Club Badge

underboyleheating

Nothing!

If I recall correctly, Provan Sports own the rights to the existing badge so the club would need their permission to alter it, and I wouldn't think a massive pile of out-of-date merchandise would be particularly desirable to them.

My Nephew asked me a few weeks ago about the Ravenscraig on the badge, He thought it was a boat. Never thought much of it at the time as he's only 7 and wouldn't know anything about the craig but now I look at it, yeh mibby is time for a change, Won't be getting my tattoo done again though!

No disrespect, but the saying is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with our badge at present. This might seem a bit narrow minded but for me, "modernising" the badge is just a no go area.

That badge only came into being in 1983, we had various versions previously and well probably change it in the future.

How many times recently have you upgraded a mobile phone, a laptop or computer a games console or a car?

Every one of them fucked?

exactly, it's not like UBH is talking replacing our badge with a dragon and changing the colours to red....

How many times recently have you upgraded a mobile phone, a laptop or computer a games console or a car?

Not a great analogy, even for this place.

All of those items listed are designed with obsolescence in mind. It's actually OK to want to hold on to the traditions and identity of a football club, even thought it's becoming more and more difficult. (And yes, I do realise the badge being updated is recent).

If we follow the above logic, then Sevco is still Rangers as all they have done is tweak a few business structures on the back end.

• Like 1

Surely if we are modernising the badge, the ball should be a Jabulani or some other fancy Dan bollocks?

I reckon when it comes to club badges certain design elements require a generic look. If you were designing a tournament badge (World Cup, Champions League) you could opt for a more up to date ball.

If it ain't broke, it don't need fixing.

That's the problem, certain design elements within the club badge are broken. The industrial Steelworks graphic and the fir trees are starting to show their age.

it's actually OK to want to hold on to the traditions and identity of a football club, even thought it's becoming more and more difficult. (And yes, I do realise the badge being updated is recent).

And that is why I have changed very little weeyin. I like the sentiment behind our club badge, it just requires a design M.O.T. I have kept all of the design elements but hopefully made them clearer and more recognisable.