Motherwell Fc Memorabilia Thread

underboyleheating

I don't know to be honest- it hasn't arrived yet. It looks higher up too. Time will tell I suppose. Can't wait to get it.

The MFC script on the original was relatively small. Without boring you and myself with the details surrounding it the one on your shirt looks like the very rough version that I drew around 2001/02. My graphic was freely available on the web and could have been easily used by anyone. I redrew it properly for our 125 retro shirt, however, the version used in your online auction shirt is certainly not the same as that later MFC graphic. The thick yellow seam around the collar also looks a bit odd and is not consistent with photos from the time. The big question is why anyone bother to fake/produce a Motherwell shirt from the early 80s? Anyway let me know what the label says inside the collar as you can usually get clues from that to judge whether it is an original or not.

Ps: it looks similar to the fake 80's adidas shirts that are produced in Thailand. You can buy them online for around £12. They usually have no manufacture labels on the inside. Also genuine Motherwell adidas shirts from that time will more than likely have a claret squad number on the back of the shirt.

Nottingham Forrest 1980 fake retro jersey

Wish I'd never mentioned it now....

I am glad you did as either way it is a fascinating find. I really hope it’s the real deal as they are rarer than rare. I have only ever seen one in the flesh once since the early 80’s and that had a squad number on the back (it must have come directly from a player or club employee from the time). Fingers crossed it’s authentic, as early shirts that weren’t commercially available are certainly classed as club holy grail items. thumbup.gif

If it's real, I got a massive bargain. If it's fake, I've been massively bumped.

Exactly! The one thing in your favour is why would anyone choose to fake a Motherwell adidas shirt? Early adidas shirts from Man Utd, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool are faked all the time, Motherwell not so much.

Exactly! The one thing in your favour is why would anyone choose to fake a Motherwell adidas shirt? Early adidas shirts from Man Utd, Nottingham Forrest, Liverpool are faked all the time, Motherwell not so much.

Ach, just put the guy out of his misery and admit that you are the seller and you faked it yourself.

UK but it not marked as dispatched yet and they're sending it second class so might end up being a pre-season topic of interest!

I think I am more excited than you about it’s arrival. :) At least it’s coming from the UK and not some far away place. If it’s a fake report the seller to Ebay for selling dodgy gear. There are retro adidas collectors online who can spot a fake a mile off and they would be more than happy to tell you if it’s genuine or not.

Decided I'm getting rid of my limited edition print that I mentioned earlier in this post. After contacting numerous people, was told by a memorabilia site it was worth roughly 80 to 100. If anyone fancies making me an offer.

doubt youll get that for it mate tbh

Item location is stated as BA, Thailand (Bangkok?) and there is another one up for auction (currently 11.50). Wonder why the seller chose to fake a 'well shirt?

Any shirts shipped from Thailand will be fake. I doubt whether many original shirts have survived from the time and if they did they will have a squad number on the back. I know that at least one original exists, however, what happened to the rest your guess is as good as mine. It will be interesting to see the quality of these shirts as it is difficult to judge from a picture. Early adidas/Admiral/Hummel fake shirts usually sell for about £12 - £15 online.

Edit: I just noticed that Mad Dog is based in Thailand. Are you faking these shirts? whistling.gif

Nope, nothing to do with me! Actually, I had considered getting one of your designs made up (with your permission, of course) with the intention of raising funds for The Well Society but it was never more than a thought. I have neither the time nor the relevant connections in the textile industry here.