New Away Kit

Bop

Nothing in that kit to associate it with Motherwell. Its basically a black training kit with a Motherwell badge on it. Change the badge and it could belong to anyone. Poor effort. Any sort of claret and amber trim would be a huge improvement.

After the silver and petrol blue kits this is an extreme disappointment.

Nothing in that kit to associate it with Motherwell. Its basically a black training kit with a Motherwell badge on it. Change the badge and it could belong to anyone. Poor effort. Any sort of claret and amber trim would be a huge improvement.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lacks any real connection to the club and something Puma could sell to any of its customers and only need to change the badge.

I like the cell design on the top part of the shirt, however it reminds me of the sort of pattern that usually appears on goalie tops.

Not sure about this but I think that Liverpool had the hexagon design on a shirt several years ago? Possibly made by reebok and it looked really smart (if memory serves).

have to say i quite like it, nice and simple like the white one from a couple of years ago

But even the white one had claret trim, including a claret puma logo. Not that I don't like this one, just that it could so easily have been a wee touch more Motherwell.

it could so easily have been a wee touch more Motherwell.

I think that is the point that most people are making. Templates are a necessary evil these days, especially if your kit is made by any of the big kit manufacturers. We have had black kits in the past, however in my opinion the most successful ones have had a touch of C&A. The new away kit could belong to any side but with a touch of C&A it makes the template a little more bespoke.

football_shirt_1999_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_2012_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_2662_1_600x560x0.jpg

On a personal front I have always preferred white away kits with flashes of C&A. This combination to me just seems right.

football_shirt_2147_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_8043_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_3891_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_5599_1_376x450x0.jpg

My initial impression is that it is a pretty lazy effort, with absolutely zero going on to suggest it is a Motherwell strip.

I'll probably change my mind about it if Higdon and McFadden line up in it next season though.

I think that is the point that most people are making. Templates are a necessary evil these days, especially if your kit is made by any of the big kit manufacturers. We have had black kits in the past, however in my opinion the most successful ones have had a touch of C&A. The new away kit could belong to any side but with a touch of C&A it makes the template a little more bespoke.

football_shirt_1999_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_2012_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_2662_1_600x560x0.jpg

On a personal front I have always preferred white away kits with flashes of C&A. This combination to me just seems right.

football_shirt_2147_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_8043_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_3891_1_600x560x0.jpg

football_shirt_5599_1_376x450x0.jpg

All of these with the exception of top 2 are good.

The pony one is my favourite. Its like a retro Andy Paton shirt.

Both of the Matchwinner kits in 89'90 were excellent. Traditional home kit and a really classy away strip. Coincided with the arrival of Super Cooper and the team really taking that Great Leap Forward or going One Step Beyond, whatever you prefer. Good memories of the season and the kits that year.

I had that white Matchwinner away top when I was a kid. Absolute quality shirt looking back on it. Love the badge on it too.

As for this new one, not for me at all. Only echoing others, but it looks like a goalie kit or training kit, it looks distinctly off the shelf with a 'Well badge stuck on it, no Motherwell colours in it so could belong to any team. Ho hum. Can't really see it being worn that much anyway.

Where do you wear an away kit? Hearts/Dundee United/Aberdeen?

Used to be restricted to those games, however, we seem to wear them randomly now. Probably contractually obligated by the supplier to boost sales. The silver kit was used a lot and was quite a lucky one for us.

Used to be restricted to those games, however, we seem to wear them randomly now. Probably contractually obligated by the supplier to boost sales. The silver kit was used a lot and was quite a lucky one for us.

That annoys me when we do that, randomly wear our away kit when the home kit will suffice!

I quite like your new away kit, the more I look at it.