Mccall

Squirrelhumper

Don't disagree with any of that, but I suppose for the sake of argument, possible scenarios could include a) no other tempting offers on the table at the time, so better to have some job than no job; b) actual finances or other resources available for next season turning out to be even less than anticipated when re-signing; c) genuine attempt to help out a club he's developed some affinity for, by ensuring they'll get compensation when he moves on.

are you copying me?? :evilgrin::lol:

can he do more than what he has already done??

i got the feeling thats why Houston left Utd - he done well with what he had and got the recognition for it, but when he seen what was on the table for the following season - he thought my CV looks good just now, if i stay its a downwards spiral - his stock was at an all time high and he wanted to bow out at that point so his CV didnt take a bashing or he wasnt shown the door by Utd

maybe McCall thinks the same?

although everything he has said in public has been fairly positive IMO

maybe he thinks the rebuilding job will be a difficult task and doesnt want to take the chance that it damages his CV? we need to remember, he didnt come here with a great record and its only now he's managed to raise his stock again.

It would be disappointing to lose him - but like some of the players, if they move on, they will be hard to replace but they will be replaced. If he goes - good luck to him

Well, that and the fact that almost everyone at United hated Houston as he's a complete rocket.

I'm sure McCall is up for the challenge of rebuilding but if other offers come his way that offer him what he sees as a chance to progress his career and make more money he is going to consider them.

Provided things get done in a timely fashion I won't be to worried, but in a couple of weeks time I hope to be pretty certain of who our manager will be for next season so we can get a team ready for early european games and a testing SPL campaign to follow.

I don't think that you can draw any conclusion from this report one way or ther other. Personally I think their is a real chance he will go. If he does, what about bringing Derek Adams down from Dingwall?

Adams would be a great appointment but it'll never happen. We'd have to fork out a decent compensation package and offer him a better deal than he's got at Ross County. Both of those are unrealistic IMO.

Adams would be a great appointment but it'll never happen. We'd have to fork out a decent compensation package and offer him a better deal than he's got at Ross County. Both of those are unrealistic IMO.

Plus of course he's from Aberdeen, which although it isn't exactly next door to Dingwall, probably means he's got friends and family in the vicinity and won't be in any great hurry to move south again.

Dont think the manager will leave after all he has said regarding if your happy why move ect ect Also dont think hes the type of person to sign a contract then leave 6 weeks later money is not everything to him Hes a loyal type of guy ,i think

Dont think the manager will leave after all he has said regarding if your happy why move ect ect Also dont think hes the type of person to sign a contract then leave 6 weeks later money is not everything to him Hes a loyal type of guy ,i think

Money is everything in football. After the Craig Brown episode of late 2010 Motherwell fans should know this as well as anybody. Loyalty doesn't come into it when a bigger pay cheque starts calling.

The compensation we'd have to pay an Alloa or a Stenny would be a lot less than we'd receive for McCall so is not totally out the question. Remember we paid money for Hammell which was part of a transfer received for Paterson.

I also think the same would apply to Derek Adams and Ross County and of course we could offer him a better deal than he is getting with them. Whether he would come is a different story and I don't think he would.

I'm not so sure. I reckon he'd be a great manager for us, but Roy McGregor isn't short of a few pence, I reckon that on purely financial terms they'd be able to put together a fairly attractive package for him.

Was there not a bit of bad blood with Adams when he left for Aberdeen too?

Hartley, I dunno, can't really see him quite at SPL level yet, but you never know. What about Allan Johnston?

Of course, this is all complete conjecture as our mulleted leader isn't going anywhere!