European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

Perhaps not affect us directly in terms of being seeded (we're too far down the non-seeds) but will change the list of our potential opponents as some of the teams with a higher co-efficient are being replaced by those with very low co-efficients.

The three teams mentioned are in the Champions League, or enter the Europa League after us so won't really affect our draw.

If an unseeded beats a seeded in any round, they take the seeded status into the next round I think.

This is true, but only if the draw for the next round is before the conclusion of the current round.

eg. If Rosenborg were to lose to an unseeded team in round 1, that team would be defacto seeded in round 2 as the draw for round 2 had already taken place. They would not then be seeded in round 3 as the draw fo round 3 is after the conclusion of round 1.

They like to make things simple! :whistling:

Like, I realise it is kind of pointless complaining about it, but can they not just lob all the teams in a bag and make with the drawing? Better for all involved. Teams good enough will still progress.

Agreed,

I didn't really understand what went on in that draw. 2 numbers got drawn and that drew 10 ties, mental if you ask me.

The teams were split into seeded and unseeded groups each of them was given a random number ie 1-8 etc within the group and then a seeded and unseeded group were drawn against each other. The ties were 1 (seeds) V 1(non seeds) etc. Its all seemed a bit complicated but given the length of time Uefa have taken over these draws in the past, it was a vast improvement

• Like 1

The teams were split into seeded and unseeded groups each of them was given a random number ie 1-8 etc within the group and then a seeded and unseeded group were drawn against each other. The ties were 1 (seeds) V 1(non seeds) etc. Its all seemed a bit complicated but given the length of time Uefa have taken over these draws in the past, it was a vast improvement

Cheers,

I only tuned in for the Second round draw so I didn't know that they were doing this.