European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

Google earth will reveal all about Motherwell and its proximity to coastal waters. You'll see that you won't need to pack your trunks.

Respects for spelling whisky properly. Not sure what you're used to, but there's an abundance of varieties out there. Experiment and you'll find one you like.......... and enjoy your trip to Lanarkshire :drinks:

Go for a swim down the Clyde or at the Beach down the Strathy park .....Taps Aff ! :laugh:

Who will go to Russia, FC Kuban stadium is located in the park where vendors will sell anything and everything. Though street drinking close to the stadium is prohibited. You can try Russian staple food as "shashlyk" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashlik

They make it everywhere near the stadium in the park in front of your eyes. There you can relax on the grass and have a picnic Bon appetite.

dont know what that is but it looks good!!!

Shashlyk5.jpg

I wonder if any club has ever pulled out of a European tie because they can't afford to travel. As the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I anticipate it's only a matter of time before that happens.

It's already happened this season.

CSKA Sofia withdrew from European competition because they said they could not afford to travel.

Hi all, I apologize at once for machine translation, writing for those who are going to Krasnodar, if you need something where links (for example from the airport to the hotel or explore the city or region) write in the mail (Lrv80@mail.ru) and call on the telephone +79186514346, happy to help. If you will be able to go on the sea and barbequing like the picture of Stalker )

• Like 1

I wonder if any club has ever pulled out of a European tie because they can't afford to travel.

This scenario will start to happen more and more. Clubs are struggling to find the money to be able to compete in the early stages of these competitions and UEFA are doing nothing about it. Motherwell are victims of their own success, and the only way to capitalise on that success would be to reach the more lucrative group stages.

Anyone know how long do UEFA make clubs wait for their money?

Were it a glamour tie like Seville or Swansea (if that is indeed glamorous) we would have had over 10,000.

Maybe Swansea as they would have potentially brought a significant away support, but I don't think for a second we'd have touched 10k for Sevilla or anyone else for that matter.

No beaches, but this is nearby: Coatbridge Beach which is like a beach, but with slides and that.

Now that's just cruel. These Russian boys have been showcasing their beaches, barbecues and bars for travelling Dossers and you respond by sending them a link to go to Coatbridge. :laugh:

Harsh. Very harsh!

Anyone got any idea if the south stand will be getting opened if the others sell out??

No news as yet but we should at least open the bottom tier as a pay at the gate option. Give fans every opportunity to attend at the last minute and increase revenue to the club.

Anyone got any idea if the south stand will be getting opened if the others sell out??

I thought I read some official club statement that they would open the South if the other sell out, but would still be ticket only.

Since its come up in the conversation. Bit about St Johnstone's trip to Belarus from the BBC website....

St Johnstone plea to fans over Belarus trip

_69019353_130523555614617607654_1.jpg

St Johnstone are urging fans to get in touch with the club if they are planning to travel to the Europa League match in Belarus on Thursday.

The club has been in contact with FC Minsk to discuss plans for the game.

However, no supporters have yet told the Perth club that they are planning to travel to Belarus for the match.

For most fans, the time to secure a visa to travel to the game ran out on Monday.

To get into the country fans would have needed to pay additional fees for a visa at short notice, before booking flights and accommodation.

St Johnstone had earlier booked flights and made travel arrangements for players and coaches in preparation.

On the fans forum page, many have posted messages asking if they will be able to watch the game through live streams, although none have been confirmed so far.

The club's football administrator Paul Smith said: "We have been in discussions with the opposition club in regards to the fixture.

"The club posted a message on our website on Monday asking fans to get in touch if they were attending the game so we could find out how many would be going.

"So far no one has got in touch to confirm they are, so at this moment we assume very few are travelling."

only 30 people from Kuban fans received foreign passports (because it was very hard)

Not a lot of Kuban fans, however I am sure you will still make a lot of noise. thumbup.gif

I would assume the away fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand, leaving the south more than likely empty. I don’t like to see empty spaces behind the goals, as it never looks good on TV or the press. However, at least our game is not live on the telly, so we won’t have to worry too much about how the away end looks to the viewing public.

It’s a pity that we don’t have some spare big flags that we could drape over the seats in the south as that would look far better than just seeing empty spaces.

• Like 1

No news as yet but we should at least open the bottom tier as a pay at the gate option. Give fans every opportunity to attend at the last minute and increase revenue to the club.

I don't think UEFA rules allow pay at the gate for European games.