Inverness Ct V Motherwell: Star Wars Day

ropy

I thought a red card of any sorts would automatically result in being suspended for the next game?

It does.

Not quite true, you would be automatically suspended for the next game in that tournament unless it is a straight red for violent conduct, then it is for the next game no matter the tournament.

Who were the c***s abusing Faddy?

Not our own fans surely?

Was working today, had MFC TV commentary on in background.

Sounded like we were pretty poor 1st half, but much improved 2nd.

Jumped out my chair when we got the equaliser, really thought we would go on & win it after that, red card put paid to that unfortunately.

Anyway, after being 3 down to only have the GD reduced by 2 isn't as bad as it could've been. Hopefully go out & get a few goals & 3pts against County next week & get 2nd in the bag for definite in style.

Was listening on the radio and it sounded like a total cracker. Nothing to grumble about really. All our games recently with ict have been goal feasts, with us always coming out on top. Not suprised at all with this result. Inverness were due a result against us.

The main thing is we are scoring for fun. Ross county have a poor away record and we will have the fans shouting us over the finish line.

Even if we lose I still think we have second in the bag as I can't see our 10 goal cushion being over turned.

A defeat is a defeat and there is nothing to take from it. It doesn't matter a jot who scores for you if you end up losing.

There was a lot to take from that one. At 1500 our goal difference was 12 better than theirs, at 1530 it was 6 better than theirs and at 1650 it was 10 better than theirs. So whilst the defending was cavalier in the first half, the positive attitude and will to keep going actually meant we did not suffer any more. Dundee Utd seem to have downed tools so had we gone on and lost 5-0 today and our goal difference would only have been 2 better than them, by the time we play Ross County they could have been only three points behind with better goal difference. So considering where we were at 1530 that was a super result.

Does anyone think the wind played a part, 5 goals up the one end?

Yes. Definitely. Don't think it played a part in any of the actual goals but it did play a part in that defenders from either team were struggling to clear it and the game ended up being played down that end and when the pressue is continuous that is when mistakes are made. Don't think it is a huge coincidence that Inverness won the toss and turned themselves as they probably fancied themselves to defend a lead rather than chase one down.

Don't think Collum got much wrong in that game at all. In fact the only complaint I maybe have is that there was an obvious handball in their fourth goal but since he doesn't have the ability to see through players and it was on the blind side of the assistant too I really can't blame them for not seeing it but from behind the goal it was blatant.

Ojamaa's second yellow happens, genuine attempt to win the ball ends up upending the player who got between him and the ball. As McCall said on the radio, some referees may have not booked him for it but I don't think you can criticise a referee for doing it. But it is a complete non discussion point if he hadn't taken a tumble earlier on. Judging by the tone in McCall's voice I don't think he was a happy manager at all, and I think Ojamaa may be taking home a smaller than normal, if any, pay this week.

Got to say, although we lost I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Even at 3-0 I didn't think we were out of it but they did have a couple of chances for 4 and I think that could have been terminal.

• Like 1

On the radio they didnt think it was a dive.

Although he is prone to it, and that can lead to getting booked when you haven't . I think Gareth bale has been "victim" to this a couple of times.

McCall said he admitted to him it was a dive.

Finally home after breaking down just outside Whitburn. Poor first half but much better in the second half. For there winner I though faddy got took out on the half way line and the guy handled the ball before putting it in. Maybe it is just me that thought that.

Who were the c***s abusing Faddy?

i was shouting at faddy. he was shocking in the first half and looked like he couldn't be arsed, he gave the ball away 8 or 9 times in a row going for daft nut megs.

the guy who grabbed my jacket 3 times after their 3rd goal and tried to punch me when faddy scored - who i never laid a finger on - can send me a pm to apologize and i'll forget about it.

I knew that you'd be involved.

Thought you'd have learned after higgy

The guy owes you fuck all apology

good editing.

mcfadden was a disgrace for the first 45 zero effort. there are too many people on here and in our support who think the players are their pals. they are all getting paid good money and if they aren't trying a leg they deserve to hear it.

it's up to him if he apologises or not. i would if i was grabbing and throwing punches.

It's just good to get your repulsive behaviour out there.

Do us all a favour and follow junior football next season

'repulsive behavior' for shouting at players ripping the pish out of fans who had travelled hundreds of miles and paid a fortune to watch them?

very good. you keep on being obsessed with sevco and i'll continue going to motherwell.

• Like 1

Don't think Collum got much wrong in that game at all. In fact the only complaint I maybe have is that there was an obvious handball in their fourth goal but since he doesn't have the ability to see through players and it was on the blind side of the assistant too I really can't blame them for not seeing it but from behind the goal it was blatant.

Listening to MFC TV you'd think it was the worst refereeing performance of all time!

Steelboy have you ever thought that maybe when players lose the ball they do it because they are trying something? Be it creating space or trying to get by a man. McFaddens game is running at players and this means he will lose the ball more than a player like lasley.

So on that basis shouting at a player who has propelled us into playing some of the best football I have ever seen us play....well it makes you sound like a bit of a dick.

• Like 6

i was shouting at faddy. he was shocking in the first half and looked like he couldn't be arsed, he gave the ball away 8 or 9 times in a row going for daft nut megs.

the guy who grabbed my jacket 3 times after their 3rd goal and tried to punch me when faddy scored - who i never laid a finger on - can send me a pm to apologize and i'll forget about it.

You don't have ginger hair do you? Was that you sitting with the old boy and a fairly fat guy?

Steelboy have you ever thought that maybe when players lose the ball they do it because they are trying something? Be it creating space or trying to get by a man. McFaddens game is running at players and this means he will lose the ball more than a player like lasley.

So on that basis shouting at a player who has propelled us into playing some of the best football I have ever seen us play....well it makes you sound like a bit of a dick.

at the game i thought his commitment was poor up until he scored. i think if anyone was to look back on his contribution they would agree, a player (especially an international) losing the ball 8 times in a row isn't normal. he wasn't the only one and i think the superb football the team played in the second half proved there was something seriously wrong in the first 45.

it might make me look like a dick but i've heard plenty of fans disagree with my own opinion over the years without trying to hit them.