European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

What about a tour bus? What specifically would we need? Got one company now who are willing to give us a quote.

Good on you if you do go. I went to Katowice by bus - yes the one that only caught the last 10 mins - and in East Germany/Poland it was a nightmare. Bus wasn't built for Hitler's concrete autobahns, and it was 5hrs+ at the border crossing.

I appreciate its 20yrs down the line, but I doubt much of the former eastern block that you will travel thru has uuber auto-routes, and that will really really slow you down. And if one person's paperwork is wrong you could all be fukked.

Just an FYI .............. best of luck though :thumbup:

Actually, I would assume the quickest route would be down through my old abode, Hungary and in reality the roads are excellent until you get to Ukraine. There after the travel would be a lot slower and more akin to what you describe Pie (I have not been in the Ukraine since before the Euros so maybe it has improved, but that would be a bonus for Bop). The border crossing into Ukraine would still be about 4 hours as you can't drive past the queue, unless you know someone whistling.gif. I would assume that they would care less about a bus than a car. Once your through Ukarine and in Russia the roads would be better (think A9).

I'd say, if you done that, leave plenty of travel time, things will happen and also make sure the bus company actually know what their taking on. The last thing you want is the bus being turned around at either the Ukrainian or Russian borders. So again all the paperwork should be in order and even then a kick back might be needed. Someone should understand Cyrillic as a minimum for directions, it's not like jumping onto the motorway and heading to London, you will go through every town and city in Ukraine and Russia on the way making it easy to take a wrong turn.

If you do it, good luck to you, but I'd still say fly. Everyone seems to be looking at going through Moscow, which in itself will be a nightmare. At Sheremetyevo you will need to transfer from the International terminal to the domestic termincal, which is done outside the airport. you have to get a shuttle bus, these buses are common all over Russia, they are transit vans with seats in them and go when their full. You just get into them and pass the money to the driver (if your at the back, just pass the money up via the other passenegers, Russians are honest people). Once your in the Domestic terminal everything is in Cyrillic. Also note that security comes first in Russian airports and when you check-in things are in reverse. I would believe it to be the same in the other two airports in Moscow. If you have an over night in Moscow, get the train into the city. The taxis will rip the arse out of it and the train takes 30 minutes to the outer ring of the metro and from there you can get anywhere.

Looking at the Krasnodar airport webpage, it may be worth checking flying via St Petersburg (a much smaller airport with the international and domestic terminal side by side, or via Vienna which appears to be the only western destination.

Hope all this shit helps you guys.

One more thing, if you stick your hand out for a taxi in Russia, anyone and everyone will stop for you. Its common, if a private car stops, just tell them where your going and agree a price. They will take you.

• Like 4

Cheers for all the help. Managed to get one company willing to take us for roughly £700 per head. Probably a bit too dear and with all the possible hassles at the border we've decided against it.

Andy Harrow',

I'd say, if you done that, leave plenty of travel time, things will happen and also make sure the bus company actually know what their taking on. The last thing you want is the bus being turned around at either the Ukrainian or Russian borders. So again all the paperwork should be in order and even then a kick back might be needed. Someone should understand Cyrillic as a minimum for directions, it's not like jumping onto the motorway and heading to London, you will go through every town and city in Ukraine and Russia on the way making it easy to take a wrong turn.

If you do it, good luck to you, but I'd still say fly. Everyone seems to be looking at going through Moscow, which in itself will be a nightmare. At Sheremetyevo you will need to transfer from the International terminal to the domestic termincal, which is done outside the airport. you have to get a shuttle bus, these buses are common all over Russia, they are transit vans with seats in them and go when their full. You just get into them and pass the money to the driver (if your at the back, just pass the money up via the other passenegers, Russians are honest people). Once your in the Domestic terminal everything is in Cyrillic. Also note that security comes first in Russian airports and when you check-in things are in reverse. I would believe it to be the same in the other two airports in Moscow. If you have an over night in Moscow, get the train into the city. The taxis will rip the arse out of it and the train takes 30 minutes to the outer ring of the metro and from there you can get anywhere.

Looking at the Krasnodar airport webpage, it may be worth checking flying via St Petersburg (a much smaller airport with the international and domestic terminal side by side, or via Vienna which appears to be the only western destination.

