New Away Kit

Bop

...................... and very unMotherwell. Remove the Club badge and fukk knows whose strip it is. Surely the piping or puma logo could have been claret or amber.

Looks more like a Keeper's kit.

Like you big man I much prefer our kit/training wear to have a nod to our colours. I don't care what the main colour is, as long as there is piping or flashes of C&A somewhere on the top. IMHO just sticking a badge on a bog standard shirt seems lazy and uninspiring. I am guessing, but I would imagine it is all down to the cost and the time to produce gear in our bespoke colours.

Still consider the away top to be fairly non-descript.

The home shirt has grown on me. Still a bit too much going on, on it, but it has grown on me. Quite like the shorts too and really like the socks. Just when you put the three of them together it looks a total mish-mash and reminds me of being a laddie and you just threw on any strip, any shorts, and any pair of socks to play fitba up the park with your pals.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem getting top on , but I like loose fitting t-shirts etc around the neck , and the collar insert feels a little restrictive . Don't really like it anyway so thinkin about cutting it out and wearing as a simple 'V' , think it will actually look better without it !

• Like 1

Lol, agreed it's best not to tamper with a garment unless you know what your doing. In saying that, maybe mfcdez is a tailor.

Job done , not crude at all . Removed easily due to insert being stitched quite far inside collar edge .

Maybe not everyones cup of tea in terms of losing a wee bit of authenticity or whatever but looks fine as a plain V neck . Question of personal preference , but I'm happy with it .

I remember there was a guy at college who used to come into the lectures with a Rangers top, with the arms cut off and worn as a vest.

Three seasons after Rangers had stopped wearing the said shirt.

Oh how we laughed.

Job done , not crude at all . Removed easily due to insert being stitched quite far inside collar edge .

Maybe not everyones cup of tea in terms of losing a wee bit of authenticity or whatever but looks fine as a plain V neck . Question of personal preference , but I'm happy with it .

You need to post a pic, I would be keen to see what it looks like without the collar insert. thumbup.gif

I remember there was a guy at college who used to come into the lectures with a Rangers top, with the arms cut off and worn as a vest.

Three seasons after Rangers had stopped wearing the said shirt.

Oh how we laughed.

I mind a guy did the same with a Motherwell matchworn shirt, a white Umbro away yin that was never on sale as a replica either. Sacrilege!!!

image.jpgFor UBH , excuse the wife's shitty iPad pic quality ! Could be viewed as sacrilege I suppose , but I just think the Puma template this time is too busy , and the insert made collar too neat a fit round the neck for my own liking .Still looks perfectly wearable to me !
  • Like 1

image.jpgFor UBH , excuse the wife's shitty iPad pic quality ! Could be viewed as sacrilege I suppose , but I just think the Puma template this time is too busy , and the insert made collar too neat a fit round the neck for my own liking .Still looks perfectly wearable to me !

Awww look at that. In his jammys and all ready for bed.

Naw. Paint a wee claret V then maybe. But naw.

Having said that, as long as the guy wearing it likes it then who gives a fuck? I'm sure plenty folk think a 1987 'Well top that's about 4 sizes too wee for me looks daft but I like it so I wear it and that's all that matters.

Thanks for that. drinks.gif

The template is too busy, however I think a plain amber V neck would sit better with amber sleeves. This current template would look better combined with a claret V.

I usually buy the home top just after their release but I patched this one due to my disapointment with the template.

I'd agree with UBH that a Claret V would be better but there's nothing that could be done about that. IMHO, the insert looks ridiculous and whilst cutting it out doesn't fix the top it's a vast improvement. For me, that's wearable now.

Think I'll now be taking a jaunt down the the Well Shop sometime soon. Cheers for chopping up your top & posting the pic Dez.