European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

I'm glad I booked to go to Wembely as don't fancy this trip and unfortunately don't think we will get through but I'm sure St Johnstone thought the same, really hope we put on a good performance at home as last year all games in Europe were pretty poor. Looking forward to the game.

To be fair, I thought we put in a great performance against Pana at home, just they were a little more streetwise and took their chances whereas we didn't. Game in Athens was a non-contest though.

Didn't make it to the Levante games.

To be fair, I thought we put in a great performance against Pana at home, just they were a little more streetwise and took their chances whereas we didn't. Game in Athens was a non-contest though.

Didn't make it to the Levante games.

Start of the second half against Pana at Fir Park we had them absolutely on the ropes, that was as good football as I've ever seen us play, but we just couldn't finish. They couldn't get near us and it was great.

Then we forgot how to defend. So if we're better at both of those things, we've got a shot.

If we avoid giving away needless free kicks from 25 yards out, that will give us a head start on last year too.

I never expect too much from these ties, but that doesn't mean I don't think we have a chance. Stranger things have happened - that's why old style Euro competitions (before all this league nonsense) were more entertaining.

Agree with thisGraeme we we're really good against Pana and they hit us on the breakaway. Feckin heartbreaking. Remember on of their players doing the dying fly routine near the end carted off then back within 60 secs. :wallbash:

Aye, that was the wee guy Sissoko was it? The one that got dogs abuse the entire 90 in Athens, spent the entire game throwing himself to the ground, then scored. I think even the ref was fed up with it, as I remember Hammell absolutely doing him, cynical as you like, and the ref told him to get up. laugh1.gif

Aye, that was the wee guy Sissoko was it? The one that got dogs abuse the entire 90 in Athens, spent the entire game throwing himself to the ground, then scored. I think even the ref was fed up with it, as I remember Hammell absolutely doing him, cynical as you like, and the ref told him to get up. laugh1.gif

The guys next to me were absolutely RAGING at him in Athens. :lol: Furious, furious guys, its a game we're not going to win that matters not a jot and they had their eyes bursting our their heads. :lol:

If this isn't the biggest boot to the baws reward for finishing 2nd in your domestic league ever, then I don't know what is. Fucking hideous draw, couldn't be more gutted. dash2.gif

thats how i feel as well..but they were the lowest ranked of the 6 seeds, they may be full of Brazillians but even they have shit players..the good ones are playing in Spain and Italy.

We will pump them..looking forward to Q4..

• Like 1

1374241226[/url'>' post='389870']

We need to change our signing tactics.........

Nikola Nikezić incident

Nikola Nikezić, a forward from Montenegro, was part of FC Kuban in 2010 and had a valid contract with the club until November 2011. However, in early 2011, FC Kuban decided they want to buy different players in his position and tried to force him to dissolve the contract by mutual consent. When he refused, he was beaten up by unknown persons, allegedly with ties to the Russian mafia, at the club office to force him to sign the contract dissolution papers.[2] After being beaten for 20 minutes, by two armed men, he did sign the paperwork.[2] He filed a complaint with FIFApresident Sepp Blatter couple of days after the incident, with attached photos of bruises sustained during the beating.[3][4] Eventually FIFPro (International Federation of Professional Footballers), with the assistance of Russian Football Union, forced the club to pay Nikezić a compensation of 180,000 euros.[5]

Fukin hell reminds me of a time a m8 went to Prague on a stag do and got a taxi to the local ( sports bar) he entered wanting to watch the football (smelltic fan) and It turned out to be a strip club. He tried to leave immediately but the bouncers said he had ordered 2 bottles of champagne and he had to pay before leaving. They pulled back there jackets to reveal side arms and he stupidly panicked and tried to push back. They left him with 3 broken ribs, a fractured eye socket , fractured skull and severe swelling on his face and body. Also minus his watch and wallett with 200 euros. When he got out of hospital 3 days later ( with not a single police officer coming to take a statement despite being robbedand severely, beaten then taken away in an ambulance) he spoke to the hotel staff who told him " don't bother reporting it as the police are corrupt, the taxi driver got paid to set him up and nothing would legally be done" Forgive me but I will give these places a massive wide berth.

Fukin hell reminds me of a time a m8 went to Prague on a stag do and got a taxi to the local ( sports bar) he entered wanting to watch the football (smelltic fan) and It turned out to be a strip club. He tried to leave immediately but the bouncers said he had ordered 2 bottles of champagne and he had to pay before leaving. They pulled back there jackets to reveal side arms and he stupidly panicked and tried to push back. They left him with 3 broken ribs, a fractured eye socket , fractured skull and severe swelling on his face and body. Also minus his watch and wallett with 200 euros. When he got out of hospital 3 days later ( with not a single police officer coming to take a statement despite being robbedand severely, beaten then taken away in an ambulance) he spoke to the hotel staff who told him " don't bother reporting it as the police are corrupt, the taxi driver got paid to set him up and nothing would legally be done" Forgive me but I will give these places a massive wide berth.

There was a programme not that long ago on Discovery called "Scam City" which highlighted this. Been with the misses a few years ago without any trouble, but not a place I'd rush back to.

As much as this was a kick in the Sandy Shaws, I'm still unsure as to how the draw was made blink.gif despite watching it live.

Doubt I'm the only one here who would rather it was the luck of the draw instead of a play between seeds and non-seeds? The cream would still rise to the top regardless of co-efficient or am I too simplistic in my thinking?

Sure, if they want to keep with the corrupt persona that precedes them, Uoofa could use the heated balls we have here for cup draws in Scotland no?

Doubt I'm the only one here who would rather it was the luck of the draw instead of a play between seeds and non-seeds? The cream would still rise to the top regardless of co-efficient or am I too simplistic in my thinking?

I think I'm right in saying seeding was introduced after Real Madrid drew Bayern Munich in the first round of the European Cup in the late eighties, that was at least the catalyst for it.

The big teams weren't going to stand for 'the luck of the draw' after that.