Pre-Season 2013/14 Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

Hollis, Hammell, Ramsden, Hutchinson, McManus, McFadden, Lawson, Sutton, Vigurs, Lasley, McHugh

Subs: Nielsen, Francis-Angol, Carswell, Erwin, Kerr, Moore, Murray

Assume we're playing a diamond again, didnt really work against Newcastle. Lack of pace notable. Hope both keepers are getting a half each and Hollis starting isn't a sign of him starting next week.

Also no Anier, if he hasn't signed I assume we've missed the euro deadline?

Could be a straight 442 with Vigurs left, McFadden right. I know Vigurs isn't a winger but neither was Law.

Just a shame McHugh is such a different player to Ojamaa. Could play 4231 if McHugh could play wide. Could Moore play that role? Or even at the centre of the three?

Wasn't overly impressed with Nielsen at Morecambe but the inclusion of Hollis is an interesting one...

What I find interesting is the inclusion of Hollis behind what one would assume is our first choice back four. Could it be that McManus and Hutchinson feel more secure with Hollis behind them? Not a simple case of the best keeper but the keeper that the centre backs are more sure of...?

If tonights line up is a clue to how we will start it was a 4-4-1-1 with Vigurs left, McFadden right and McHugh playing behind Sutton. They did move around after the initial stages though.

Though we were pretty poor in the opening stages and just like the Newcastle match it was a bit alarming at how easily we were being sliced apart at the back. The goal against was not a big surprise when it came.

However with the goal against we seemed to wake up a bit and step up a gear or two and most of the rest of the game was fairly evenly contested. Forest deserved their half time lead but we also probably deserved our goal in the second half.

The keeper looked fairly assured and made a complete of very good saves. Worryingly both Hutchinson and McManus went off with knocks, although both walked off the pitch so hopefully they'll be fine for next week.

Vigurs was impressive, especially in the first half and showed enough to think signing him was a coup, probably our best player on the night although ZFA made an other impressive performance coming off the bench and it was him who set up the goal that was well taken by McHugh.

There was always the impression though that we were holding back a bit from challenges, making runs etc, understandable as no one wants to get injured before the European match but I'd like to have seen us play at just a little bit of a higher pace.

Overall though a deserved draw I felt.

Decent enuff game tonight!

Was impressed by Lawson and also the performance of our youngsters off the bench again, encouraging signs. Wee Boab took his goal well. 3 goals in past two games for him can only boost his confidence for the new season.

As above disappointed they Hutch, Mick and also Vigurs going off injured. McManus looked a right sore one! Hopefully just minor for all three and be fine for Thursday!

Oh and Sutton still spends half the game on his arse although he did put a fair shift in.