New Home Kit For 2013/2014 Season

Wellimp

Various problems raised from within the squad which the agent for the kit supplier hasn't rectified cue our kit man putting his hand into his own pockets... AGAIN

General consensus was sleeves being too long, also varied ideas on how neckline could be worn.

The sleeves being too long doesn’t appear to me to be too big a issue. I can see the neckline being a problem with some players as it does look a little tight around the neckline. Just curious, which of these issues has forced the kit man to pay out of his own pocket?

The sleeves being too long doesn't appear to me to be too big a issue. I can see the neckline being a problem with some players as it does look a little tight around the neckline. Just curious, which of these issues has forced the kit man to pay out of his own pocket?

Naw? Well, you argue with Hutchison for starters then... Which issues? Sleeve length, neckline and chest size covers the majority of the shirt, given they can't complain about the sponsor being embossed I'd wager that pretty much sums it up. Perhaps the badge (you'll disect this as not being properly embroidered nae doubt) gives big Sutton a nipple rash?

At least our first team jerseys are individual...

Which issues? Sleeve length, neckline and chest size covers the majority of the shirt, given they can't complain about the sponsor being embossed I'd wager that pretty much sums it up. Perhaps the badge (you'll disect this as not being properly embroidered nae doubt) gives big Sutton a nipple rash?

At least our first team jerseys are individual...

In the past, match worn shirts would have a different spec to the ones on sale to the general public. This probably only happens at the big clubs now, although I am not party to how Genesis Sports/Provan produce our first team tops.

You mentioned that our sponsor is embossed, I hadn't realised this. The last embossed sponsors logo that I can remember was on the Pony Motorola shirts (see pic). In saying that, I don't buy shirts so there may have been others. Usually these days the sponsors logo is either printed on or heat transferred.

2rhvg5g.jpg

I have to admit that I do favour a properly embroidered badge, however the players comfort comes first, and if nipple rash is an issue the badge should be printed on to the shirt, not stitched.

The kit contract is up at the end of the season and we will just need to wait to see if Genesis sign up for a few more years. However if what you say is correct, these niggling problems may force the kit man and Provan to seek pastures new.

Perhaps the badge (you'll disect this as not being properly embroidered nae doubt) gives big Sutton a nipple rash?

The badge on this year's shirts is higher up, so actually sits well above the nipple for a nice, chafe-free experience! blum3.gif

Bought the home shirt on Saturday and I definitely agree about the neckline though. It's very tight and I can barely fit my oversized noggin through it.

As far as i know the dont we buy replicas and the official tops are more expensive with better designs and some fancy feature but could be wrong

I think Canterbury were the last ones to offer the team a different quality jersey. I've collected match worn tops for years and the quality of them has gone steadily downhill to the extent the players just wear replicas these days. Makes collecting them a waste of time as so many folk get all the badges, names and numbers done then try to pass them off as the real thing. With the better quality previously you could tell a player issue jersey a mile away, no difference now sadly.

I think Canterbury were the last ones to offer the team a different quality jersey. I've collected match worn tops for years and the quality of them has gone steadily downhill to the extent the players just wear replicas these days. Makes collecting them a waste of time as so many folk get all the badges, names and numbers done then try to pass them off as the real thing. With the better quality previously you could tell a player issue jersey a mile away, no difference now sadly.

Are the player issue names and numbers not larger than the ones you can order?

I remember seeing a photo of 'Flow and Jim Hamilton both with number 16 tops on and the numbers were noticably different in size.

One thing I've found strange this season is the white numbers on white shorts - you can barely notice them unless the player is relatively close!!