Well V Ross County

Welldaft Mk1

Numpty: hope you enjoyed today's visit to Fir Park.

First game I've been over to in a few years that we've actually won, so aye :) Might even be the first Faddy goal in claret and amber that I've witnessed first hand (couldn't swear to it though, I'm getting old), so that was a bonus!

A message from Motherwell...

Folks,

At the end of the game today, as Darren had gone off, he left his towel in the goal. Unfortunately,from the BBC Alba footage of the match, we can see someone (with a green hooded top) picks it up and takes it away whilst walking back off the pitch into the South Stand.

It might not seem like much, but the club would really like it back. It holds sentimental significance to people at the club as it has the number 10 on it, along with Phil O'Donnell's embroidered signature.

It has been at the club since Phil passed away and has gone to every single match since. We don't want to make a big deal of the person taking it, we just really want it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's all sorted now...

• Like 1

The subbing of Law and Randolph for a send off was a nice touch. Kind of expected for Nicky, Randy a little less so. Higgy going off though...hmmm.... that immediately made he wonder if perhaps a decision had been made about his future that we weren't as yet privy too. Kind of feared the worst there.

I said that at the time too - I definitely thought Higgy looked like a man saying farewell when subbed - hope I am wrong though!

Was working today so missed the game, but saw last 30 mins on Alba and the Omar Daley one love banner :doh:

A few questions.......who was the sub goalie? what are the gifts presented to supporters on official site all about?

Had another look - so maybe awards to the players then :blush:

The young goalie is Ross Stewart. Keeper for the U/20's.

Lad is up and coming, looks to have a bright future.

Really like the top after seeing it in proper daylight. The pics on the website are really poor.

Walking home I overheard some wee guys singing SIWY mixing up the lines but they were absolutely loving it. You could tell they absolutely loved the atmosphere. One of them said "that's me a real Motherwell fan now I'm well going back"

That's the difference a great atmosphere makes when the football isn't all that great. The full stadium was joining in with nearly every song. When was the last time everyone stood up for stand up for the Motherwell?

Really like the top after seeing it in proper daylight. The pics on the website are really poor.

Walking home I overheard some wee guys singing SIWY mixing up the lines but they were absolutely loving it. You could tell they absolutely loved the atmosphere. One of them said "that's me a real Motherwell fan now I'm well going back"

That's the difference a great atmosphere makes when the football isn't all that great. The full stadium was joining in with nearly every song. When was the last time everyone stood up for stand up for the Motherwell?

Aye - even us boring bastards in the main stand were doing it!

Fair play to the county fans - they were singing and chanting the whole way through the match too - even if they did steal all our songs :lol:

That's the kind of thing the club should be looking at encouraging after yesterday, I know they make a lot of commitment to young fans as it is, but follow ups are essential after yesterday to try and keep those kids coming back, even giving them the bottom tier every game against teams with smaller support for instance. Everyone could see how much the young kids were loving being part of it, it's not all about watching the game, it's about fan involvement and many of those kids wanted to be involved so much they came running down from upstairs and other areas to join in. I was attracted by the chance to get involved way back in The Choir and the terracing. Opportunity is there for a good few converts.

Something simple like giving out vouchers next time allowing 2 kids free with a paying adult. Or kids for £5 in the South Stand v Ross County/Inverness at home could work a treat. Hope the club really do follow it up and promote it as was bouncing yesterday.

Ive always been a 'well fan but I know there are others who supported either half of the OF as a youngster through their family but after being old enough to make a decision and going to a 'well game haven't looked back since.

Ive always been a 'well fan but I know there are others who supported either half of the OF as a youngster through their family but after being old enough to make a decision and going to a 'well game haven't looked back since.

I'm in the convert category, mainly because of my kids and I'm loving it more than them, fully converted and hoping I can juggle the finances to get my first season ticket. Cooper would cover both the kids through the wellevate, but my 7 yr old is desperate to get into the "crazy corner" as he calls it.

I'm in the convert category, mainly because of my kids and I'm loving it more than them, fully converted and hoping I can juggle the finances to get my first season ticket. Cooper would cover both the kids through the wellevate, but my 7 yr old is desperate to get into the "crazy corner" as he calls it.

There's the very reason I'm disappointed with the disparity between Cooper and East offers. Cooper offers 2 free U-16 places with an adult season whilst East only offers 1 U-13. More kids want involved in the 'crazy corner' naturally, chance is there to create a space twice the size of the current area and really spread the message that Fir Park is the place to be for youngsters. How many of those currently there were attracted back by the involvement as opposed to the actual fitba' on display I wonder. I reckon the answer would sway more towards involvement despite what has been a great season on the park. If the kids enjoy their day out they will want to return, if they're forced to sit and watch from afar the enjoyment aspect is diluted. Use this resource properly and we have a real foothold for the future potentially.

I think I enjoyed yesterday more than Celtic at home. It was absolutely tremendous seeing a busy Fir Park joining in with everything from the corner. We very very nearly managed to get the main stand singing back and forward with us :thumbup:

Yea its a cracking video!

Took the missus to her first game yesterday ... She'd only been to see the club formerly known as Rangers a few times in their hospitality stuff before so wasn't sure how she would find the east stand but she loved it! thumbup.gif

Sounds daft for a 22 year old guy to say but I felt myself getting a tad emotional after the game yesterday, when all the players were celebrating with the fans, knowing that the most successful Motherwell team I have ever seen will be split up this year.

A damn shame we couldn't have lifted a cup or got into the group stages of the Europa in the last few years to really have cemented this squads place in our history books.

Although there's going to be a bit of an overhaul in the summer I'm looking forward to next season already and due to finishing uni I'll be able to get my first season ticket for 5 years yahoo.gif

There's the very reason I'm disappointed with the disparity between Cooper and East offers. Cooper offers 2 free U-16 places with an adult season whilst East only offers 1 U-13. More kids want involved in the 'crazy corner' naturally, chance is there to create a space twice the size of the current area and really spread the message that Fir Park is the place to be for youngsters. How many of those currently there were attracted back by the involvement as opposed to the actual fitba' on display I wonder. I reckon the answer would sway more towards involvement despite what has been a great season on the park. If the kids enjoy their day out they will want to return, if they're forced to sit and watch from afar the enjoyment aspect is diluted. Use this resource properly and we have a real foothold for the future potentially.

Or we start a singing section in the Cooper?

Big Bois vs Mini-Bois

I never saw the second half, this was class

(First file upload post, hope it's ok)

Dammit, think the files too big

I tried uploading a vid this morning that failed as well, welcome to the Luddites Club. :rolleyes:

Was a quality wee sing song, funny to see kids from further along and up the top deck filtering down towards that section. Wee group grew from about 12 to nearly a hundred I think