Mccall

Squirrelhumper

FFS. We can't even get that sort of money for any of our top players!

There was of course a touch of sarcasm in my post regarding the compensation for Rosler. The £130,000 pound sweetener for losing McCall will be swallowed up by the new bosses wages. Is it enough money to attract a good manager? Only time will tell.

There was of course a touch of sarcasm in my post regarding the compensation for Rosler. The £130,000 pound sweetener for losing McCall will be swallowed up by the new bosses wages. Is it enough money to attract a good manager? Only time will tell.

Surely with McCall's wage becoming free the new manager's salary will be covered by that.

The £130,000 is extra cash in the club's coffers.

1369387384[/url]' post='383876']

we should view this an opportunity rather than a set back.

Mccall seemed to be targetting vetrans, we should go for a manager who can get young hungry players to balance out lasley, hammell, lawson and ramsden. It's going to be an exciting summer.

I agree with your thoughts about an opportunity rather than a setback. The Board also have previous for thinking a little outside the box in their choice of managers recently rather than the old boys network of Calderwood, Ian McCall & similar. In the board we trust, no longer McCall!

I've long since come to terms with losing our better players year on year, but constantly losing our managers to larger clubs is beginning to really get on my nerves.

I'd love to see someone come in and do a job with the long-term in mind....what can we do to keep our next manager at Fir Park for longer than 2 or 3 seasons?

I've long since come to terms with losing our better players year on year, but constantly losing our managers to larger clubs is beginning to really get on my nerves.

I'd love to see someone come in and do a job with the long-term in mind....what can we do to keep our next manager at Fir Park for longer than 2 or 3 seasons?

I'de much rather we lose them the way we have, than have to sack them for being pish!

Not a lot we can do, I'm afraid.

The way Scottish football is, you either get sacked or a bigger club comes in because you've impressed people. So if you want us to do well, it's a risk you run.

Could be wrong, but sure his two and a half seasons made McCall one of the longer serving managers in the SPL Butcher, the two Lennons and Lomas maybe longer. Doesn't make it easier to take but we're not the only club in the situation. At least ours have been leaving because we're doing well...

he probably only signed his deal to avoid a peter houston type scenario where he makes himself available and nobody wants him. A small buy out clause was the perfect situation for him.

He'll have to quit scotland as well as i'm sure league one teams play during international weeks

He said he had no ambition to manage at a higher level? Are you sure? :blink:

Here's the interview, from January:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-manager-stuart-mccall-says-1544203

"I have no great ambitions to manage at a high level or manage elsewhere, but what I do want to do is keep working with good players.