Mccall

Squirrelhumper

If we have to get a new manager i think it will be someone no one thought of. Gannon, Brown & McCall are all people no one would have picked as the next manager & i think that would be the case again. I would be more than happy with McCall staying but if he did go it could also be a good thing if we get a manager who has connections down south to bring a few gems up as it appears McCall is going for the SPL players this time around & im not so keen on that.

But as i said previously i don't see McCall going anywhere except Ibrox.

I would think the board would maybe go for Chris McCart or even Brian McClair who is head of youth development at Man Utd.

I would like to see Gary Mac, maybe dosnt have the best record as a manager but neither did Butcher or McCall before they came to us

SMC will be staying..he might have to do a bit of rebuilding but i think he will be up for it, 3rd last season, 2nd this year. So next season we have to be aiming for 1st and possibly EL group stages as a minimum, he wont get that excitement in Sheffield

I hope McCall stays but if not, the new manager threads are always entertaining. We could raise funds by having a sweep to see who's first to mention Luc Nijholt. And there's always a leftfield suggestion or two. I expect to see David Weir mentioned when the job comes up. Personally anyone but Peter Houston is fine by me...

I hope McCall stays but if not, the new manager threads are always entertaining. We could raise funds by having a sweep to see who's first to mention Luc Nijholt. And there's always a leftfield suggestion or two. I expect to see David Weir mentioned when the job comes up. Personally anyone but Peter Houston is fine by me...

See you say that now. See if you are saying the same when Kenny Black is sitting smiling at the press conference for his unveiling.... :P

I hear that. Anyone know what the Sheffield connection is with KB at all?

This makes sense now albeit about 15 yrs later! My head office is in Sheffield

& every year from 1990 until 2006 or thereabouts we used to play in our group 5-a-side tournament down there which really was just an excuse for a piss-up (in later years anyway efter we were too old to win it which we did on numerous occasions in the 90's including 1 year in full Motherwell kit with a few ahem ringers fae the Shire). Anyway one year a crowd of us were out on the lash after playing during the day including a boy fae work who was an Airdrie die-hard (good c*nt tho believe it or no'). standing Q'ing to get in this dodgy nightclub & who's in front of us, none other than the famous Kenny Black who at the time was with Airdrie. I off course gave him pelters for playing for THEM while my Airdrie colleague who'd partaken in a fair chunk of the quarter ounce of speed that had made the journey down from Scotland with the boys proceeded to make his night hell while prattling on a la Spud's interview in Trainspotting. didnae know until now that he actually stayed there.

• Like 1

Not because McCall may be considering going there as manager but Sheffield Utd is a nest of vipers. They've had 5 managers in the last 3 years! ohmy.gif

However given that he's had us 3rd and 2nd in the past two years he may feel that's as good as it gets at a non-OF club and move on when his stock is high so to speak. That and the fact his budget is getting cut for the second year in a row which may mean he considers staying on is mission impossible.

I think however he needs to get it sorted out pdq so the club know whether they are going to need a new manager or not.

If he does go, we will be in bit of a mess - no manager and a much too small first team squad.wallbash.gif