18b1f59297bf3ab62ec78c6e9aa537da115d07d8_514.jpg

Russian shuttle bus (in russian it calls 'Marshrutka') it's the unique cultural phenomenon of Russia. I say it without without any irony.smile.gif It' the cheapest (ticket usually costs about 0,3-0,5 £) way to participate in russian street racing.thumbup.gif Our driver are crazy. Most of them are immigrants from Caucasus and to earn more money they have to drive very fast ignoring the highway code. Two of three years ago ex-player of 'Zenith' Fernando Ricksen told about his voyage on shuttle bus in St.Petersburg. He told that he would never forget it.yahoo.gif

Anyway, if you need the information how to get to Krasnodar or 'Kuban" stadium you can write here of on GreenMile forum and we'll tell you everything in the details.smile.gif

Edited by FC_Kuban

Andy Harrow',

18b1f59297bf3ab62ec78c6e9aa537da115d07d8_514.jpg

Russian shuttle bus (in russian it calls 'Marshrutka') it's the unique cultural phenomenon of Russia. I say it without without any irony.smile.gif It' the cheapest (ticket usually costs about 0,3-0,5 £) way to participate in russian street racing.thumbup.gif Our driver are crazy. Most of them are immigrants from Caucasus and to earn more money they have to drive very fast ignoring the highway code. Two of three years ago ex-player of 'Zenith' Fernando Ricksen told about his voyage on shuttle bus in St.Petersburg. He told that he would never forget it.yahoo.gif

Anyway, if you need the information how to get to Krasnodar or 'Kuban" stadium you can write here of on GreenMile forum and we'll tell you everything in the details.smile.gif

Thats the ones, cheap and get where you need to be.

Many fans making the trip then? That 's three of us booked up, staying at Visit Hotel

More than I originally thought by the looks of things. Huge respects to all my fellow Dossers who make the journey, however direct/undirect it turns out to be. Sounds like you'll be very well looked after.

Best of luck folks :thumbup:

Haggischomper,

Fernando Ricksen!!! Fuck me gently! :lol:

He gave an interview to ruddian newspaper. Unfortunately it's only in russian.

- Tell abut your favorite piblic transport.

- I've forgotten how those mini-buses are called... Marshrutkas! That's I was much impressed with! It's some sort of amusement rides driving in opposite lane, dangerous overtaking ... So much adrenaline costs only 0,5 euro!

Sorry Internet connection dodgy here, we have booked flights with BA, leaving Edinburgh on tues at 18:30, going via Heathrow and Moscow getting to Krasnodar on Wed at 10:30am, going back Sunday reverse route, leaving at 15:30, trying to get hotel and visa sorted

How much?

Edit - just had a look, £267 out and £301 back.

Andy Harrow,

I know. I take it every day in Krasnodar.yes.gif

Used to get them when I was working in Moscow. I can only ever say good things about Russia, apart from your all crazy bastards! thumbup.gif

My worst experience is being driven through moscow Oblast in a snow covered road, -18c and the driver doing 140km per hour and the forzen windscreen wipers. Kind of thought if I survive that I can survive anything.

A note on the visa applications. It is not always clear, but Russian visas are for Oblasts (counties). So if you state your staying in Moscow and don't mention your also staying in Krasnodar or vice versa you could end up in real trouble.

It won't be a problem to travel, you won't be restricted, but if you get into trouble for example: if your detained by the police in an area you didn't decalre where you'd be you'd be in the shit.

Its not clear on the applications or the visas that they only cover the areas your travelling to.

Of course, don't get arrested and it won't matter. evilgrin.gif

You can stay in Russia I believe for 3 days, without registration with the police. I do not think you will stay any longer or you have to register with the Krasnodar police. It takes hours to do that, or you have to come like at 7 am and take the number :)

Welcome to Krasnodar who will venture to the wonderful south of Russia region , though football local fans call it Ekaterinodar ( the name of the city before the Russian revolution in the honor of the German and Russian empress Catherine the Great, relative to the British royal family.

Local attractions.

-Catherine the Great monument

-Botanical gardens

-Trip to resorts on black sea 90 km away

-Stroll the Krasnodar shopping street "Krasnaya", take a table in the numerous open cafes to observe and meet local beautiful girls

- Try local cuisine. At the end of Krasnaya street near the Catherine the great monument there is a Georgian restaurant "Duhan". Or any others your heart desires.

Have a good time. Enjoy our hospitality !

-

Edited by stalker
  • Like 1