Roberto Martinez

Lenin the Parakeet

I remember him picking up comp tickets outside Tannadice a couple of years ago, and a bunch of older boys noticing him and saying hello, before waiting until he was out of earshot to berate him for doing fuck all with us.

The guy could sell snow to the eskimos.

"I will get Everton into the Champions League"

Will you fuck Roberto. Especially when Davie Moyes buys all your main assets.

I can't believe how such an under performing manager seems to get so much praise. Look at Tony Pulis. Has kept Stoke in the EPL year after year and done it quite comfortably and he gets sacked, while Martinez gets touted as the greatest manager in Europe.

Baffling!

• Like 2

1370524082[/url]' post='385521']

I can't believe how such an under performing manager seems to get so much praise. Look at Tony Pulis. Has kept Stoke in the EPL year after year and done it quite comfortably and he gets sacked, while Martinez gets touted as the greatest manager in Europe.

Baffling!

Totally agree with this. I've never understood all the hype round Martinez at all, Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce have better records with Wigan and while he gets credit for whats happening at Swansea both Paolo Sousa then Brendan Rodgers made bigger impacts than him before Laudrup took over.

It's all down to him having a snazzy name. If he was Rab Martins he wouldn't have half the chat about him.

EDIT: They'll be doing well to finish top 12 this season.

Baffling!

Difference is, Martinez played football, Pulis played the bullying, long ball game. Plus Pulis was far too old to wear a tracksuit!

Totally agree with this. I've never understood all the hype round Martinez at all, Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce have better records with Wigan and while he gets credit for whats happening at Swansea both Paolo Sousa then Brendan Rodgers made bigger impacts than him before Laudrup took over.

It's all down to him having a snazzy name. If he was Rab Martins he wouldn't have half the chat about him.

EDIT: They'll be doing well to finish top 12 this season.

I think the difference is that Martinez set the ball rolling at Swansea, the ethos he put through the club as a whole is what they're reaping the benefits from now.

My memory associated with him is when Jordi Cruyff turned up to see him at a pre-season friendly at Cliftonhill. His car looked as though it was worth more than half of Coatbridge!

And yes, Martinez's contribution was rather underwhelming.

I think we were unlucky in that we signed Martinez at the same time as we signed some other players that weren't quite up to scratch. I seem to recall his league debut was in a midfield two with Andy Dow at East End Park. I thnk if we'd had a Lasley or Jennings type player alongside Martinez he might have done ok. I think the Martinez we signed would have done a great job in the Nicky Law role of last season's team. Clearly at that time, things were going badly for us and it wasn't the best time to join Motherwell. They loved him at Swansea and Wigan so he must have showed something there...