European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

Fuck that. The place was a shitehole. That was our only Euro tie I wasn't embarrassed to be welcoming visiting fans to Motherwell.

It was a shitehole...but a warm and sunny one with cheap beer..would love another adventure there

• Like 1

I didnt think Athens was a shitehole at all. But then I didnt go anywhere near the railway station or the harbour.

That said, I think we always have more of a chance against Northern European opposition so Id prefer a draw against some of those friendly Scandanavian or Baltic types!

we were unseeded vs aalesunds I'm sure, THEN PUMPED THEM!

I could be wrong but I believe we were seeded that year in the 3rd round against Aalesunds. I'm sure we were only just seeded though and no other year before or since would we have had enough points to be seeded.

It could happen again but we would need a few upsets in the 2nd round to have a chance at being seeded.

we were unseeded vs aalesunds I'm sure, THEN PUMPED THEM!

We were seeded against aalesunds.

The lowest seeded team in the third round last year was Anzhi on 9.566, we're 7.something.

Who got cheap beer in Athens? It was a fucking pit, no thanks.

We were seeded against aalesunds.

The lowest seeded team in the third round last year was Anzhi on 9.566, we're 7.something.

Who got cheap beer in Athens? It was a fucking pit, no thanks.

The beer was cheap in the Wee Dram, to be fair had a couple of good nights in there.

Agree about Athens though, wasn't overly impressed.

Would rather add a new country to the list anyway, variety is the spice of life :nod:

Will be almost impossible to be seeded for third round as draw for Round 3 is before 2nd round is complete. Any non seeds Knocking out seeded opposition are given their seeding points for round 3.

Unless we are one of the top 29 teams based on the seeding of the teams in round 2 we will be unseeded

According to Bert Kassies there is only one team in Round 1 who have a better co-efficient than us. (Rosenberg) although there is a possibility of 5 others

In Round 2 there are already 11 teams/countries who will have a better co-efficient than us and the possibility of 14 more this means in the worst case scenario if we are in Round 2 then there will be 31 teams ahead of us in the round of 80 making us a definite seed in round 2 (80 teams top 40 seeded)

If we go into round 3 there are now only 58 teams therefore only 29 are seeded best case scenario 12 teams from round 1 &2 above us already 12 teams into round 3 above our co-efficient making us number 25 at the moment and with the possibility of 5 + 14 + 3 higher co-efficients from the previous rounds qualifying we require a maximum of 4 from that number to be seeded. This gives us around an 18% chance of being seeded if we go directly into round 3 at the moment. Things should be clearer after this weekend when many of the european leagues are completed

Will be almost impossible to be seeded for third round as draw for Round 3 is before 2nd round is complete. Any non seeds Knocking out seeded opposition are given their seeding points for round 3.

Unless we are one of the top 29 teams based on the seeding of the teams in round 2 we will be unseeded

According to Bert Kassies there is only one team in Round 1 who have a better co-efficient than us. (Rosenberg) although there is a possibility of 5 others

In Round 2 there are already 11 teams/countries who will have a better co-efficient than us and the possibility of 14 more this means in the worst case scenario if we are in Round 2 then there will be 31 teams ahead of us in the round of 80 making us a definite seed in round 2 (80 teams top 40 seeded)

If we go into round 3 there are now only 58 teams therefore only 29 are seeded best case scenario 12 teams from round 1 &2 above us already 12 teams into round 3 above our co-efficient making us number 25 at the moment and with the possibility of 5 + 14 + 3 higher co-efficients from the previous rounds qualifying we require a maximum of 4 from that number to be seeded. This gives us around an 18% chance of being seeded if we go directly into round 3 at the moment. Things should be clearer after this weekend when many of the european leagues are completed

:blink: I can't wait. Top research though...

Get the seedings to buggery. It's just cheating.

Aye, but sadly here to stay. Agt least it is seeded right at the start, and not after they see who the possible teams are (like it was for one of the International Qualifiers (Playoffs)a few campaigns back when it looked like Germany could be in it)....

Get the seedings to buggery. It's just cheating.

Pretty much. Its why I've no faith in financial fair play levelling the field at all either. UEFA seem to exist to ensure that the rich stay rich.

We'll never break the glass ceiling in Europe unless we bring through a crop of 6/7 kids who are brilliant and ready to go along with some experienced campaigners, although, I guess that's true of Scotland as well, which is a shame.

Today the St.Johnstone chairman was very downbeat over the financial side of qualifying for Europe. Last year it cost them £110,000 to for the plane and they only earned £90,000 from the round. A £20,000 loss for being successful, makes you wonder if Europe is financially the best thing for the smaller teams.