Pfa Team Of The Year

Brazilian

4 'Well stars made the PFA team of the year

Randolph

Hutchinson

Law

Higdon

Quite an achievement and great recognition from their fellow pro's

SPL Team of the Year: Darren Randolph; Adam Matthews, Shaun Hutchinson, Kelvin Wilson, Charlie Mulgrew; Victor Wanyama, Nicky Law, Andrew Shinnie; Niall McGinn, Michael Higdon, Leigh Griffiths.

[\quote]

Was going to say I was surprised about Hutchinson but then you go throught the other teams and it would be difficult to identify another centre half who had a better season.

The other 3 were stick ons.

Great recognition for a great season.

Surprised hutchy is included, actually think he's not been great this season, very rash at times and has cost a fair few goals. Been better in previous seasons and never been mentioned. Also, Randolph (who is the best keeper in the league and has been since he came in my opinion) has the fewest clean sheets out of any regular keeper in the SPL, only 5! He's had many more in previous seasons and never been quoted.

Clean sheets aren't a reflection of how good a keeper has been. That would mean discounting 3, 4, 5 top drawer saves in a game just because the other team had scored a goal?

The whole team are responsible for conceding goals. From what I've seen (admittedly far less than others) Randolph has rarely been culpable for any of the goals we've conceded. On the other hand, he has made numerous top-drawer saves to keep our goals against column a lot lower than it arguably should have been.

Randolph is going to be a ridiculously big loss for us next season. How many points has he single-handedly saved for us this season? I'd wager a lot more than he's given credit for.

Think a few are taking the Lennon approach and forgetting who is voting

I'm not surprised Hutchinson is included, its been voted for by fellow pro's, and when filling out a voting sheet they are going to skim though the lists of players and spot the most competitive they play against.

sure he's had some off moments, but over the course, the vast majority of teams playing against him, will have seen that he'll run through a brick wall for his team mates, never give up, be on the offensive at set pieces etc

if he had had a settled successful partner from earlier in the season it could have been an even better season :blink:

• Like 1

im think a few strikers mustve been thinking who theyve not liked playing against this season - who hasnt given them a sniff at goal

he hasn't been consistently brilliant - but he has had a very very good season

the other 3 as mentioned, were rightly in there - although i am surprised Commons never made it in there - maybe because the TOY has to consist of the 4 nominees, there was just no space for him

delighted for them all - and as they saym, its nice to get the recognition from your fellow pros

when is the Manager of the Year announced? And when is the Writers team of the year announced? We all know what that will consist of!!

Hutchinson has been immense this season for someone so young. Also he has not had an old head next to him for over a season and a half - he has had to learn on his own.

The boy will be an EPL player in the next two years and I would not be surprised to see him pull on an England strip.

Hutchinson has been immense this season for someone so young. Also he has not had an old head next to him for over a season and a half - he has had to learn on his own.

The boy will be an EPL player in the next two years and I would not be surprised to see him pull on an England strip.

I agree with your second paragraph. Just felt he had been left exposed a few times this season causing him to make some rash decisions. Not his fault. He is learning as you say. I guess my surprise was that I felt he had been better last season. But then he was playing alongside a couple of older heads. No surprise that he has settled down now that Ramsden has had a run and is now looking more solid. Looking at it from the other angle though, I can see why strikers would vote for him. You would know youd been in a game.

when is the Manager of the Year announced? And when is the Writers team of the year announced? We all know what that will consist of!!

It's this Sunday, I think.

Surprised hutchy is included, actually think he's not been great this season, very rash at times and has cost a fair few goals. Been better in previous seasons and never been mentioned. Also, Randolph (who is the best keeper in the league and has been since he came in my opinion) has the fewest clean sheets out of any regular keeper in the SPL, only 5! He's had many more in previous seasons and never been quoted.

Randolph has made more saves in the SPL than any other keeper (double digits more - around 30 I think), almost 80 more than England call up Forster, his only real opposition for best keeper. He also has one of, if not the nest goals to save ratios in the league.

Totally agree with all of the above. Sure, he's made mistakes this season, as a young player is likely to do. However, I think he's shown an incredible amount of maturity in his game this year and has really stepped up to the responsibility of being our main central defender. Just look at how he did on Sunday after being booked in the first few minutes. I thought he'd be a shoe-in for a red card, but he kept his head, concentrated and still made some crunching tackles throughout the game, something a lot of more experienced players would have struggled to do.