Well V Ross County

Welldaft Mk1

Maybe not the best game of the season but the team did the business, great win and two cracking goals!

As for the kids in the south stand, the club should look to do this a couple of times a season out with the winter months as they must have made some cash from the food kiosks as they were mobbed and it took my wife 45 min to get served - on the plus side it kept her occupied and let me watch the game whistling.gif

Maybe not the best game of the season but the team did the business, great win and two cracking goals!

As for the kids in the south stand, the club should look to do this a couple of times a season out with the winter months as they must have made some cash from the food kiosks as they were mobbed and it took my wife 45 min to get served - on the plus side it kept her occupied and let me watch the game whistling.gif

Were you able to pay to get into the south?

1368385323[/url]' post='382341']

What was the deal, was it free tickets for parents and children?

Won that at a canter to be honest, didn't have to get out of 2nd gear.

Almost my very words afterwards, the very epitome of winning without really trying too hard. If County had scored I suspect we'd probably just have scored again. Sign of a good team :thumbup:

Hutch was top notch again too, and Hammy kept Sproule very quiet despite giving away quite a bit of pace.

As far as I know it was free.

My youngest daughter got 4 tickets so we all went along. Normally I'm in the POD with my season ticket but it was not a bad day out and even the wife said we should go as a family again a couple of times next season, so the clubs plan of giving out freebies to kids in the hope of getting folk to come back as paying customers has worked with us.

Wee boys bouncing in the South Stand was the highlight for me, will they come back?

That was brilliant. The "Stuart McCall's / Well Army" chant-off with the south stand kids vs east end section was class, well done to all that got involved.

Got a bit video'd, will try and post a link later.

Just brilliant watching the two choirs in that corner of the ground, especially as more and more youngsters went across to join with the group on the South Stand. Brings back the memories of me doing the same in the East Stand 39 years ago and how this got me hooked.

Well done to all at Fir Park for this initiative. :thumbup:

Numpty: hope you enjoyed today's visit to Fir Park.

The two choirs were great to see! And a big fuck you to the steward who waded in after they started up - what a jobsworth!

As a few others have said, won at a canter today and it had the air of a pre-season friendly. Humphrey was great in the first half but faded slightly in the second - although not sufficiently to justify the abuse the two warmers behind me were giving him later in the game.

Ramsden as well stood out - solid and put in a few well timed challenges. Higginbotham showed just enough to perhaps justify some interest from our side in him next season, and Carswell finally looks like he's ready to step up to more regular first team games. Looks like he's bulked up a bit too which is a good thing.

A few folk talking about Vigurs to us for next season - any news about this?

All in all a good performance - great to see Higgy, Law and Randolph get the send off they deserved. Part of the best 'Well side I've seen in the past 10 years.

Just brilliant watching the two choirs in that corner of the ground, especially as more and more youngsters went across to join with the group on the South Stand. Brings back the memories of me doing the same in the East Stand 39 years ago and how this got me hooked.

Well done to all at Fir Park for this initiative. :thumbup:

Seconded. Probably my abiding memory of the game.

And a big fuck you to the steward who waded in after they started up - what a jobsworth!

From the middle of the East Stand it seemed like he was just removing an offensive weapon in the form of a bamboo cane! Thankfully the stewards then left the choirs to enjoy themselves.

Was working today so missed the game, but saw last 30 mins on Alba and the Omar Daley one love banner :doh:

A few questions.......who was the sub goalie? what are the gifts presented to supporters on official site all about?

Had another look - so maybe awards to the players then :blush:

Was working today so missed the game, but saw last 30 mins on Alba and the Omar Daley one love banner :doh:

A few questions.......who was the sub goalie? what are the gifts presented to supporters on official site all about?

Had another look - so maybe awards to the players then :blush:

Probably the supporter associations player/young player of year awards to players?

It was a good day. A little sad too, but a good day.

I was fairly certain that we were going to have a right battle on our hands and whilst County perhaps had most of the ball, they never really converted that pressure into chances. In contrast we were clinical when we had to be.

Great to finish off the last game at Fir Park with a win and a clean sheet for Randy too.

The subbing of Law and Randolph for a send off was a nice touch. Kind of expected for Nicky, Randy a little less so. Higgy going off though...hmmm.... that immediately made he wonder if perhaps a decision had been made about his future that we weren't as yet privy too. Kind of feared the worst there.

It was all the off the park stuff that will live long in the memory. I think the singing back and forward between the 'Well Bois and the South Stand was just brilliant. To see hundreds of weans all piling into that section to get involved, and then other kids all over the stadium joining in with the hand clapping as well was tremendous. I really hope some of them have had their imagination captured today and will come back for more.

Nice lap of honour that really got going when the team got the 'Well Bois section. That a was brilliant touch by the players to get involved for some photo opportunities and to see Higgy joining in with SIWY - absolutely cracking.

It was a good day. A little sad too, but a good day.

I was fairly certain that we were going to have a right battle on our hands and whilst County perhaps had most of the ball, they never really converted that pressure into chances. In contrast we were clinical when we had to be.

Great to finish off the last game at Fir Park with a win and a clean sheet for Randy too.

The subbing of Law and Randolph for a send off was a nice touch. Kind of expected for Nicky, Randy a little less so. Higgy going off though...hmmm.... that immediately made he wonder if perhaps a decision had been made about his future that we weren't as yet privy too. Kind of feared the worst there.

It was all the off the park stuff that will live long in the memory. I think the singing back and forward between the 'Well Bois and the South Stand was just brilliant. To see hundreds of weans all piling into that section to get involved, and then other kids all over the stadium joining in with the hand clapping as well was tremendous. I really hope some of them have had their imagination captured today and will come back for more.

Nice lap of honour that really got going when the team got the 'Well Bois section. That a was brilliant touch by the players to get involved for some photo opportunities and to see Higgy joining in with SIWY - absolutely cracking.

i thought the same. you would think faddy would be subbed off instead since he is defo off so im guessing a decision has been made. or i could be completly off the mark, we shall see

Wee guy coming on to the park during the pitch invasion with the nicked corner flag waving it about was funny as fuck.

2 choirs as others have said was class, took some videos as well which I will try to post when I get a chance.

Not ashamed to say that I had a tear in my eye as the guys that are leaving did their lap of honour at the end. Thought McCall handled the timing of the substitutions brilliantly.

Struggling to remember a better season being a well fan in terms of quality of play, players at our disposal, and being the second best team in the league by a mile.

Good times.

In his post match, McCall said he took Higgy off because he didn't look like he was going to score today.

How accurate that is, of course, is up for debate.

He says something like...

It wasn't the case for him to say farewell

sounds pretty much like he's sure he'll still be here next season.

A message from Motherwell...

Folks,

At the end of the game today, as Darren had gone off, he left his towel in the goal. Unfortunately,from the BBC Alba footage of the match, we can see someone (with a green hooded top) picks it up and takes it away whilst walking back off the pitch into the South Stand.

It might not seem like much, but the club would really like it back. It holds sentimental significance to people at the club as it has the number 10 on it, along with Phil O'Donnell's embroidered signature.

It has been at the club since Phil passed away and has gone to every single match since. We don't want to make a big deal of the person taking it, we just really want it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.