Mccall

Squirrelhumper

The board of Directors have been pretty good in selecting the last few managers who have, despite a few personal lapses from the managers themselves, been good for the club. I will trust the same directors to keep this trend going and will pick the right man for the job.

I for one have faith in our board as I believe they have done a sterling job in the last few years despite some barracking on here from some. Keep up the good work in difficult financial times. Although it's crucial to have the right manager I think it is just as important to have the right directors steering the club in these troubled days and they have acquitted themselves well.

Agree - with one proviso:- how much input did John Boyle personally have in selection, and would he have any now?

John Collins and John Hughes are a pair of duds. Plenty of good potential replacements out there.

Keep the heid.

Oh aye? You've been quick to criticise everybody else's suggestions, so you name some for consideration so we can all do likewise! dry.gif

Oh aye? You've been quick to criticise everybody else's suggestions, so you name some for consideration so we can all do likewise! dry.gif

To be fair, Frazzle nailed his colours to the Joe Jordan mast a couple of pages ago. As unrealistic as that is, he has stated that as his preferred choice...

Looking at those tweets, can I just say that ain't exactly going to tell them what's happening before telling the club.

So I don't know why their bothering asking the question.

I hope he decides that Fir Park is the place to be but if he goes, then Good luck to him. We'll move onto the next part of the rollercoaster.

I'm sure the shortlist will consist of the usual randoms, Gary Mac will probably be on it, might Sbragia be tempted this time too?

Pressley is a non-starter, for the reasons already stated. He's not long joined Coventry, so short of him getting punted in the very near future, he's hardly going to want to leave?

My preference would be Adams...although admittedly that's very unlikely.

We'll no doubt end up with someone who none of us have thought of, who'll bring along a stack of players who we'll also never have heard of - such is the Motherwell way.

Not for me Pressley. Although his wife would add a bit of glamour :evilgrin:

Wouldn't be my first choice but has some things going for him. Willingness to give youth a chance, had Falkirk playing attractive football.

As others have said anyway, if McCall leaves then we'll all just be guessing anyway. Don't think anyone would have predicted any of our last four managers when the previous ones left...

Guessing is just something we'll do to pass the time until the name is announced...

If he does go it would be nice if he didnt "rape" the club and take all our out of contract players (apart from Daley).Of the names mentioned i would prefer if we steered clear of Elvis,Adams,Calderwood(s),McPherson wouldn't mind Hartley or Coyle if he would come. What are peoples opinion on Butcher coming back ?

Falkirk fans I know couldnt wait for Pressley to GTF

McCall will be back tail between legs, having been played

The Blades fans definitely want the MK Dons boy.

Question is - is there any way back for the wee man. Will it ever be the same now we know he fancies a move away.

First bad result, well you can just guess what the patter will be like

• Like 1

he's not played it very clever so far, couldve easily had it all done on the QT, without the huge press coverage only days before saying how good Motherwell was for him and never speaking to anyone

Butcher recovered from his interview jaunt trying to leave ICT.

Stuarty will just have to mimic that, tbh, committing and getting the few players to commit who are already hovering will endear him enough as well as the courtesy of acknowledging his undoubted success to date

Scottish manager at Rotherham, Evans, done well to win promotion, but are his team going to he competitive in the next league? Motherwell could be a good platform to a bigger move in time if he does well. In middle of a 3yr deal though, so would have to pay to get him.