We Are The 4Th Greatest Team Ever In The Spl

wideboyal

This season, Motherwell have jumped 2 places in the all time SPL table, amassing a total of 717 points since the SPL creation.

We leapfrogged The Dons and Killie to claim 4th spot!

not bad for a wee team!

ALL TIME SPL TOP SIX POINTS SCORED

CELTIC 1318 (last season 1st)

RANGERS 1175 (last season 2nd)

HEARTS 826 (last season 3rd)

MOTHERWELL 717 (last season 6th)

KILLIE 712 (last season 4th)

ABERDEEN 707 (last season 5th)

Looking at that table, ourselves and Killie have really done incredibly well since the formation of the SPL. Outperforming more than half of the city clubs (albeit with Dundee's financial problems) is an amazing feat.

Not bad at all for a couple of small clubs located so close to the hordes of unwashed.

Proof, if any were required, that we supporters have had it pretty good for a good few years. Kind of puts in perspective the moaning that we supporters (myself included) do on a regular basis. Even in the last six seasons of pretty much uninterrupted relative success, how many players (and managers) have been declared "not good enough" by some of our support (again, I include myself).

Frankly, we should be enjoying looking back at some of the cracking teams we've seen in claret and amber, because there's no guarantee it'll last forever..

• Like 3

Kind of puts in perspective the moaning that we supporters (myself included) do on a regular basis.

I'll distance myself from the 'we' there. I, like many other 'well fans, are fully aware of how well the club have done over the last few years and enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

I'll distance myself from the 'we' there. I, like many other 'well fans, are fully aware of how well the club have done over the last few years and enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

Oh aye, I'm only too aware how lucky we've been. Doesn't stop the (occasional) moan at a particular game or player that frustrates.

Not talking about some of the serial offenders on here...