St Johnstone V Motherwell, 19 May 2013 At 12.45Pm

Toxteth O'Grady

Re really disappointing performance today with very few putting in even half a shift. Noticed that Faddy appeared to tweak his hamstring in the last minute of the warm up and could see he wasn't up for pushing himself throughout his stint. Kerr still flatters to deceive and against an attack that had something to win today, he was caught out of position too many times, the lead up to the first goal being an example. Agree with what's been said about Hollis; I feel sorry for the boy as he's got big boots to fill and it was clear that he and the back 4 weren't full of confidence in each other as was proved by the number of times they iignored his shouts. He's in a bit of a no win situation, but have to say that him staying glued to his line didn't fill me with confidence. Got to get another established keeper in though. The better team won today but the best team got 2nd... Mustn't grumble...laugh.gif

Poor display and only saving point for me was that guy in front of me at gate had 2 comp tickets and one was for his wee boy who got in free. So he gave me other and saved me £22 - nice one mate! Great turnout by Well fans and we should have had away stand behind goal total insult. No wonder the St J chairman sounded so glum he hasn't got a clue how to run a club to cater for fans.

Poor display and only saving point for me was that guy in front of me at gate had 2 comp tickets and one was for his wee boy who got in free. So he gave me other and saved me £22 - nice one mate! Great turnout by Well fans and we should have had away stand behind goal total insult. No wonder the St J chairman sounded so glum he hasn't got a clue how to run a club to cater for fans.

On my way in, I asked a steward if they'd underestimated and he said MFC had told St. Johnstone they expected to about 500 fans to travel. The steward said that would have been comfortable in that section of the main stand but it looked more like 1500 to him.

not a great away day but hey it was all about celebrating the season. had a chuckle seeing the well players walking through the st johnstone fans to get to us.

Shows you what everyone things of mcfadden a few well fans on the pitch getting pictures with him and then st johnstone fans come over to get a picture taken with him. fair play to him is stuck about and looked happy to play along.

weird one with hollis. he wears a football boot on his left foot and what looks like a shoe on his right(kicking) foot. not saying it is a shoe but it was different from the other one.

On my way in, I asked a steward if they'd underestimated and he said MFC had told St. Johnstone they expected to about 500 fans to travel. The steward said that would have been comfortable in that section of the main stand but it looked more like 1500 to him.

Not the first time Motherwell have done that to Saintees. Was mentioned last week, does no-one take time to look at the sites or Facebook pages? Even then we knew there was going to be lots more than 5-600 Well fans travelling.

Firstly, the team have been outstanding this season.......but that was an utterly disgraceful performance today, the players looked like they really couldn't give a fuck which is a slap in the face to the 1500 or so 'well fans who went up with the sole aim of giving them one final ovation this season.

I'd have thought that the players who were chosen to play would have had enough pride to actually put in a bit of graft and desire. There were lads in that team who should have been fighting to earn contracts or starting berths in next seasons 1st team and those that weren't should have knuckled down to aid those boys.....but the holiday heads were on and most of the team looked lie they couldn't care less.

Total waste of a Sunday afternoon

the club are clueless then.

it was a stick on that we would have 1000+ today.

Firstly, the team have been outstanding this season.......but that was an utterly disgraceful performance today, the players looked like they really couldn't give a fuck which is a slap in the face to the 1500 or so 'well fans who went up with the sole aim of giving them one final ovation this season.

I'd have thought that the players who were chosen to play would have had enough pride to actually put in a bit of graft and desire. There were lads in that team who should have been fighting to earn contracts or starting berths in next seasons 1st team and those that weren't should have knuckled down to aid those boys.....but the holiday heads were on and most of the team looked lie they couldn't care less.

Total waste of a Sunday afternoon

This.

I didn't really see it as a lack of effort. Nothing between the teams in the first half in terms of general play but they got the goal with a good shot from distance.

When they got the second early in the second half it changed the shape of the game completely. They were able to sit very deep when we had the ball making it really difficult to break them down. They also had their tails up and were chasing our defenders. After that we had no chance of coming back.

There's a lot of SPL games where there is little between the teams and it comes down to who manages to get the goals on the day. Yes, it was frustrating but I've seen plenty of games like it.

Fair point!

This season we have played some great football and been a joy to watch at times with our attacking brand of play, whereas last season we were often just marginally less shit than our opponents!

:lol:

So many games are finely balanced, and a moment of brilliance, or madness, a poor decision or break of the ball gives one team the momentum and they can go on to control the game.

The 1st game at mcdiarmid park this season was a great example! We were very fortunate to be 2-0 up, but then were cruising and won 3-1 (with the 1 being a late consolation). Just a bit if quality from Jamie murphy vs poor finishing from them and good defending from us.

St Johnstone have previous for ignoring Motherwell's advice on what the away support will be and making their own estimate. At the game Scott McDonald made his debut, St Johnstone only had a few turnstyles in operation as they believed we'd only take 500 fans when I'm sure it was a Scottish Cup game and Motherwell had informed them we'd take 2,000 - 2,500.

St Johnstone have previous for ignoring Motherwell's advice on what the away support will be and making their own estimate. At the game Scott McDonald made his debut, St Johnstone only had a few turnstyles in operation as they believed we'd only take 500 fans when I'm sure it was a Scottish Cup game and Motherwell had informed them we'd take 2,000 - 2,500.

That game is the one I remember well, Ken Davies allegedly told St J to expect 6-700 max, I spoke to Ken during the week leading up to that game so I know this was true, I told him straight we'd take min 2500 but he wouldn't listen. No blame on Saintees that time, nor this as I believe a similar scenario unfolded with our estimates being way out once more. A simple glance at t'internet could have told them they were miles out in their guesstimate. Does no-one watch the web up there?

How many games has Hollis played for us? 4? How people can be so dismissive of him when he's not exactly had a chance to prove himself is beyond me! Aside from the fact that he's not Darren Randolph and therefore will never be good enough for some people, he's not exactly had match experience with us.