Pre-Season 2013/14 Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

Doncaster are doing that exact thing just now, wee tour of local non-league teams to kick off their preparations, do it every year I think. Frickley last Sat, Retford I think midweek.:thumbup:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/retfordunited/news/unlucky-badgers-melt-late-on-a-985756.html

Correct Matt. Most teams do it down here. A good way to support their local teams financially.

A good set up at Retford. My lad played for their under 19s last season and is hoping to play for their reserves this season.

Looking forward to Doncaster on Saturday :thumbup:

Didn't one of the issues used to be that yellow/red cards and disciplinary points from playing local teams carried over into the season or something stupid like that?

I could be completely misremembering that.

That came about after David Clarkson got sent off against Queen of the South

1373409662[/url]' post='388633']

Brewers Fayre before the match would be my suggestion folks. Nearest pub to the ground and I can tell you from past experience that away fans get in with colours on no problem. We'll be there from opening...

Be as well nipping over to Belziehill Farm... Plenty to choose from around the Frenchgate and town centre and the odd one on what would be a brisk walk to the ground.

Surmise we'll head for town centre then taxi to the ground where we'll also have a beer there as some of the laws for enjoying yourself inside sports stadia differ to the draconian thinking up here.

I know Brewers Fayres aren't the best but this is probably as decent a one as I've been in. The bar at the stadium (Belle Vue Bar) won't let away fans in and the beer inside the stadium won't be the best.

Pubs in the town centre are great but not ideal for getting to the stadium. I'd rather just stumble along the road at 2:50 than have to leave the boozer early to find a taxi. Plenty of time for town centre drinking afterwards.

I know Brewers Fayres aren't the best but this is probably as decent a one as I've been in. The bar at the stadium (Belle Vue Bar) won't let away fans in and the beer inside the stadium won't be the best.

Pubs in the town centre are great but not ideal for getting to the stadium. I'd rather just stumble along the road at 2:50 than have to leave the boozer early to find a taxi. Plenty of time for town centre drinking afterwards.

Bully for you, not an issue for those I'm travelling with or I. :cheese:

Book yourself a seat on it for going home. Means once I knock the 7 shades of shit out you for being a cock you can just head home.

Happy 1000th post to me!

Haha- congratulations! The inevitable Fraz n Mitch punch-up will probably happen on Saturday night, and you'll be flung about like an empty trackie as usual.

Looking forward to it.

Haha- congratulations! The inevitable Fraz n Mitch punch-up will probably happen on Saturday night, and you'll be flung about like an empty trackie as usual.

Looking forward to it.

Now now children, behave, dont want to have to break the 2 of yous of up on saturday night a need someone to make the dancing with :>)