2nd Confirmed

johnstone

3rd last year...now runners up this year...the SPL's top scorer and PFA player of the year as our main striker...brilliant performances and another European adventure to look forward to...beating the champions twice...and Faddy coming home, what a feckin belter of a season.

• Like 1

Can only echo what everyone else has said. Absolutely amazing achivement for a club of our size, fanbase and finances.

Never thought that I would ever see a time that we were in European competition year after year.

I can only second that. The management and players have done us proud on a low budget.

However the Directors and Chief Executive must also take a lot of credit for appointing the right manager and setting a decent and realistic budget. Folk on here are quick enough to criticise them when small things go awry but we must have one of the best sets of Directors in the country. I wouldn't swap them for their counterparts at Pittodrie, Tannadice, Easter Road or Tynecastle.

• Like 2

1368305171[/url]' post='382230']

I can only second that. The management and players have done us proud on a low budget.

However the Directors and Chief Executive must also take a lot of credit for appointing the right manager and setting a decent and realistic budget. Folk on here are quick enough to criticise them when small things go awry but we must have one of the best sets of Directors in the country. I wouldn't swap them for their counterparts at Pittodrie, Tannadice, Easter Road or Tynecastle.

Seconded

Hear, Hear !!!

There's 7 teams finished below us with far larger budgets, with far larger playing squads and with far larger fan bases..............and there can't be much in it with 3 of the other 4.

Mega kudos to all at FP. Quality achievement :notworthy::thumbup::drinks:

Not to be pedantic Big man. I only count 5 teams below us with bigger budgets :-)

Heck of an achievement by the Manager, Players and Board. Still the fans played their part. I think in almost all teams the away support has dwindled, yet with Mother well I think it has stayed fairly steady if not grown down to the young lads.

Looking forward to tomorrow - few beers to celebrate what has been a fantastic season. Would be nice to have warm sunshine in May. But this is Scotland and that is asking a LOT....

Apologies, I should also have mentioned the fans. In our young lads we must have the best travelling support in Scotland, pound for pound. On occasion they may be a little OTT, but thats the enthusiasm of youth. They've added much needed atmosphere both home and away. Take a bow lads!

• Like 4

Apologies, I should also have mentioned the fans. In our young lads we must have the best travelling support in Scotland, pound for pound. On occasion they may be a little OTT, but thats the enthusiasm of youth. They've added much needed atmosphere both home and away. Take a bow lads!

+1 :clapping:

1368312459[/url]' post='382258']

hope hibs win the cup

I f*ckin' don't... Euro tie away leg during last two weeks in July is problematic for me.

Now, your wish for an Azerbaijan trip? Only good in August if the Shettleston Harriers win the cup.

Feel dirty, but, needs must.

Ditto that ......................... and we must prepare ourselves for the not so good times, as they will come - that is inevitable in this game - and hopefully not be so quick to let our emotions rule our mouths/keyboard fingers.

Enjoy the summer everyone at MFC. You all deserve to.

Absolutely terrific. Well done and congratulations to the players, management, coaching staff and the board. As I have said on previous topics, for me this means we have won the league because second place is the best that any non-old firm club can do as its impossible to compete with their resources. So champions for me.

• Like 1

I f*ckin' don't... Euro tie away leg during last two weeks in July is problematic for me.

Now, your wish for an Azerbaijan trip? Only good in August if the Shettleston Harriers win the cup.

Feel dirty, but, needs must.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_UEFA_Europa_League#Second_qualifying_round

good few belters in that 2nd round :nod:

• Like 1