European Tour 2013

Spiderpig

Season ticket renewed (late as usual) and Euro ticket bought today without any hiccups. Can’t see it being anywhere near a sell out on Thursday, I reckon we will be lucky to get 8,500 in the ground. That would still a good crowd, however it would be nice to see a few more on the night.

Anywhere in the region of 8,500 would be superb but i cant see it.

Somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 is far more likely in my opinion, however with that being split over the three stands that'll be open it should create a good atmosphere.

Normally if all three were completely full that would be just under 9,000 but given the club can't use the plastic seats in the Main Stand under UEFA's crazy rules that stipulate a minimum number of centimetres on the back of your seat, then maybe only 8,000 if totally full. so no surprise that the main stand is sold out. must have sold at least 6,000 though from what you have been told.

Is there any good restaurant in Glasgow to try smoked fish. Smoked in front of you in the cut in half barrel.

We Russians appreciate very much smoked fish and always slide it down with a lot of beer. So if you have any favored places for Arbroath smokies, open air restaurants we will thank you in advance.

Is there any good restaurant in Glasgow to try smoked fish. Smoked in front of you in the cut in half barrel.

We Russians appreciate very much smoked fish and always slide it down with a lot of beer. So if you have any favored places for Arbroath smokies, open air restaurants we will thank you in advance.

That's near the top of my "Favourite Ever Post" list.

• Like 1

I would like to think that we can at least match St Johnstone’s crowd of just under 8,000. However the Russian’s are not a household name and are unlikely to attract that many floating fans. With us being regulars in Europe in recent times, there could also be a touch of apathy creeping in to our fans as regards these games. Along with money being tight, it will probably all add up to a few empty seats around the ground.

Reaching the group stages would put us on a more secure financial footing amidst some troubling times in Scottish football. It’s a tall ask, however St Johnstone have shown that with a bit of determination it’s not impossible.

Glasgow has Cafe Cossachok but not sure if they do smoked fish or not. Borscht, blintzes and blinis, yes. Also, nice vodka shot glasses

Cafe Gandolfi do a really nice Arbroath smokies linguine.

The Two Fat Ladies restaurant in Blythswood Street also do a nice fish menu.

I have never been to Crabshakk, however one of my mates highly recommends their fish.

Failing that, you could just get a fish supper at the Rex Cafe in Motherwell. laugh.gif

Who will go to Russia, FC Kuban stadium is located in the park where vendors will sell anything and everything. Though street drinking close to the stadium is prohibited. You can try Russian staple food as "shashlyk" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashlik

They make it everywhere near the stadium in the park in front of your eyes. There you can relax on the grass and have a picnic Bon appetite.

Shashlyk5.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to think that we can at least match St Johnstone's crowd of just under 8,000. However the Russian's are not a household name and are unlikely to attract that many floating fans. With us being regulars in Europe in recent times, there could also be a touch of apathy creeping in to our fans as regards these games. Along with money being tight, it will probably all add up to a few empty seats around the ground.

To be fair they were 1-0 up from the away leg and so had a reasonable chance of going through. I think for the Turkish mob they got bang on 6000/ Although to be fair that is not a bad crowd compared to their normal

I stated before and hold on to my view that we should get a crowd of between 7-8000. Were it a glamour tie like Seville or Swansea (if that is indeed glamorous) we would have had over 10,000.

do you have beachs and resorts for swimming in the sea?

PS...but what is better...whisky or vodka?

Google earth will reveal all about Motherwell and its proximity to coastal waters. You'll see that you won't need to pack your trunks.

Respects for spelling whisky properly. Not sure what you're used to, but there's an abundance of varieties out there. Experiment and you'll find one you like.......... and enjoy your trip to Lanarkshire :drinks:

1375121007[/url]' post='391134']

do you have beachs and resorts for swimming in the sea?

PS...but what is better...whisky or vodka?

You need to drive 1 hour to the Ayrshire Riviera to sample our wonderfull beaches!

Unfortunately the temperature has dropped to around 20'C this week so I wouldnt recommend swimming in the sea!

You will also get a warm welcome from the many Motherwell fans that have chosen to live in these wonderful holiday resorts!

• Like 1