European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

£1335 FFS i could have 2 weeks in Florida for that money..

Quite frankly that's an utter disgrace, - but before you prod me with a pointy stick Brazilian - I'm not pointing the finger at MFC, more the situation they find themselves in, imposed on them by UEFA.

I'd like to think the Club have come up with a figure to 'break even', so what if there is no or very little fan uptake ?

For every empty "Fan" seat, will the Club find themselves roughly £1300 well out of pocket ?

Quite frankly that's an utter disgrace, - but before you prod me with a pointy stick Brazilian - I'm not pointing the finger at MFC, more the situation they find themselves in, imposed on them by UEFA.

I'd like to think the Club have come up with a figure to 'break even', so what if there is no or very little fan uptake ?

For every empty "Fan" seat, will the Club find themselves roughly £1300 well out of pocket ?

Totally agree that it's a mental situation and little reward for finishing second. However, I do think the remaining 15 seats will be sold. I just hope that there is plenty to play for in the second leg ...

The whole things reads like the club trying to apologise for it, and I'm with you entirely, I don't think they're at all at fault. If that's what it costs, its what it costs, there's nothing else to be done. What a disappointment the whole draw has been, really.

Just got our visa's sorted there.

Went through to the visa office in Edinburgh sorted out our visa vouchers application forms the lot for around £120 ready for pick up next Friday.

Fine lass working couldn't be more helpful and recommended that anyone else looking to book is more than welcome to see her.

Apparently Doing the clubs visa's next week aswell.

Panic over the excitement is well and truly kicking in.

but before you prod me with a pointy stick Brazilian

WTF have I done now :laugh:

from discussions on the matter, the club were left with few options. So for a one off game are out of pocket , no question, as quite simply the UEFA money doesn't cover the costs incurred.

perhaps with good tickets sales for the home game, the situation will improve.

Club really has the same options as fans, scheduled flights or a charter.

you can see from the snippets of information that most fans are taking extra time to travel over and back to reduce travel costs (or to holiday) The club do not really have that luxury of time, cannot be sending players over days early (other costs) and need to be back as early as possible for scheduled match v Aberdeen

Leaves them looking at charters, Russian carrier regulations severely limit choice of operators, increasing the costs , 5hour+ flights takes fuel cost over anything previously encountered.

from what I can see the club were left with 'a loss' as the UEFA money is short of whats required, and I'm 'guessing' at this stage, but it looks like the 'fan option' package is cheaper than what each official or player is costing (UEFA), and every fan who pays is effectively reducing that loss the club are facing for taking the only realistic option.

No bad, guess it's easier to get to Moscow though

hell of a lot easier,

and they have not been spoilt for choice with European jaunts

that was their third in a seven year spell

this is our tenth in five years

Scottish city clubs European tours :tumbleweed:

UEFA need to be looking at the whole EL and CL qualifying set up. Getting entry to the Champions or Europa league should be the reward for a successful season, a prize / bonus for the clubs and fans involved. We have the situation now where Motherwell,s participation might cost the club money, which is wrong. Not only the club but the fans suffer as well, how many will make the trip to Russia, not a lot. Its time it was sorted, start thinking about all member clubs not just the top sides from the big nations.

UEFA need to be looking at the whole EL and CL qualifying set up. Getting entry to the Champions or Europa league should be the reward for a successful season, a prize / bonus for the clubs and fans involved. We have the situation now where Motherwell,s participation might cost the club money, which is wrong. Not only the club but the fans suffer as well, how many will make the trip to Russia, not a lot. Its time it was sorted, start thinking about all member clubs not just the top sides from the big nations.

If they can afford to give each club £10mil for qualifying for the CL group stages they should fuckin well see that clubs like us at least break even over the qualifying rounds.

The St. Johnstone chairman was on Radio Scotland last night and said the jet charter to Trondheim cost St. Johnstone £120,000 against prize money of £90,000.

And that's more or less a 'local' tie.

You wonder what our trip will cost the club.

From the EUFA site

Each club figuring in the first and/or second and/or third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League will get €100,000 per round even if they qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage. In addition, every side eliminated in the UEFA Europa League play-offs will be allocated €100,000.

So that's £ 88k wow thanks Platini.

We spend about £114 k getting to Krasnador and back.

Offset by the home crowd: 5 6 or 7 k times 25 = £124 to £175k (Minus costs about 30%)

Whatever way you look at this without a TV deal of 100k somewhere In there we should tell EUFA to keep their competition because its not a competition.

Its a money making machine for the Man us Chelseas and Celtics.

That said Ill still be there.