Mccall

Squirrelhumper

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can think ill of the guy for being interested in a new job. We've had what's turned out to be a fucking excellent manager for what's needed at our level, and we reaped the rewards of that. He's upped his stock within the game, and he's more than entitled to in turn reap his own rewards. Not only that but could easily have nailed his hopes to the mast at the end of his contract, but was willing to sign another one and as a result we'll get a reasonable sum of money for an outgoing manager.

I hope he stays, but if he does go he'll get nothing but the most sincere thanks and best wishes from me. And then we move onward.

• Like 10

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can think ill of the guy for being interested in a new job. We've had what's turned out to be a fucking excellent manager for what's needed at our level, and we reaped the rewards of that. He's upped his stock within the game, and he's more than entitled to in turn reap his own rewards. Not only that but could easily have nailed his hopes to the mast at the end of his contract, but was willing to sign another one and as a result we'll get a reasonable sum of money for an outgoing manager.

I hope he stays, but if he does go he'll get nothing but the most sincere thanks and best wishes from me. And then we move onward.

+1

+2

^^What he said ^^

Top post.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about us looking at the usual generic managerial employment queue.

Over the past couple of appointments we've interviewed the likes of McCall, Fenlon, Ricky Sbragia, Jim Gannon, Steve Staunton, Aidy Boothroyd, Lawrie Sanchez...

Some would appeal and some wouldn't, but you have to say that every one of them is out of left field

News Just in :: FromBBC

1. 1357: FOOTBALLMK Dons manager Karl Robinson is set to remain with the League One side after ruling himself out of the running for the Sheffield United vacancy.

BBC Radio Sheffield understands he has chosen to honour his MK contract, which has 18 months remaining.

only McCall and Southgate left I reckon

1369399191[/url]' post='383960']

Couldn't agree more . I for one wasn't convinced of smc's credentials when he arrived, and hoped that we would be the club where he made his mark and built a reputation. That has come to pass and it would be churlish to feel aggrieved if the guy chooses to take on another challenge elsewhere, especially with a club that he clearly has a lot of affection for. If he stays, I'd be over the moon but if as it seems he's off to the Blades, he leaves with my gratitude and no small measure of admiration for his achievements both on and off the park.

• Like 1

1369406750[/url]' post='384015']

Couldn't agree more . I for one wasn't convinced of smc's credentials when he arrived, and hoped that we would be the club where he made his mark and built a reputation. That has come to pass and it would be churlish to feel aggrieved if the guy chooses to take on another challenge elsewhere, especially with a club that he clearly has a lot of affection for. If he stays, I'd be over the moon but if as it seems he's off to the Blades, he leaves with my gratitude and no small measure of admiration for his achievements both on and off the park.

This and also the fact that he's not went to newco.

If indeed he takes this offer then best of luck Stuart, thanks for the memories, the comp. we will get and if you come back looking for players bring a big cheque because with the comp money we might not need to sell cheap.

+ another one and many thanks to the guy if he stays or if he goes plus total respect for not only how he has managed himself thru this episode but also how he has handled every media interview since he took charge and I believe he has represented us fantastically well! Has always come across like a good old fashioned manager notworthy.gif