Motherwell Fc Memorabilia Thread

underboyleheating

Everton have also modernised/simplified their crest.

A few clubs have gone down this route in recent times and like any business it’s good to bring your corporate identity up to date.

I have always wanted to have a go at tweaking our club badge, and if I get around to it I will post the result on this thread.

20130525-201813.jpg

Everton have also modernised/simplified their crest.

A few clubs have gone down this route in recent times and like any business it’s good to bring your corporate identity up to date.

I have always wanted to have a go at tweaking our club badge, and if I get around to it I will post the result on this thread.

I liked the old badge that I remember on the scarves of the late 60s early seventies.

Had a claret scarf with dual diagonal amber stripes and the well badge

More of a shield shape

I liked the old badge that I remember on the scarves of the late 60s early seventies.

Had a claret scarf with dual diagonal amber stripes and the well badge

More of a shield shape

I am sure that I have the scarf you are talking about. I also have a another old 60s/70s scarf with a different monogram on it.

I am sure that I have the scarf you are talking about. I also have a another old 60s/70s scarf with a different monogram on it.

Have been googling for images of that scarf just to confirm how dodgy my memory is. Would be good to see them at ome point if you could take a snap of them

Have been googling for images of that scarf just to confirm how dodgy my memory is. Would be good to see them at ome point if you could take a snap of them

Unfortunately the badges are faded on the one on the left although you can still make out the shield and the fir tree.

eqbjfl.jpg

That's a slightly different crest from the one I was expecting. I can only guess the one I was thinking of must have been in match programmes from the 1970's. That was more in line with the badge that I think SD is describing.

Loving the images of the scarves though. A nice shap shot of Motherwell history. Again though I was actually expecting you to post a slightly different scarf that I remember being passed down to me by the old man. The one I thought you were going to post had two sides, the back of it was completely claret. It was almost like an insert sewn on to the back of the scarf which itself was a rather horrible shade of amber with thin claret pinstripes. The scarf had some kind of print on it, albeit pretty faded by the time it was passed on to me.

On a slightly similar theme as regards the badge/shield again when I was young I was given this quite odd Motherwell badge as a gift. It was an A4 sized board with claret felt covering it with loads of pins/nails on it in the shape of a shield with claret and and amber thread woven all around these nails/pains. Very tricky to accurately describe actually. Sadly another piece of memorabilia that was placed in the hands someone not fully able to appreciate it until it was too late.

That's a slightly different crest from the one I was expecting. I can only guess the one I was thinking of must have been in match programmes from the 1970's. That was more in line with the badge that I think SD is describing.

Loving the images of the scarves though. A nice shap shot of Motherwell history. Again though I was actually expecting you to post a slightly different scarf that I remember being passed down to me by the old man. The one I thought you were going to post had two sides, the back of it was completely claret. It was almost like an insert sewn on to the back of the scarf which itself was a rather horrible shade of amber with thin claret pinstripes. The scarf had some kind of print on it, albeit pretty faded by the time it was passed on to me.

On a slightly similar theme as regards the badge/shield again when I was young I was given this quite odd Motherwell badge as a gift. It was an A4 sized board with claret felt covering it with loads of pins/nails on it in the shape of a shield with claret and and amber thread woven all around these nails/pains. Very tricky to accurately describe actually. Sadly another piece of memorabilia that was placed in the hands someone not fully able to appreciate it until it was too late.

Sadly an all too familiar theme with regards to our heritage, but when your own club does away with the entire iconic turnstile frontage what chance have fans got of keeping up tradition?

• Like 1

These scarves belonged to my dad, so I am not 100% certain how old they are. The one on the left is the oldest and he wore it to games in the early 60s.

We should start a memorabilia thread where people can post up images of rare MFC stuff they have collected over the years.

Great suggestion underboyleheating!

Lots of us have large Motherwell memorabilia collections, others have just one or two special souvenirs that they keep. Either way share your favourites in this thread and lets see what wee bits of Motherwell history you have hidden away....

Andy what you have described is like the one I have (that survived the flood) A Fir tree and the Scottish Cup Winners on it and the League Cup It was produced I think in the mid 50's I am in the process of moving and it is packed away so cant post a pic of it.

Sadly an all too familiar theme with regards to our heritage, but when your own club does away with the entire iconic turnstile frontage what chance have fans got of keeping up tradition?

Exactly - was very worthy of B-Listed status surely.. Damn shame it was bulldozed. Should have been dismantled and rebuilt under the Cooper.

I have various tops from different occassions but the best has to be a Blue Motherwell top from the season before the black top with sash. It was a prototype design. It's at my parents, ill dig it out and get some pics up. There is also a white one with blue sash which was for sale but I missed that one :( . Someone somewhere has it!!!

I have various tops from different occassions but the best has to be a Blue Motherwell top from the season before the black top with sash. It was a prototype design. It's at my parents, ill dig it out and get some pics up. There is also a white one with blue sash which was for sale but I missed that one :( . Someone somewhere has it!!!

Barry McKnight has that one. Both nice shirts.

I'm lucky enough to have a few signed shirts, but they're all fairly recent. Have home and away signed by the Goram/Goodman/Faddy team and home shirt from the CIS Cup Final team but I wore that one out on the ran-dan so has a couple of dubious stains!

On a more unusual note, I have the trophy awarded to Johnny Gahagan for being voted into the Best Ever XI, and I also have three bucket seats from the Main Stand. Ask no questions and I'll tell you no lies on that one!