Mccall

Squirrelhumper

The Blades fans definitely want the MK Dons boy.

Question is - is there any way back for the wee man. Will it ever be the same now we know he fancies a move away.

First bad result, well you can just guess what the patter will be like

I don't think it's an issue. He has to go to the interview as it shows ambition. Same as if I got a job over to double my wages then I of course would go and if I didn't get it then I just keep going.

Also the media coverage of this has nothing to do with McCall. He hasn't pushed this one bit. Unlike a certain McGhee.

I don't think it's an issue. He has to go to the interview as it shows ambition.

The only problem is that he's just signed a 2 year contract. He's been asking his players to sign new contracts and expects them to stick to them. Why should he be any different to them?

We may be being unfair to him of course. Its quite possible that he doesn't want the job and wishes to honour his contract but rather than text "No" or ring Sheffield United he prefers to tell them in person.

Who knows?

1369344541[/url]' post='383813']

The Blades fans definitely want the MK Dons boy.

Question is - is there any way back for the wee man. Will it ever be the same now we know he fancies a move away.

First bad result, well you can just guess what the patter will be like

Aye? Just curious as to how you come to that conclusion. A few dissenting voices on message boards is hardly representative of the Blades support no? Those I know would take McCall in a heartbeat as they look beyond the general perception of the SPL as being a pub league and judge him on his merits.

The fella Robinson isn't carrying as much favour as you suggest, given he hasn't gained a promotion over three seasons whilst having a budget that dwarfs most around them never mind anything we have at our disposal.

Bang on the money with your other points...

mellow.gif Not sure he would have any sway as he doesn't have a seat on the board..What difference does it make..??

Just thinking that we've had a run of decent managers in the last few years, and I can't imagine he'd have no influence in their selection.

He'd have plenty experience in sizing people up at interviews in his "day job".

Could it be that the club are treating this like an approach for a player, and are hoping for some compensation?

As far as replacements go, I agree with the above, that it will be someone out of nowhere. Who was the favourite last time? Was McCallister not close?

Falkirk fans I know couldnt wait for Pressley to GTF

Pals with a couple of Cov fans as well, they're not exactly delighted with him either. Plenty of possession and wee triangles, no goals, ever, which got them relegated to League One in the first place.

Is Steve Nicol back from the states? I seem to recall he done quite well over there. Also just had a thought that gives me the fear would Roy Aitken be up for his first major management roll?

No fucking chance.

After his playing career, he had a short spell in management with Scottish Premier League team Aberdeen, and won the Scottish League Cup in 1995 before turning his attention to coaching.

After obtaining his UEFA Pro Licence at the Scottish Football Association's Largs training centre,[3] Aitken went on to become a coach with Leeds United before rejoining former Leeds coach David O'Leary at Aston Villa.[4]

On 20 July 2006, he was named caretaker manager of Aston Villa after O'Leary's departure the previous evening.[5] Aitken managed Villa to three pre-season victories before being replaced by Martin O'Neill.[6]

In January 2007, he was appointed as one of Alex McLeish's assistants with the Scotland national football team. On 28 November 2007, he followed McLeish, newly appointed as manager of Birmingham City, to the club as first-team coach alongside Andy Watson.[7]

In July 2010, Aitken left Birmingham City to join O'Leary in Dubai with Al-Ahli.

You might have cut and pasted the references as well!! :lol:

Mate of a mate type comment coming up...

The wife's boss had a guy in doing some work on his house a week or so ago who - so he claims - had also been working in McCall's a few weeks earlier, says that McCall told him both him and his wife have never been happier and more settled since he came up here to join us.

Just thought I'd share that nugget of information and fully appreciate how "you know who I had in my cab the other day there" that comment is!

• Like 1

There was mention earlier of an escape clause in his new contract which I assume meant he would be able to go for less than the value of the remainder of the contract.

Before everyone goes off on one about the club allowing this to happen, remember negotiations took a while and maybe this was the stumbling block. Can you imagine the meltdown if we'd told him to bolt because of it?

ETA - loads of people got in before me while I was doing some one-fingered typing.

• Like 1

£130k isn't the end of the world IMO. If we go and get someone in now who's unattached then we're up £130k!

Owen Coyle would be some coup (Premiership experience and all that), wouldn't say no to Mark McGhee either.

Before everyone goes off on one about the club allowing this to happen, remember negotiations took a while and maybe this was the stumbling block. Can you imagine the meltdown if we'd told him to bolt because of it?

McCall made it pretty clear in his Herald (I think?) interview that it would be in place.

Presume this in addition to Law jooking is going to turn this place into a football fans version of the thunderdome for a couple of months.

thunderdome5.jpg

Folk baying for blood, furious that players that weren't going to be playing for us anymore now play for someone else, and that a manager who made it clear that he'd take another job elsewhere, the same as every other manager we've had in the past decade, has taken another job.

^ I don't see how we can be too annoyed at McCall. He's been here 3 years, got us a cup final, a third place, a run out in the champs league, a 2nd place and the last three months have been the best football at fir park since the early 90's.

Really couldn't have expected him to achieve all that, if he goes then fair enough and thanks for everything he has done.

McCall made it pretty clear in his Herald (I think?) interview that it would be in place.

Presume this in addition to Law jooking is going to turn this place into a football fans version of the thunderdome for a couple of months.

Folk baying for blood, furious that players that weren't going to be playing for us anymore now play for someone else, and that a manager who made it clear that he'd take another job elsewhere, the same as every other manager we've had in the past decade, has taken another job.

I'm disappointed that McCall is offski but I have expected it for over a week to be honest and I can't really blame him for going due to a number of factors.

I knew Nicky law was going for months and again I wouldn't grudge him a fresh challenge. I'm not going to hide the fact that I am gutted in the choice that he made. Again I will admit that I was probably naive but I never expected him to go to Division 2. I thought he was a certainty for the Championship. Then again I am making assumptions about the offers that he received.