Testimonial Criteria

Frazzie

I'm clearly bored with no football happening just now, but this thought occurred to me:

Fraser Kerr spent six years with 'Well, coming through the youths before moving to Brum. He then came back on loan for an initial six months, which was extended to a year, and now he's signed a two-year deal.

Does that mean if he gets to the end of his contract with us he will be just one year off a testimonial?

I realise the answer is probably "no" but is that because the youth bit doesn't count, the loan period doesn't count, or both?

I think it's from their first team debut, a stint of 10 years of first team football with the club. I think loans are discounted along with Andy periods away from the club.

Sounds about right, although there aren't really any hard and fast rules anyway AFAIK, just tradition.

Sure it used to be 10 years unbroken service at the same club;maybe the rules have changed?

hammell got one so it can't be unbroken.

our ex loan keeper luke daniels has been at west brom since 2004 and signed a new contract recently which keeps him there until 2015 but has never played a minute for the baggies. he might not even get a game at his own testimonial.

McGregor never got a game at Rangers until 2007/08, before that he was subbed and loaned out to Dunfermline and cowdenbeath (I think). So I'd say it's very much a possibility haha!

In the Case of Luke Daniels, he couldn't get a testimonial as he hasn't played for WBA at all.

A career ending injury also triggers - or at least it used to - a testimonial... Sure Colin O'Neill never served 10 years at Fir Park.

His testimonial was the first ever well game for me. 18 years ago, jeeeez.