Mccall

Squirrelhumper

Gary McAllister please.

He ticks some of the boxes that McGhee and McCall did. Looking to rebuild his managerial reputation after a spell down South, still has contacts down there and is good with the media.

Still can't forget the fact that he didn't want the job before because he didn't want to have to sell a player as soon as he showed any kind of ability. While I admire the ambition it shows in wanting to build a team, it doesn't really fit in with the plan that the board have stated that they budget for selling a player every season.

If he could buy into that, then not a potential appointment that I'd object to...

had a wee swatch over at the sheffield united forum, so much english arrogance on display as expected

Saw that also and not surprised. Apparently the SPL is a piss poor league and someone had to finish runners up to Celtic....

I watched Sheff United in the play offs and if they had our front line of Ojamma, Higdon, Humphrey and Faddy, they would be heading up to the Championship next season.

They reckon Murphy was touted as the scottish messi. If anyone cared to enquire they would have noted that he blew hot and cold with us and hit a purple patch just before he left. I liked Murphy, but he was by no means our best player or even in the top 5 from our team last season.

I reckon McCall would be a decent appointment for them, but hope they go for the guy that led MK Dons to a lower league finish than they themselves managed - Go figure :mellow:

Scotsman reporting we would be interested in Hartley if McCall leaves. Methinks a case of unsubstantiated speculation on the part of that paper/website.

Methinks a journalist coming on here and seeing his name mentioned and running with it. Or to be more cynical, a guy who played for Hibs and Hearts having friendly journalists on an Edinburgh paper willing to boost his profile...

I reckon McCall wil stay to see out his 2 year contract, at which point Sevco will end up in the SPL and need a new manager.

Sevco's delusions of grandeur by that stage will have them looking for a 'big' name. After McCoist's failure they will likely want to steer of ex-players for a while.

Obviously my first choice would be for McCall to stay, but Hartley's a great shout. We've developed a bit of a club philosophy on the pitch, and from what i've seen of Alloa (they are fairly local to me) he'd continue in that manner.

If McCall goes then i think we have to stick with the formula that has served us so well recently by bringing in someone with knowledge & contacts of players down south. Scouting around picking up other SPL teams cast offs with a manager that's been round the Scottish scene going from team to team is a recipe for a very poor season imo. Hell if that's the route we are going then we'd be as well bringing in Jimmy Tango Calderwood and ask the last person to leave to turn off the lights. Although casting the net out to 'more unorthodox applicants' will probably see us again linked with Chris Sutton :wallbash:

if mccall was to leave id fully expect us to bring in another manager from down south,just as long as we stay well clear of duds like mcpherson and williamson etc as these c***s would only take us backwards