For 2013/2014 Season

Wellimp

I think it's a bit over complicated. Designers trying too hard.

Agree.

From the waist down it's good. For me the 'real' Motherwell strip includes white shorts so I'm happy to get them back and I always like hooped socks.

The top is disappointing because it could have been great with just a couple of alterations. It seems like they were just throwing design elements on to it when they should have left it alone.

I don't mind the arms so much but the neck design is poor and why are the side panels there?

Designers need to keep things simple. There is no need to have claret side panels there and no hoop going all the way round.

Not the worst we've ever had but I feel like a few adjustments it could have been a really good kit.

1366912550[/url]' post='380419']

Agree.

From the waist down it's good. For me the 'real' Motherwell strip includes white shorts so I'm happy to get them back and I always like hooped socks.

The top is disappointing because it could have been great with just a couple of alterations. It seems like they were just throwing design elements on to it when they should have left it alone.

I don't mind the arms so much but the neck design is poor and why are the side panels there?

Designers need to keep things simple. There is no need to have claret side panels there and no hoop going all the way round.

Not the worst we've ever had but I feel like a few adjustments it could have been a really good kit.

Are the sleeves all claret on the long sleeved version, or do we not do those anymore?

The use of white just doesn't seem to fit with the overall concept.

Between the shirt and the socks, there seems to be a near balancing of the claret and amber colors. The white shorts bung that up; they clash with the claret and amber hooped socks, while the white in the collar inset is unnecessary.

Replace the white shorts with claret shorts and remove the white from the collar inset, and the kit would better.

Basically, just modify UBH's mockup by adding the claret sleeves: http://www.steelmeno...ndpost&p=380303

Agree.

I'm kind of along those lines. Not overly fussed about the colour of the shorts or socks they dish up but I do look to see a claret hoop or band and since we've retained that I'm delighted.

But I do agree if with your points that a couple of tweaks involving the side-panels and the neck panel could have made it a belter. If the neck panel was a solid block of claret and the side panels weren't there then I think it would a bit more clean and less busy looking.

Normally like white shorts but this seems unbalanced for some reason.

I agree this design would look better with claret shorts and the neck from UBHs mock up.

Love the socks though. Belters.

Havent bought a home kit for a long time. Not sure this will change my mind. I may change my mind if Faddy lifts a Scottish Cup in it right enough.......

I like the idea of going back to white shorts , and the socks themselves are cracking, but to me they don't work together . For me it would need to be a plain sock with the white shorts , or claret shorts with the hooped sock . Just all looks a bit busy , losing the side panels and making the collar insert a solid claret bar as mentioned would make the top a winner , all down to personal taste I suppose .

Like the socks and the white shorts could work at times. That shirt though... I don't like it at all. Collar's bad, the claret panels with white trim on the side are bad. It's just messy, really. Not averse to claret sleeves though. Would have preferred something a bit simpler.

£40 saved!

Hoping the away shirt is more to my liking!

Frustrated. The shorts and socks are cracking but the top is a shocker IMO, way too much going on. The collar is gay and the sleeves are horrible.

After some really good Puma efforts, we are back to an era where we are presented with a top that you hope is a grower. I doubt this one is...

Is the anniversary top still available?

Frustrated. The shorts and socks are cracking but the top is a shocker IMO, way too much going on. The collar is gay and the sleeves are horrible.

After some really good Puma efforts, we are back to an era where we are presented with a top that you hope is a grower. I doubt this one is...

Is the anniversary top still available?

The silver kit was a cracker

I think the socks the white shorts would go well with a rugby white collar type and of course our wonderful retro shirt from earlier this season.

That's my view as well, these shorts and socks would go a treat with a more traditional style jersey, simpler and less busy. They are simply classy together, but it's not a disaster this one. Just a bit much going on.