New Away Kit

Bop

Really like the Watford top. Would definitely have bought that.

Our one looks like something you pick up for a tenner out of sports direct, that just happens to have our badge and sponsor on it...nothing 'Motherwell' about it whatsoever.

Did there not used to be a UEFA rule about one of your kits having to be a different colour from the home kit in case of a clash?

Seem to remember something along those lines when we qualified in the mid nineties. Could be why we've gone for a total lack of claret and amber if that remains the case.

Did there not used to be a UEFA rule about one of your kits having to be a different colour from the home kit in case of a clash?

UEFA have many strange rules. The document regarding kits and numbering is required bedtime reading (for me at least! laugh.gif) Other than that it’s mind numbingly boring. If I find a answer I will let you know.

UEFA rule regarding first and second choice kit...

9.01 In order to minimise colour clashes, a team's first-choice and second-choice kit must differ visibly and contrast with each other and with the colours of its goalkeeper's kits so that they could be worn by opposite teams in a match.Teams may be requested to mix the first and second-choice kits (shirt, shorts and socks) in order to create a visible contrast with the other team.

The contrast between our new home kit and a mainly white away would be fine according to these rules. However because our new home kit has claret sleeves, UEFA might have a problem with a mainly claret away top. It's really all about how you interpret the rules, however the percentage of claret on our new home would probably create a problem in UEFA's eyes.

As Krasnodar wear a mainly yellow home top we will be required to wear our black away in one of the ties.

Vladislav+Kulik+FC+Dinamo+Moscow+v+FC+Kuban+hbNeUDA5B9Nx.jpg

Seem to remember something along those lines when we qualified in the mid nineties. Could be why we've gone for a total lack of claret and amber if that remains the case.

Nah, wee Nevin made that up to excuse the shitey black & white away kits Xara hit us wi' :rolleyes:

Nah, wee Nevin made that up to excuse the shitey black & white away kits Xara hit us wi' :rolleyes:

It was actually the season of the Pony black and white kit, the one with the double white hoop, that came to mind with the kit ruling. The MyPa-47 season so that would have been pre-Nevin.

Friday night improved my thoughts on the black kit, seeing it in the flesh so to speak it was decent.

Having said that for me it's more of a third kit (though I do like the current blue effort) as it lacks a bit of claret and/or amber, as I generally like our away kit to have some reference to our colours.

Best 'away kit i'd like' and have seen,and agreeing with a previous post, is watfords away. Similar design obviously with both clubs being puma, but really smart strip.

I was in the club shop last night and looked at the new strips up close and I thought the quality of the shirts was absolutely shocking.

Poor quality material, bad stitching, cheap looking badge, etc, etc.

Would have expected a lot better from Puma.

If I'd saw them up the Barras I would have assumed they were counterfeit shirts.

I was in the club shop last night and looked at the new strips up close and I thought the quality of the shirts was absolutely shocking.

Poor quality material, bad stitching, cheap looking badge, etc, etc.

Would have expected a lot better from Puma.

If I'd saw them up the Barras I would have assumed they were counterfeit shirts.

I have been saying this for a while regarding quality of material. The Canterbury and even the Bukta home top was a smoother much better quality of material. The Puma tops feel like cheap sh1te.

I still get the tops - one a season, because I like to support the team and like the latest top, even if I am in my mid forties...

I suspect it comes down to us selling in relatively low numbers compared to the top European clubs. But compare the quality of our tops with a Man United or an Arsenal top and it is like night and day.

That would be fine if we were paying less but our tops are still £40+

It might even be a lucrative deal for the shop/club, but I will think twice about buying another top if they persist with poor quality of material.

cheap looking badge.

I can’t comment on the material or stitching of the new shirts, however I’m opposed to the cheap looking printed appliqué badges. I always favour having a fully embroidered crest, as in my opinion this instantly improves the look of the garment. Ultimately it’s all down to which method the manufacturer chooses to use, and in our case Genesis Sport/Puma appear to favour the latter.