Well V Ross County

Welldaft Mk1

Try this link, canny get the embedded fangled thingy

Smashing video - and one of many highlights of the season for me. As fatcalf says to see the South Stand choir grow as the game went on was brilliant.

TrouserTent - good luck with the choir in the Cooper, been in there for a number of years and been trying along with GAZZAMFC68 to generate any kind of atmosphere. Reminds me of Fergie's comment about the Aberdeen support - 'you knew they were getting excited when they rustled their sweetie papers'. Get it going though and we'll both be happy to join in - cmon the Auld 'well Bois. thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Have any of the group from the end of the East thought of moving to the other side of the stand? It would put them more in the middle of the 'well fans and then there could be a proper "mini bois" section in the Cooper too for more of the stuff we seen yesterday.

Surely there's more chance of spreading the singing when they're surrounded by other folk rather than a 90% empty South stand for most games?

Have any of the group from the end of the East thought of moving to the other side of the stand? It would put them more in the middle of the 'well fans and then there could be a proper "mini bois" section in the Cooper too for more of the stuff we seen yesterday.

Surely there's more chance of spreading the singing when they're surrounded by other folk rather than a 90% empty South stand for most games?

This point has crossed my mind.When I was a young yin I used to love standing at the bottom of the east but a major part in that was the hostile away supports.

Given that away supports are dropping like a stone, is there any interest about moving up towards the cooper end? Maybe even just for the 2nd half of games when we are predominately shooting towards that end.

Having sat in the Cooper for the last 2 years, I've been impressed by the atmosphere at times and certainly think that there is a scope to involve the mini bois and have some interaction between the stands.

I like the way this is going, there's clearly a lot of people wanting to up the noise in the Cooper, maybe we just need to put our heads together and get it going.

I reckon the chances of getting the east stand boys to move are slim but am there to be proved wrong.

I wish it was the start of the season already

Personally think we should be giving tickets away for the south every week.

Was certainly a highlight of the season.

Problem now being that those kids have the full summer for that feel good factor to wear off, would have been better at the start of the season and getting them hooked.

• Like 1

Problem now being that those kids have the full summer for that feel good factor to wear off, would have been better at the start of the season and getting them hooked.

So we do the same thing at the start of next season and hopefully many of those who loved it so much will be on it like a shot. And encourage their pals as well. Need to build on it rather than just smile and say "That was fun"

Every time we were toying with the idea of reducing gate prices - this should happen.

The photo of the players in front of the fans at the East Stand is one of the greatest photos ever taken!

I predict it will go on to become a famous photo of our clubs history.

I'm half serious.

==========================

Ordered a copy from sns yesterday

So we do the same thing at the start of next season and hopefully many of those who loved it so much will be on it like a shot. And encourage their pals as well. Need to build on it rather than just smile and say "That was fun"

Whilst there is no way we can detract from what the club are trying to do in encouraging fans to come along and hope that they get hooked - 2 things stick in my mind.........

1 - if we gave away tickets for the full South Stand for free, which i'm lead to believe to be true - then it goes to show that no matter what we do, even at zero cost - we just can't get "alot" of people to come along - it must have been half full

2 - going from £0 to then asking someone who cant afford a season ticket, to say someone choosing to take their kids along and then paying at the gate - the price jump is enormous

i think the best thing the club can do, over the pre-season period is sell the value of the season ticket - promote promote promote - constantly emphasise the saving that can be made, promote the payment options.

In hindsight, they should have had a couple of stewards/employees in the South Stand handing out another free ticket to all those who actually turned up on Sunday - they enjoyed it, and the chances are with an atmosphere like that - folk would want to come back - the result also helped too

as mentioned by Mj a few times now - they should look to have the same deal in the East as they do in the Cooper. We all know the Cooper is the family stand and if you want to keep your childs ears away from some of the colourful language then you have the right to stay in the Cooper. But if your kids want to be part of the Bois then this deal should not discourage them.

the club should follow up immediately with any organisation that attended on Sunday and ask them if they want to be part of it again - show them the Season Ticket deals and hope some of them take it up, offer them more free tickets for selected games

can we not come up with a scheme where if you are part of a boys club / BBs / football team / primary school - where you can buy a season ticket for £20 per child and the organisational owners get free STs so that they can supervise?

Anyway - just throwing some ideas out there.............Sunday was a great success, to see over 7700 people in Fir Park and having Motherwell fans in every stand was a great sight

Well done Leann and everyone else who was involved

#SIWY

I would have it advertised on the site that if kids want free tickets they leave contact details to their organisation/ name of their school with the clubo so the club can then make contact with them.

Free tickets is the best way in my opinion.

Those kids will go back to their mates and tell them about rhe game, then their pals wouldnt want to miss out on the fun, so the crowds gradually grow.

I had a mate who takes a Scout group who went along with 2 other adults and 10 kids, the first time any one of them had been at Fir Park.

None of the boys had any sort of affiliation to any other club and they were all raving about the atmosphere and asking when they could go back.

The only negative comment from them was the price of food and drink which we all know is extortionate although we buy it every week anyway. However to young kids who don't know that, it is a big shock to their system and most of them just didn't bother buying anything.The ones who did were having to queue for up to 45 minutes(at least one of the Scout leaders had to).

The idea of free tickets is that the cost is partly offset by kiosk sales and we have to get our act together on that one when we repeat the experiment.

It's something that we talk about 4/5 times a season, and we never reach an agreement.

Personally I'd love to.

It's something that we talk about 4/5 times a season, and we never reach an agreement.

Personally I'd love to.

"We are the East Stand Well Bois"

"We are the Well Bois of the East Stand"

"Splitters!"

All of the above.

Lets show we are serious about being a community club.

I pay at the gate but I really dont care if someone else is getting in for free. I can afford it and my day out was enhanced by the improved atmosphere. Watching the mini bois was a hoot.

Get bums on seats anyway possible. Lets show people what a good day out coming to Fir Park can be.

At the end of the day, these are seats that would go empty and unused. Fill them with youth clubs and schools and get kids excited about their local team.

As I said before, these kids will go back to their mates and bang on about how good Sunday was, and in turn their mates will want in on it.

These same kids will have their parents splashing the cash for tops, scarfs and giving them pocket money for a pie and drink that will all be going into the cub. Can't really see how the club can loose on this one.

My mate took his daughter, he was in the south. They absolutely loved it and want to come back. I told him he could get a free season ticket for her, as she's under 12, if he buys one.

A few other folk I know went along and one is looking to buy a season ticket. My brother in law is also looking into it.

People loved the atmosphere and have been attracted to our style this season. The atmosphere on Sunday was brilliant. It was great seeing two stands interact with one another the way they were.