Pre-Season 2013/14 Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

Anyone heading for Morecambe next saturday, managed to book train tickets from Manchester.

Train we are on going down to Morecambe goes to Manchester after Lancaster and Preston, so I'd imagine the reverse route is there to be had.

Edit... trainline.com has Manchester to Morecambe, changing at Lancaster depart 12:15 and arrive 13:35

Train we are on going down to Morecambe goes to Manchester after Lancaster and Preston, so I'd imagine the reverse route is there to be had.

Edit... trainline.com has Manchester to Morecambe, changing at Lancaster depart 12:15 and arrive 13:35

Only if it sprouts wings... Manchester's not on the West Coast Main Line.

Anyone know how many Newcastle fans are expected? Some say they're going to fill the stand; others say they'll bring about 1000.

if we were lucky enough to have played them on a saturday, i could've seen them filling it as a possibility

a tuesday night game - ko at 7, when most people dont finish work til 5ish - then if they bring over a 1000 - fair play to them

Wooft! Another typical Doncaster weekend, back at 11pm last night, shattered and unable to look at a 'pooter screen til now. Magic trip, superb company, drank more this weekend than in the last 3 months I think. Hope I don't need to wait another 29 years before the next return game :thumbup:

PS Did you know we never signed the documents to give Doncaster back to England after we liberated it? Officially still Scottish apparently, I'll drink to that :drinks::thumbup:

Only if it sprouts wings... Manchester's not on the West Coast Main Line.

Am sure that's what the route schedule said - Virgin Trains - or it may have been change at Lancaster for Manchester ............... either way, it is possible to get a train from Manchester to Morecambe, changing at Lancaster.

Am sure that's what the route schedule said - Virgin Trains - or it may have been change at Lancaster for Manchester ............... either way, it is possible to get a train from Manchester to Morecambe, changing at Lancaster.

It ios the route and always has been as far as I am aware. I've been down here 17 years and always managed to get a direct train from Manchester to either Motherwell or Glasgow. I'm getting an earlier train arriving at 13.35 for a 14.00 kick off is cutting it too fine in my book as the ground is a wee bit away from the station and I fancy a beer or two before kick-off.

It ios the route and always has been as far as I am aware. I've been down here 17 years and always managed to get a direct train from Manchester to either Motherwell or Glasgow. I'm getting an earlier train arriving at 13.35 for a 14.00 kick off is cutting it too fine in my book as the ground is a wee bit away from the station and I fancy a beer or two before kick-off.

Both of you are correct in this instance.

You can get a direct train from Manchester to Motherwell/Glasgow but Manchester isn't on the West Coast main line.

Used to get the train to morecambe a lot as kids.

Motherwell to Lancaster, then changed for the local train to morecambe. Always remember the train from Lancaster to morecambe was always out the side of the station and the only other stop was called "bare lane" which I thought was funny.

Can't go this time, but should be a good day out for those that do!