Motherwell Fc Website

johnstone

Don't know if anyone else is having these issues, but on the official website I keep running into a really annoying problem. Lets say you post a link to the Ojamma bid being rejected (like the one in the shoutbox just now) and you click it - you don't actually go to the website you go to the really annoying splash page and you then click through to the homepage and then have to find the link yourself. This is terrible for user experience.

The other issue I have ran into is the fact the site does not work well on iPad - I can't click on the menu items.

Anyone else running into these issues?

I'm having the same problems using an iPad also so don't know if the problems with the site or the iPad software - I get similar problems on other forums.

No it will be the site. It looks like the menu items are dropping down due to not fitting the width of the screen. so the area you press is not whee the actual link is - its moved down.

1369826354[/url]' post='384656']

Don't know if anyone else is having these issues, but on the official website I keep running into a really annoying problem. Lets say you post a link to the Ojamma bid being rejected (like the one in the shoutbox just now) and you click it - you don't actually go to the website you go to the really annoying splash page and you then click through to the homepage and then have to find the link yourself. This is terrible for user experience.

The other issue I have ran into is the fact the site does not work well on iPad - I can't click on the menu items.

Anyone else running into these issues?

Snap

I get the same on my phone (Galaxy S3).

Aye it's the website. It happens to me too but I just click refresh and goes on to the correct page.

And this is also my resolution to the problem.

We are aware of the problem...

When we upgraded our software in the background, it rendered the plug-in we were using for the splash as redundant. As a short-term solution, we have implemented it the way it is. A work around is in the pipeline.

Speaking more broadly, we will soon be starting on a completely new version of the site, taking into account some of the recent trends and habits that people have whilst browsing.

Thanks for flagging though,

Flow

• Like 1

It's down to lazinessss of the web design company who havent taken the trouble to make sure the site renders well on differnet devices such as ipads, tablets and smart phones. The club should be demanding they do something about it.

Presumably the complete site revamp 'Flow mentioned a couple of posts back will be addressing that. If not, you're right -- time to find a different web design company with a better CMS.

It's down to lazinessss of the web design company who havent taken the trouble to make sure the site renders well on differnet devices such as ipads, tablets and smart phones. The club should be demanding they do something about it.

Nonsense.

As a Web Designer the job of making a site responsive is time consuming and it can sometimes be added as an optional add on to the price.

Its not laziness it might just simply be down to budget.

Nonsense.

As a Web Designer the job of making a site responsive is time consuming and it can sometimes be added as an optional add on to the price.

Its not laziness it might just simply be down to budget.

I'm a web designer too and the current MFC site that s built on Wordpress publishing platform coud be rebuilt into a responsive site pretty quickly especially by two MFC fans :)

I'm a fluffer.

Flow got a talking up on BBC Radio Scotland's Paper Talk yesterday. They have a veiny hardon for him there.

One of the red tops (The Record?) was the same. They were making the point that they get no help from Hearts but Motherwell are the most media friendly and Hearts should copy us.

This from a paper that had zero Motherwell stories that week.