Club Badge

underboyleheating

Surely if were modernising it to suit the times then we should get rid of the steelworks and put lines of coke and Buckfast bottles in there instead...

Unless Motherwell become a sell out Cardiff City and were doing what Everton done and changed their badge so it is easier to replicate so that the badge is made more recognisable worldwide, then why would we need to change it?

No from me, but nice design work.

Are they? :blink:

Surely that's simply a matter of opinion?

Having worked as a design professional for over 30 years, it is my opinion that certain elements in our current badge are in need of a revamp. I can't claim to know much about other professions, however I have learned a little about design over the years. Trust me, the Steelworks and fir tree graphics in our badge are tired and badly drawn. It is highly unlikely that the club will change the current badge anytime soon, and I was merely casting a professional eye over a badge that was designed 30 years ago. thumbup.gif

Some very interesting chat (particularly in the wake of some pretty high profile changes in England)....

Actually, we have worked in the last year to standardise the 'Well badge as there were so many various incarnations all over the place. The standard one we now work with has the white ball in the centre, which I believe was (close to) the original. It's also nice to have a third colour. You can see it just to the left of this post, if you have that functionality switched on whilst browsing the forums.

We have worked to try and implement this across the board; you will find most of our online and publications carry this, as does the new 2013/14 PUMA kits and the majority of the stock you can purchase in the club shop.

Some of the slower to shift is around Fir Park itself, that's the most time-consuming and expensive to rebrand.

As much as I like and understand the elements UBH talks about, I don't think the club will move away from what we have just now.

For me (personally speaking), there are a few things that should always remain constant. Your badge, your colours and, where possible, the basic design elements of your home strip (i.e. amber top with a claret band or hoop).

Flow

Having worked as a design professional for over 30 years, it is my opinion that certain elements in our current badge are in need of a revamp. I can't claim to know much about other professions, however I have learned a little about design over the years. Trust me, the Steelworks and fir tree graphics in our badge are tired and badly drawn. It is highly unlikely that the club will change the current badge anytime soon, and I was merely casting a professional eye over a badge that was designed 30 years ago. thumbup.gif

That'll be me telt then!

I was not criticising your design or questioning your credentials, but merely trying to highlight the obvious in that people have different opinions and perhaps like the original design and see no need for an 'upgrade' as it were.

I'm pretty sure Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen has worked as a design professional for over 30 years.

Doesn't mean I need to like his flouncy shirts or whore's boudoir bedroom makeovers.

• 2 weeks later...