St Mirren Game On Thursday

East_Stand_Al

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spineless gutless useless shower. :( . David Clarkson in the Scotland team? :( .We've proved tonight that although our pitch isn't great we cant play on ANY pitch in PERFECT conditions. Im appalled and embaressed by that pish in front of a another good support. We were powderpuff throughout the WHOLE game and thouroughly deserved NOTHING! I know we'll get people posting how UNLUCKY??? We were but quite frankly players like Clarkson whose 2nd touch was a tackle all night and Fitzpatrick who almost had 100% failure in passing to ANY Motherwell player have let themselves the club and US the fans down. Our season will now fizzle out as we wont make the top 6 either and im FECKIN GUTTED. :( . The Scotland fan in me is saying NO WAY SHOULD CLARKY BE PLAYING FOR SCOTLAND!

Pretty gutted at way we've went out.

It was a poor game and neither side looked clever, Mehmet was a bit of a handful but thought we'd largely dealt with him. Then as we were looking a bit more likely Clarkson with an absolute howling pass leaves us exposed to a counter. To be fair he could have put in a dangerous ball and it could have been knocked clear and we could still have been hit on the counter but it was just such a dreadful dreadful effort. Then Craigan does the hold yer hand up and look for offside rather than trying to stick with Mehmet as he just seemed to totally lose where he was and their in with only real chance of the game.

Yet again we arse it up in the cup to a poor team and make no mistake they were poor. Not to say we were much better, despite threatening to play some nice stuff we contrived to arse it, over complicate it or dither in the final 3rd.

Clarkson and Sheridan seemed to almost instantly click on Sheridans debut but since then we look like we need a lot of work there. Clarkson had a glorious chance to slip in I think Sheridan, it may have been O'Brien on the right when he shaped to have a shot and then tried the pass to late when whoever it was was no longer expecting it. Things like that are so frustrating.

Ah well, lets hope we can get 5th place in league and a final between rangers/celtic/aberdeen who seem likely to be in the top 4.

Spineless gutless useless shower. :( . David Clarkson in the Scotland team? :( .We've proved tonight that although our pitch isn't great we cant play on ANY pitch in PERFECT conditions. Im appalled and embaressed by that pish in front of a another good support. We were powderpuff throughout the WHOLE game and thouroughly deserved NOTHING! I know we'll get people posting how UNLUCKY??? We were but quite frankly players like Clarkson whose 2nd touch was a tackle all night and Fitzpatrick who almost had 100% failure in passing to ANY Motherwell player have let themselves the club and US the fans down. Our season will now fizzle out as we wont make the top 6 either and im FECKIN GUTTED. :( . The Scotland fan in me is saying NO WAY SHOULD CLARKY BE PLAYING FOR SCOTLAND!

I hate to have a go at the team, but I agree entirely with the comments above. Could not make the match tonite cos I was down south on business. Quite frankly I am the lucky one. I caught most of the game in a pub and it was abject and appalling.

Clarkson - I had hopes that he was turning the corner. You know the phrase one step forward - two steps back. Well that about sums him up. All night his control and passing was dire. 5 minutes to go and he has the ball outside the St Mirren box under NO pressure and passes straight to a St Mirren player :( They go up the park and it has to be said Craggs should never have tried to play offside. The fact he did was more to do with what went before.

A brutal brutal game. The players deserve a rollicking. I don't expect us to win any or every game but I would like some effort and no little skill with the players we have. We got little of both tonite.

Kiss goodbye to £250k MWELL :(

Pissed off with the result!!

With the way we have been playing, all the hype in the press from McGhee, etc, I really thought we were gonna produce the goods tonight and possibly even get by Celtic in the next round.

My foolish fault for having that belief as we crash out to a lesser team in the Scottish Cup yet again!!

I put a priority on a good cup run over third spot this year as it is way overdue, and I'm angry that the players have let us fans down again...

The performance simply wasn't good enough for the full 90mins, and it had the final result written all over it after the first 5mins of the second half.

We had a home draw against St Mirren, the manager played 4-5-1.

We drew 1 - 1.

We gave away the advantage of playing at home, lost the replay away.

The managers tactics in the first game are to blame.

Can anyone defend those tactics?????????????????

We had a home draw against St Mirren, the manager played 4-5-1.

We drew 1 - 1.

We gave away the advantage of playing at home, lost the replay away.

The managers tactics in the first game are to blame.

Can anyone defend those tactics?????????????????

Excuse me dontcha know the formation was a 4-3-3. He has made that perfectly clear all along. The fact no-one believes him is an entirely other matter ;)

McGhee talked about us looking forward to playing on a decent surface - well if thats the best we can do on a good surface why bother working on the Fir Park pitch.

Can't believe how bad we were tonight. Total lack of skill and craft. And for our so called international Captain to be playing offside 3 minutes to go is beyond belief. You would have thought a little bit if his experience would have told him to follow the player but no - he sticks his arm up and hopes for the best.

And don't get me started on Clarkson. Gash all night and he gives the ball away in their penalty box when under no pressure. From that they play the ball up front, Craigan claims for a non existent offside and we're out the Cup.

In future we should just avoid entering the Cup because we always give out supprters false hope that we might actually do something.

It looked from early on that one goal was going to be enough to win and unfortunately for us it fell to them. Admittedly ofcourse we actually went some way to helping them get it, but there you go.

It does feel like an opportunity lost given the first half of the first game, the fact we've gone there and there's been nothing much between the teams tonight and given the prize that awaited in the Quarters.

Wasn't for the want of trying but nothing much came off at all. We always seemed to make the wrong decision and take the wrong option when we got anywhere near their box.

Its disappointing but I'm not going to go overboard in my criticism. Its hardly embarrassing as some have put it going out to another SPL team and it was hardly defensive starting with two up front and having two attacking wide players for the last 25 minutes.

We didn't play well, it's shite, its frustrating but it happens.

Just back in.

Well that was absolutely utterly fucking atrocious from start to finish. And with a very decent travelling support given nothing to get excited about.

Once again we go out the cup to beatable opposition without even so much as a whimper. Should we have expected any better though? We have only beat St Mirren 3 times in a whopping 14 attempts!!!!

Our cup exits now are the stuff nightmares are made of. St Mirren, 1st Div Dundee, 1st Div St Johnstone, 1st Div St Mirren, 1st Div ICT. Fucking embarrassing.

I don't know if I'd give pass marks to any players tonight and although he in no shape or form cost us the game, Fitzy offers nothing whatsoever. He should be nowhere near our starting 11 ever again. Subs were brought on far too late.

I'm glad McGhee (on the BBC) acknowledges that we were pish tonight as anything else would enraged me a great deal.

On a excellent pitch (the only decent thing about that shite soul less tin can monstrosity of a ground) aswell, so there's the theory OUR pitch is holding us back out the window.

We have been on an excellent run to be fair, but that tonight was totally insipid, spineless, gutless and any other adjective you care to throw in there.