European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

Well done to St Johnstone..Scottish football needs more results like that. They get the coefficient up so the whole country benefits. Its a pity Hibs got pumped to spoil what would have been a very unusual week for Scottish teams in Europe.ie everybody winning

Sitting at LHR bored. Where is the chat....or are we so used to these Euro draws these days.

I think I am right in saying that we have not played a team from the same country twice yet. How ironic if that country was to be..................

WALES :rolleyes:

Swansea...no thanks, dont think that one would be winnable

some interesting results already. if the draw is kind and we can avoid anyone who is straight through as a seed in the 3rd round it is do-able. avoiding the likes of Stuttgart, Swansea, Seville and Udinese would give us an opportunity to get through and get a moneyspinning tie. prefer a team from northern europe as well as our game is more suited to them and the heat wont kill us!

well done to st johnstone. Rosenberg may not be the force they were but they are still a decent outfit and they are half way through their season so should be a lot sharper.

Trondheim is a cracking town and a great night out. think there will be some sore heads and wallets in the morning!

Appreciate your research mate ---- how likely is that to change ?

I don't think it will change given the ruling that St Johnstone would take Rosenborg's coefficent.

Here's what I researched and you can judge it for yourself.

In the seeding pots released on Friday morning, the teams are ranked by their coefficient or, in the case of the second qualifying round ties, by the higher of the two club coefficients involved – with 29 sides classified as seeded.

The teams are further split into five groups containing an equal number of seeded and unseeded contenders. Each seeded club will meet an unseeded opponent from within the same group. The matches will be played on successive Thursdays, 1 and 8 August.

dde28c77d7db86c5e849d71066fadaaf.png

I no the draw is tomorrow.....but will we find out who we are playing out right or will it be a case of .....such n such or such n such vs Motherwell FC?

Depends. Some teams go in at this stage, but a lot of the teams are coming from the previous round (that hibs and stjohnstone played 1st leg tonight), so won't be known until next Thursday night.

29 seeds, we can draw 28 of them (all but stj/rosenborg).

Leaving 16 unknowns (team x or team y) and 12 known.

I suspect Andy_Harrow and his wee dug would be keen on that option too.

Would be a tall order, I'm in Asia now and the dugs pan bread.

Debrecen's a pretty decent town, not too much to it though, but enough for a few days. I'll be kicking myself if we draw Debrecen as it would be a great draw if I was still living there. Hoping we draw a team from China, Vietnam, Philippines or Indonesia. If we do I'm definately in.

1374175641[/url]' post='389686']

I think its one of

Sevilla, Sparta Prague, Anorthosis, Bursaspor, Estoril or Debrecen

But that's taking a stab at it using Uefa's pre draw groupings ruling going by coefficient.

I see what you've done there, but does it not all get buggered up by the number of teams that have to avoid teams from their country? there are a few countries with teams in both sides of the draw... E.g. Scotland, Czech, Poland, Norway, Switzerland, Denmark...

Or did you take that into account already?

We're in Group 3 and the seeded teams are -

PFC Beroe Stara Zagora (BUL)/Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR), Sevilla FC (ESP) , FC Metalurh Donetsk (UKR), FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS), FC Dila Gori (GEO)/Aalborg BK (DEN), FC Differdange 03 (LUX)/FC Utrecht (NED

Says on uefa website the seeded teams in group 3 (which we're unseeded in) are

Beroe Stara Zagreb/hapoel tel aviv,

sevilla,

Metaluhr donetsk

Kuban krasnodar

Dila gori/aalborg

Differdange/utrecht

Unless I'm reading it completely wrong. Can't link on my phone but its the main story on the europa league page