Motherwell Fc Memorabilia Thread

underboyleheating

Heard the rumour a few times that our 1931 league winning flag was given away to a club in South Africa during the tour. No idea the in's and out's of why, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

Specifically Ecosse1991 might be able to help out given the extent of his collection on the period...?

Heard the rumour a few times that our 1931 league winning flag was given away to a club in South Africa during the tour.

Given that league championships don’t come along too often for teams like us, you would like to think that the club would have held on to such an important piece of memorabilia. When I did some work for the club a few years ago the company that I was working for got access to trophies and other memorabilia, but don’t remember seeing a league winners flag. However that’s not to say that it isn’t still in our possession.

Sorry I am unable to shed any light on the whereabouts of the 1931 Championship flag, heard a similar story over many years, a shame if the club does not have it.

Does anyone know if the club keeps copies or records of all programmes issued? I am trying to fill in missing gaps in my programme collection and would appreciate help to confirm if programmes where printed or issued for those missing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably one of the least interesting items on this thread but it is pretty much all that I have left.... Anyway, not sure of the year but I would guess at 93-ish as that is when I got my first job and it is the sort of thing that my Grand-dad would have given me to celebrate the occasion....

P1000999_zps390311fc.jpg

P1010002_zps1545af5d.jpg

Probably one of the least interesting items on this thread but it is pretty much all that I have left.... Anyway, not sure of the year but I would guess at 93-ish as that is when I got my first job and it is the sort of thing that my Grand-dad would have given me to celebrate the occasion....

P1000999_zps390311fc.jpg

P1010002_zps1545af5d.jpg

A very Jackson Pollock inspired tie design, and a cracking piece of memorabilia too.

• 5 months later...

Very rare to see one of these appear for sale, however in 2009 a SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS GOLD MEDAL engraved to the reverse 'Won by Motherwell F.C. B.Ellis 1931-32', with nine carat gold rope neck chain - Sold for £1,300 @ McTears Auctioneers.

Just curious, do the club have a league championship medal? Considering this is and will probably be our only top flight championship win it would be nice to think that we have kept some memorabilia from this historic event.

I have a framed painting called The Steelmen by Senga Murray. It's after the 91 cup win with the steelworks in the background it's a limited edition number 385/850. Just wondered if anyone knew if this had some value or not

They are prints and not paintings, mine is number 508, not sure what they might be worth, i have never seen one for sale.

Reckon it was 1995,my mate wore his to my wedding...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Click add reply,

below the white text box where you type the usual pish, there should be an attachment section

with a Browse tab,

use it to browse and find the image in your files/pictures

cick on the image and open then click attach this file just below browse

you should see and image code appearing in the white text box where you normally type pish :whistling: