European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

No doubt McCalls attitude and approach to Europe is very different this year.

Last year we were almost apologising for gaining a shot at a CL qualifier whereas the noises coming out of FP this summer are far more positive.

Sounds like Kuban are going to be far too good for us but with experience like McManus and McFadden and a more solid looking midfield, we are much better equipped to grind out a backs against the wall 1-0 than previous seasons.

Very good point. Fingers crossed!

UEFA wont bother their arse...both the champions and europa leagues are set up to benefit the big sides from the main European nations. Every year the rich teams get even more money and the rest get the scraps from the table. I cant see it changing any time soon.

UEFA wont bother their arse...both the champions and europa leagues are set up to benefit the big sides from the main European nations. Every year the rich teams get even more money and the rest get the scraps from the table. I cant see it changing any time soon.

I wonder if any club has ever pulled out of a European tie because they can't afford to travel. As the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I anticipate it's only a matter of time before that happens.

I wonder if any club has ever pulled out of a European tie because they can't afford to travel. As the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I anticipate it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Good point, SFA fine you for not managing your finances, yet UEFA put you in a loss making situation

That didn't take long :doh:

And Woods won the jersey back I seem to recall. In fact he kept on winning the jersey back off a list of similarly rose tinted viewed competitors over a period of almost 10 years. He wisnae as bad as he was made out to be, his biggest problem was taking over from a cult hero. Billy Thomson suffered similar, and Hollis will as well. He's as well leaving cos he'll never be accepted no matter how well he does.

And Woods won the jersey back I seem to recall. In fact he kept on winning the jersey back off a list of similarly rose tinted viewed competitors over a period of almost 10 years. He wisnae as bad as he was made out to be, his biggest problem was taking over from a cult hero. Billy Thomson suffered similar, and Hollis will as well. He's as well leaving cos he'll never be accepted no matter how well he does.

I was in total agreement with you there up until the Hollis part. I just don't rate him at all, but we've had more 'keepers worse than woods than we've had better in the last 20 years.

I'm sure Bradford City's chairman said they would have to pull out if they had won the Capitol One cup final against Swansea last year and qualified

Season ticket renewed (late as usual) and Euro ticket bought today without any hiccups. Can’t see it being anywhere near a sell out on Thursday, I reckon we will be lucky to get 8,500 in the ground. That would still a good crowd, however it would be nice to see a few more on the night.

Season ticket renewed (late as usual) and Euro ticket bought today without any hiccups. Can't see it being anywhere near a sell out on Thursday, I reckon we will be lucky to get 8,500 in the ground. That would still a good crowd, however it would be nice to see a few more on the night.

Does that mean the South stand is unlikely to be opened? I was putting off getting our tickets on the off chance we could get in there for a change.

Scots, if you plan to visit Krasnodar can advise you also go to Anapa or Gelendzhik (the best towns-resorts in Russia) before or after the match for the couple of days, it's 100-150km from Krasnodar, there good stone or sand beachs and resorts with entertainments. It's the main russian place for rest.

There houndreeds of hotels in every town or village. The hotel 100 metres from sea coast near 50$ in day. Anapa and Gelendzhik also have airports.

PS. In Blagoveshenskaya village near Anapa-town from 1 to 7th August will be concert in 200 metres from sea coast "Kubana" - www. kubana . com during 7 days - Scooter, Guano Apes, Prodigy, System of Down and str.

(Anapa in day -

in night -

Gelendzhik in day -

in night

)

PS...From the last year Kubana concert in Blagoveshenskaya-

Edited by KubanPupkin

I'm gonna order mine today as well. They posting any out or they all to be collected? What stand you in?

Didn't wanna take the risk so getting a mate of mine to pick it up, I'm in the East. I can ask her to pick yours up as well if you want?

Didn't wanna take the risk so getting a mate of mine to pick it up, I'm in the East. I can ask her to pick yours up as well if you want?

Erm maybe man. How would that work though? Would I need to tell them on the phone that she's picking it up or what? Do you know if there's still the option to post them?

The girl on the phone said that I could either have it sent by post, by recorded delivery, collect it myself, or get someone to collect it for me. If it's recorded delivery someone needs to be in to sign for it, or else it'll go back to the depot. You can pick it up yourself on the night but it'll be mobbed, best to get it picked up if you can.

When I ordered mine she just said it'd be under my name and anyone could pick it up, didn't need to give the person's name or that. Lemme know if you need it picked up!