Well V Ross County

Welldaft Mk1

Q is - will the club offer reduced entry for our last home game of the season?

I know it annoys a few season ticket holders, but as one I would rather we try to ensure a large vociferous home support. Said it last year, but more so for this season, this team have performed well above any bodies expectations. And we know for certain that Randolph, Law, Humphreys and probably Faddy, Higgy will depart.

I would go as far as making it a £5 or £10 at most. Would love the supporters to turn out en masse. Most who do not turn up cite cost as the primary reason. £5 would help make that argument less relevant.

As for the game. I hope we get the point we need. Losing last year to Dundee Utd did not detract from a great season, but did put a wee damper on celebrations.

• Like 1

Totally agree as a season ticket holder myself it doesnt bother me if the club reduce prices for a few important games a season to attract a bigger crowd. I would rather sit in a crowd of 10k than 5k also the knock on effect to the support the team cant be a bad thing and if it attracts a few more floating fans back to the games on a regular basis all the better.

They are giving free tickets to kids for the South Stand via schools, BB's, MFC community teams etc.

I believe they are also giving tickets so that adults can supervise.

(I assume county fans will be in end of POD stand?)

Once again, proving they are a family and community club. Well done MFC

• Like 1

A few obvious options for McCall to shuffle the pack for this one.

Bob mchugh straight in for Ojamma.

McFadden up with higdon and Higginbotham out wide.

Carswell in, law out wide, faddy up front.

Or maybe he'll do something different? ZFA?

I'd give Mchugh a start I think, as higginbotham will be going back to Huddersfield.

I'd say who of Higginbotham and McHugh starts is down to if he is going to make any attempt to sign Higginbotham. If he's not then it would make sense to give Bob McHugh a game, who will be here next year.

I'd say who of Higginbotham and McHugh starts is down to if he is going to make any attempt to sign Higginbotham. If he's not then it would make sense to give Bob McHugh a game, who will be here next year.

Yes.

McCall may go with carswell though.

:lol:

Ojamaa will be a massive loss for us, his form over the last three or four games is as good as it's been since he's been at the club. His all round game looked like it was really coming together and he was even adding a few goals. I watched the highlights against ICT and he was involved in everything we did.

- 1st goal he teed up McFadden

- 2nd goal he won the penalty

- 3rd goal he played in McFadden

- He also put the game on a plate for Nicky Law after a good run only for Law to blaze over a glorious chance.

Then he stupidly got himself sent off.

Point being that's a big creative part of our team gone and with no disrespect I don't think you can replace it with Boab. McHugh's a hard worker and seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time and in time might develop into a decent SPL striker but he doesn't offer anywhere near the creativity or craft that Ojamaa does.

For that reason I'd be looking at putting Faddy more central to give him more creative licence to hopefully get the best out of him in a position I think he'd thrive in and putting Higginbotham wide left. Since he's arrived I've been desperate to get Faddy shifted from wide left. No doubt he does a good job and it would have been difficult to drop the impressive Ojamaa from his more central role, however I think Faddy's best position is the 'number 10' role behind the main striker and I would love to see him have a crack at it on Sunday. Less defensive responsibilities, not being stuck out on the wing and instead get him on the ball in the final third in the gaps between midfield and defence where he can do real damage.

Would really like to see Faddy and Higgy start up top together, but it'd make sense to go with McHugh as he will be here next year and it'd be good for him to get a run out.

3-0 Motherwell, Higdon with 2 and Faddy with a late goal to sign off a great 2nd term.

• Like 1

right now I would settle for that elusive 1 point we need to secure 2nd which after being 2nd for so long, we deserve. is henrik missing this game or the st. j game? we will miss his creativity whichever one it is. will predict with my heart & go for 4-2 the ,well :thumbup:

Perhaps worth keeping in mind that whilst on the face of it quite an intriguing match lies ahead what with a point still required to mathematically make second certain for us and County not yet ruled out of the European running; by the time the game actually comes around Sunday things will have changed.

Putting on one's "for the good of Scottish football" cap for a second the battle for this last European place has got the potential to be a bloody exciting finish.

First on the agenda is St Johnstone's visit to Parkhead on Saturday lunch time. Saints are three points and three goals better off currently than County. A hiding against Celtic though will have surely give Inverness a boost ahead of their game against Dundee Utd but if their goal difference takes a hit Saints will also then be in County's sights.

Next is Inverness against United at proper kick-off-time o'clock, which ofcourse is where things start to get more interesting still for ourselves. By 5 o'clock we'll either have second in the bag by virtue of Inverness dropping points or if Inverness do take full points from the Arabs then that'll end County's European aspirations.

So we may well be faced with a scenario where if both St Johnstone and Inverness fail to win then County are going to be coming at us all guns blazing in the knowledge that a win will take it to the final day for them. That could make it a more meaningful and exciting game if we respond in kind, or if we have a job done mentality could increase the potential for a negative outcome, which I think nobody wants on the last home game of such a successful season.

The flip side to that is that an Inverness win by a few goals means the currently distant but still slightly nagging doubt about our own situation may make things altogether more nervy. Now personally I think they've blown their chance. 3-0 up after half an hour on Saturday was really the time to scare us shitless but they blew that to an extent albeit they took the three points.

But if they do happen to get a few ahead of United, who won't have the same ability or even urgency to respond as perhaps we had and we then have to go to Perth to play a team who will also be going all out to win, then there does remain the potential for some concern on the final day.

So what do you think? Caley to drop points on Saturday so that its in the bag but with the consequence of facing two teams who need to go all out to get a win. Or Caley to win on Saturday where it puts, however slight, that little bit more of an onus to go and get at least a point against Ross County?

As I say a pretty exciting finale!

Would settle for a point to get 2nd place sewn up.

2-0 and 3-0 defeats for us and wins by the same scoreline for ICT in the last 2 games would cancel out the goal difference and leave us level on points.

Surely that isn't going to happen?!