Pre-Season 2013/14 Thread

Toxteth O'Grady

I enjoyed although I was just happy to be back after missing the other friendlies!

Thought Lawson was our best player if not the best player on the park. Vigurs I like, got great feet and always a wee trick or reverse pass up his sleeve but not convinced he has the pace to play on the left. Good second half from McHugh and took his goal well. Never seen Erwin play before but was impressed with him too, he came on and didn't look fazed at all, got himself involved and provided some good link up play.

All in all a draw a fair result. Forest dominated the first half and we dominated the second.

They will all be fine. McCall's quote has been on the official site from last night...

"You want to come through your last game before the European game without any serious injuries and although we had to take McManus, Vigurs and Hutchinson off, they probably all would have stayed on had it been an SPFL game and they’ll all be fit for Thursday"

Thought it was good game last night and a good workout for the team.

The goalies didn't have much to do.

Defence leaked the first goal but generally looked solid. Liked the looks of the McManus/Hutchison partnership, Hammell solid and Ramsden played well looking better and better at right back. A couple more games at right back and I think we will have a very good looking back 4.

Midfield was shifted about from a flat 4 to a diamond however Lawson and Vigurs stood out for me. Lawson a solid mop up, hard working game with good distribution. Vigurs very composed on the ball with lovely touches. He will be our capture of the summer. Faddy showed glimpses but does look a game or so behind everyone else. Lasley solid.

Attackers were a bit huff and puff all game but that was due to nature of the possession play in midfield. Sutton got to a lot of headed balls and worked hard. Though McHugh didnt really kick a ball first half but worked hard and his finish was great.

Of the subs ZFA impressed most and all the other boys did well too I thought. Mentions to Kerr and Erwin for impressing.

On a side note, we were sitting in the main stand behind Jamie Mackie and the new Turkish lad Forrest have signed. Mackie turned around during the first have to ask who our number 11 was as he was a cracking player. Praise from another pro can only be good!

Couldn't have summed it better Superward.

In relation to Vigurs I am genuinely as excited about him as I have been for any new signing we have made in a long time. Boy is a class footballer.

Plus I agree bout Kerr, looked solid so far this pre season think this might turn out a very astute bit of business by Stuary Mc.

Agree Lawson and Particularly Vigurs look very good signings.

Lawson seems the unsung hero type, retainig the ball and finding a man. Seems to like a crack at goal as well.

Vigurs looks a class act.

Faddy appeared a bit of a luxury last night but it was a friendly and he prob just needs competitive games to shine.

On a side note, we were sitting in the main stand behind Jamie Mackie and the new Turkish lad Forrest have signed. Mackie turned around during the first have to ask who our number 11 was as he was a cracking player. Praise from another pro can only be good!

Who was our number 11? McFadden?

Erwin came on up front and equipped himself well.

I though Euan Murray looked quit assured and unphased at the back too when he came on and looked good up at Cowdenbeath

saw a tweet yesterday that Euan has done his hamstring and is now on crutches, ouch :cry:

I saw a tweet from one of the Motherwell media people about filming a game at Irvine Meadow. Just assumed it was a friendly, didn't realise there was an actual tournament on the go.

Apparently our U20's face Partick Thistle's in the Final of the said tournament at 3pm today. Might be of interest to some of the Ayrshire based Dossers who have posted in the thread of the same name.

I saw a tweet from one of the Motherwell media people about filming a game at Irvine Meadow. Just assumed it was a friendly, didn't realise there was an actual tournament on the go.

Apparently our U20's face Partick Thistle's in the Final of the said tournament at 3pm today. Might be of interest to some of the Ayrshire based Dossers who have posted in the thread of the same name.

Just seen this Andy.

Aye, wouldve nipped over. Never mind, thanks for the thought. Appreciated.