Mccall

Squirrelhumper

Nae chance we'd bring back Gannon. I do think that we're gonna lose McCall and if we do. Terry Butcher for me. :thumbup: . He can bring Ritchie Foran with him if he wants. It is going to be all change at the Ark next season. We're just going to have to wait and see what develops.

Nae chance we'd bring back Gannon. I do think that we're gonna lose McCall and if we do. Terry Butcher for me. :thumbup: . He can bring Ritchie Foran with him if he wants. It is going to be all change at the Ark next season. We're just going to have to wait and see what develops.

facepalm.gif No Thanks...Foran is past it now and is also under contract to 2014 and Butcher had his chance.

If McCall does leave and after watching Alloa against Dunfermline. Paul Hartley would be my shout. Alloa play in a very similar manner to us, they keep the ball on the ground and try to pass the ball. I do think he would fit the motherwell mould. Just seems like a natural progression.

The good thing here is Sheffield United are going to have to pay to take him. Which means we can pay a small amount to get someone from the lower leagues here should we wish to. Hartley is a super shout, he will know there is not much more he can do with Alloa. Another one who has done well is Ian Murray at Dumbarton though granted over a lesser period of time. In a way though it is good this is happening now before McCall starts building his team for next season and will let the new chap have time to build his team and he can live or die by his choices. If McCall stays, well and good. All bar one of his signings have improved us and even the other one left us with the memory of that comedy dolphin flip as he tried to run up the right wing on Sunday.

Was impressed with Alloa in the 2 games v Dunfermline.

My only concern with Hartley would be whether he has the knowledge & contacts required for picking up players from the places we would need to be looking.

Still not convinced McCall will be going anyway.

My only concern with Hartley would be whether he has the knowledge & contacts required for picking up players from the places we would need to be looking.

+1

I'd love it if McCall stayed

We couldn't afford him now but would've loved to have seen big Mitchell VanDerGaag back!

One thing is,if we have to cut say another £100k from the budget this season,and receive say £250k for McCall & Black would the cash be put back into this seasons budget? Or kept so/incase we don't sell someone

The way mcghee touted himslf about in his short time with us was a real let down. One good year with a team he didn't build and he's since been found out. Would very much oppose his return.

Personally think that connections to England is a prerequisite in our next manager - we can offer talented players down there an alternative route to further their careers - Boyle saw this and it has been a huge factor in our success over the last decade.

• Like 1

McGhee is a no for me..although he handled himself impeccably during our darkest period, him constantly whoring himself to any team that would take him put me right off him. I only want someone who can at the least commit for a couple of years and not constantly fawn over anything Old Firm related.

Edit - Inthebasement beat me to it

Absolutely no for me on McGhee. Were he to do well again - it would be a matter of weeks before he was tarting himself to Celtic et al....

I hope McCall stays, but we do need it sorted out as soon as.

Derek Adams would be a good shout. We could offer some of the compo we get for McCall. In saying that I still feel he is a bit on the young side.

All this re-building - gets tiring after a while.....

The way mcghee touted himslf about in his short time with us was a real let down. One good year with a team he didn't build and he's since been found out. Would very much oppose his return.

Personally think that connections to England is a prerequisite in our next manager - we can offer talented players down there an alternative route to further their careers - Boyle saw this and it has been a huge factor in our success over the last decade.

By the same token, McGhee would be mental to come back to a club with a support who vilified him (wrongly, in my opinion) so much.

While he might be welcomed back by most people now, the good will would only last until our first sticky patch.

Personally, can't think of any names that I'd really want if McCall leaves. Which isn't as bad as it sounds as I hadn't given McCall any thought before we appointed him. Much like managers should know more about players that are available than fans do so club directors should have a better idea than fans about who would fit the bill. If McCall leaves, I'd guess his replacement will be a name that we've heard of but that none of us have put forward as a possibility...

I'd rather McCall stayed. But if he goes, he does so with my thanks and best wishes...