New Home Kit For 2013/2014 Season

Wellimp

Not too sure of it yet...

I always seem to buy away tops and was looking to get the home top this year but I'll hold off and see if it grows on me. My first thought was that it looks like each piece has been taken from different kits and put together.

I love the socks though thumbup.gif

Maybe it's just the lighting but its very yellow in the pics

The amber has gone too yellow in some shirts (however as you say this may be the lighting). It is very difficult to strike the correct balance between yellow, amber and orange, personally I would prefer it if it was a touch darker. In my opinion the amber on our 1991 Admiral top was the perfect shade.

Not sure about the top until I see it in action, but I think that M.F.C. and Puma deserve a great deal of credit for once again listening to what we wanted. Look back over the other kit-related threads and all the talk was about re-introducing the sash, hooped socks and white shorts. Two out of three isn't bad, but then we haven't seen the new away top yet!

As shown in the Leeds game, hooped socks and white shorts looked very smart with the simpler, cleaner 125 top.

2s93ucg.jpg

I play fives in those socks, Nicky Law's to be precise.

Still can't decide on the kit. It'll be good if we win in it.

As shown in the Leeds game, hooped socks and white shorts looked very smart with the simpler, cleaner 125 top.

2s93ucg.jpg

Quite like the new strip although I wouldn't have had the collar insert and I'd have stuck with amber sleeves.

IMO, the above retro kit, simple as it is, is pretty unbeatable

MON RA DOSSERS

I don't think they add clues about the away in the home top. It is a football top, no an episode of Jonathan Creek.

Now you're making me pine for the days when you had to work out what it was going to look like from some two-inch square teaser photos.

Have to say I actually don't mind the collar at all. It's different, but inoffensive. (Not that I'll be buying one anyway -- always said I'd stop wearing football tops when I hit 40, and that was a while ago now!)

Often not sure of kits at 1st, and they grow on me after a few games.

As others have said, all 3 items on their own are nice, but look a bit of a mismatch together.

Claret shorts and a planer collar would probably be the changes I'd make. May buy the top, or possibly the away top if its nice?

I didn't like it at first either, but show it to a kid and they're all "woa, cool, awesome"

We are too old and fickle, we need to see it through the eyes of a child, and it then looks cool, awesome, its new.

If they want to sell adult sizes then presumably they need it to appeal to adults too.