Motherwell V Celtic 28/04/13

myteam

Charlie Mulgrew now on sky sports rattling on about no celtic players getting nominated for poty awards. Yet we are still gonnae make an utter c**t of ourselves as a club and applaud this vermin onto the pitch.

Shame on you MFC

Eh? Fuck Mulgrew & Celtic but making an utter c**t of ourselves as a club? Shame on MFC?

Don't really get that I'm afraid.

Only following a precedent that has been set previously. Would be quite happy for the whole guard of honour nonsense to be scrapped but by not doing it we would be the 1s looking bad.

• Like 1

The fans can do what they like but it would seem that it's now expected of teams to do this. So the players line up, provide some polite insincere applause and we are done.

Let's face it if we don't then we are tarred with the same brush as them, deservedly or not. However, as long as the players line up, go thru the motions then we can hold our heads high and are not drawn in to petty squabbles and no one can point fingers at us.

It's not about what Celtic deserve or don't desrve, it's about MFC being above petty squabbling.

Leave that to Celtic and Lennon, it's what they do best.

Any chat about the game? Fancied us strongly until Lennon's rant.

If we can show the same determination and belief as last time then we will hopefully run them close. Not sure what Celtic players are on holiday but I'd be tempted to bring in Carswell for Humphrey just to tighten things up a wee bit in the midfield.

3 points would be the icing on the cake to a tremendous season. 'Mon the 'Well...

There are a couple of things that could change the dynamic such as Lobey says, Lennon's rant. How much additional motivation that might give them, or whether our Guard of Honour thing might take any of the steam out of it, who knows?

The Celtic supporting windae cleaner - who I must admit takes my abuse of his team in good fun every time - suggested they might throw some fringe players in now the League has been won. He reckoned towards the end of last season some of Lennon's selections were dictated by getting players to the magic number to the entitle them to a winners medal and it wouldn't surprise him if he did this time too.

If that's the case again the fringe players one can go both ways. When Lennon rested some of his first choice players last time out we took advantage - Randolph didn't have a save to make for an hour, but go back a year and you've Tony Watt coming off the bench to score twice two or three minutes. So again a difficult one to call.

All we can really do is take care of ourselves, try to get them on the back foot as we did so well in February and see how we go.

1367047771[/url]' post='380618']

Everything is pointing to us not losing.

Which means we will. There is far too much optimism on this thread, especially ahead of a game against Celtic, a side who are head and shoulders above us and the rest of the league. We only ever get a result against Celtic when the support least expects us, like the last time.

We will lose tomorrow, count on it.

We might well lose tomorrow, it wouldn't be a complete surprise, but this Motherwell team have more grit and determination about them than I can remember seeing from a Well side since I don't know when. It has been fantastic to watch.

If anything Lennon's embarrassing arrogant rant may well motivate the Motherwell players more than the Celtic players whom I believe probably didn't give their omission from the awards shortlist a second thought till green teeth started spouting his deluded keech. I'm pretty confident the Motherwell players would've been up for this game anyway.

You've got to imagine every player and manager in the country must be shaking their heads at the latest ramblings coming out of Parkhead. I honestly think Lennon has mental health issues.

It would be especially sweet to sicken them tomorrow .

• Like 1

Which means we will. There is far too much optimism on this thread, especially ahead of a game against Celtic, a side who are head and shoulders above us and the rest of the league. We only ever get a result against Celtic when the support least expects us, like the last time.

We will lose tomorrow, count on it.

Obviously the irony I was aiming for was lost. I think we'll get beat as well. 2-4.

Don't agree with the comments about us being fired up. No point in getting fired up in the dressing room about the lurgan bigots comments, then go and applaud his team onto the park.

We will applaud them on, they will beat us and they will then go and boycott the poty awards and laugh in our faces because we've made a c**t of ourselves again.

• Like 1

That win for St Johnstone today means a win tomorrow would seal 2nd place.

What better way to clinch it than beating them live on TV? The boys should be well up for it.

3-1 to Super Well thumbup.gif

We can clinch a Europa League place with a win tomorrow but we will still need a point at ICT to clinch 2nd, albeit our goal difference is +10 on ICT so we would be in a very strong position.

Have to say, reading Mulgrew, McNeill, and Hartson in the paper this morning my position on the applauding is softening/hardening.

I always hoped we would pump them tomorrow but I would really really love it now. Im sure the players will be similarly motivated. Particularly our useless big lump of a post war record holder.

Lets get intae thum!

Games at this end of the season are difficult to predict. Will Celtic be really going for it? What kind of team will they put out? If they use fringe players will they play out their skin or will their lack of games show?

There's a lot of variables.

Hopefully, our boys put in a performance and whatever the result I'll be happy.

Would be delighted with a win tomorrow , but even a point makes it difficult for anyone to catch us with 3 games to go , so would settle for that .

Think that would leave ICT requiring a minimum of 2 wins and a draw, with a goal difference swing of +9 and us to lose all 3 in order for them to pip us , so happy with that .

With that scenario in mind a 2-2 with Higgy scoring a brace and celebrating in front of Lemons dugout would do me fine !

Would be delighted with a win tomorrow , but even a point makes it difficult for anyone to catch us with 3 games to go , so would settle for that .

Think that would leave ICT requiring a minimum of 2 wins and a draw, with a goal difference swing of +9 and us to lose all 3 in order for them to pip us , so happy with that .

With that scenario in mind a 2-2 with Higgy scoring a brace and celebrating in front of Lemons dugout would do me fine !

He wont be in it.

We could lose or last 4 games & still finish 2nd because the teams below us keep cutting each others throats. Obviously id like us to clinch 2nd on our own merits & preferably against Celtic but i think 2nd is already in the bag.

Fully agree, 2nd place is in the bag.

He does....

http://www.telegraph...depression.html

Not something to mock (i know that wasnt your intention).

He's a bitter n twisted little fukker, and is something we in this country could do well without. He breads hatred amongst his own, and others - as was witnessed last season. His comments in recent days have brought the game into disrepute, and is yet a further exampe of his lack of respect for anyone outside the PikeyBowl, and deliberate reluctance to shut his puss when his puss should be shut.

In any other business he would have been shown the door for his disciplinary issues - but he's "one of their own", so no joy for us there then.