Mccall

Squirrelhumper

Two things he could have done:

1. Punted a few of the players with one year left and reinvested in the squad to avoid the whole team going ooc at one time;

Or

2. Taken the hit last year to keep our team together, then stuck around to rebuild the squad.

Looks like he has gone for 3. Take the hit then bail in the middle of contract negotiations with the ooc players meaning, by their own admission they will be as well to move on (possibly to sheffield). I like mccall and hope he stays by the way, that's kind of my point.

While I'm sure he has a say in these matters, it's really the board that makes decisions like this.

Also we are assuming the club had offers for these players, Mc Call said we had no enquires for Randolph prior to him being out of contract, Other clubs wil be acutely aware of when their target players current contracts expire and will await this period rather than spending on transfer fees.

That seems to be the way of things in post Bosman football.

This is like a thread on getting tickets for a European game.Instead of worring and greeting about what might happen and who might be to blame ,we should all remember that things always work themselves out in the end . Enjoy the sunshine folks cheers.gif

1369496141[/url]' post='384161']

This is like a thread on getting tickets for a European game.Instead of worring and greeting about what might happen and who might be to blame ,we should all remember that things always work themselves out in the end . Enjoy the sunshine folks cheers.gif

A bit more important than tickets a lot hinges on his decision as to who will stay and go. Will it be a total rebuild or just a few additions. I can feel people's frustration we have had McGoo on a plane and off before getting cold feet. McLeish fuked off before some crucial games and an important cup tie. Then we had auld 2 faced judas broon telling us he loved us while sleeping around elsewhere. If it happens so be it but I just want it decided quickly.

A bit more important than tickets a lot hinges on his decision as to who will stay and go. Will it be a total rebuild or just a few additions. I can feel people's frustration we have had McGoo on a plane and off before getting cold feet. McLeish fuked off before some crucial games and an important cup tie. Then we had auld 2 faced judas broon telling us he loved us while sleeping around elsewhere. If it happens so be it but I just want it decided quickly.

Whoever is in charge it is more or less a total rebuild i cant see us keeping any of the players who are out of contract. :cry:

Whoever is in charge it is more or less a total rebuild i cant see us keeping any of the players who are out of contract. :cry:

If the next rebuild goes as well as the last one we have nothing to worry about.

^

What he said. Four years ago this team

Motherwell: Fraser, Saunders, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, O'Brien (McHugh 74), Lasley (Slane 46), Forbes, McGarry, Sutton, Murphy.

Subs Not Used: Kosiorowski, Darren Smith, Fitzpatrick, Hutchinson, Page.

Lost their opening game of the season at home(well sort of) in the Europa League to a Welsh Pub team that had players such as Andrew Mumford playing for them.

andrew_mumford.jpg

We were doomed!

We finished in the top six that season an improvement on the previous year and indeed haven't finished out the top six since. We've finished best of the rest twice, made the semi final of both national cups and our first Scottish Cup final in 20 years. Throw in a few more European campaigns and things(outside of actually winning the cup) couldn't have really gone on any better since the last rebuild.

People are worried? To be honest I'm quite excited.

To be honest I was gettin excited by the prospect of a new manager coming in with new ideas and new players. As steelboy says, if not Sheff Utd it'll be somebody else. Plus the fact that he persuaded Law to join Rangers means I'm pissed of with McCall now.

Again, did you read the article where Law said McCall was trying to get him to stay with us??

As for steelboy, when you grow up you'll maybe learn that you can apply for other jobs to see what is out there, and then decide not to pursue it!

Hoping McCall stays, hoping its enough to keep Higgy and Faddy

• Like 3

if it's not sheffield united it will be another team.

Of course. Like every other football manager he will leave or we will sack him.

better to get it over and done with now.

Aye, it would be terrible if he stuck around and put a new squad together.

Of course. Like every other football manager he will leave or we will sack him.

Aye, it would be terrible if he stuck around and put a new squad together.

everybody now knows that he is available for £130,000 and he is obviously keen on getting a move.

i would rather have a manager who is 100% focused on us.

?

i heard a rumour he has been in discussions with another club for the last few days about becoming their manager.

when you remember the stick that mcdonald, mccormack, pearson and mcghee took for courting other clubs it is very odd that most posters are so happy for mccall to talk to other clubs.

If he turns down more money, a move to a bigger club in terms on fans/resources etc then I think that is a very clear indication of how much he wants to be the motherwell manager/how much he enjoys it. 9/10 times if you offer more money to someone they'll go, if he stays it speaks volumes for the guy!

Thought as soon as they came in he was away.. never dreamt that he might knock them back, if it happens it would probably be one of the most positive things to happen in recent years, we might actually see a fair bit of the team stick around and we might even build on this seasons success.

• Like 1

i heard a rumour he has been in discussions with another club for the last few days about becoming their manager.

when you remember the stick that mcdonald, mccormack, pearson and mcghee took for courting other clubs it is very odd that most posters are so happy for mccall to talk to other clubs.

Everton? Stoke? Real Madrid...? If every unsubstantiated rumour on here were true, we'd have a first team squad of three players and no manager...

And there's a difference between courting a move and being willing to discuss it when approached (and I might add, when the board has given permission). If you really can't see the difference between how McCall and McGhee have conducted themselves then you really should see a mental health professional...

• Like 1

Aye and Chris Humphrey is signing for Middlesbrough after we agreed a 500k transfer fee, Faddy is off to Man U, rangers are just signing players from us to sell to McCall at his new club...

Rumours.......